70 replies to this topic

#61 PsyGene

PsyGene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1379 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:06 AM

For some reason the 9th at Warrnambool came to my mind (I think that it's the 9th? or maybe the 10th? - I've only played it once) It's only about 200mt long, with a steep drop down to the green, but surrounded by shrubs all around apart from at the front where you can lay up with a mid iron. A brave and accurate hybrid or long iron gives a great eagle chance.

#62 K K Kenny

K K Kenny

The artist formerly known as HCWT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4528 posts
  • LocationMid north coast, NSW

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:11 AM

Theres a nice one at Arundel Hills that has water down the right side and gets narrower as you approach the green. Also the 3rd and 10th at Pacific Dunes are good holes. There is also a good one with lots of bunkers at Twin creeks ( goes without saying if its at twin creeks that it would have lots of bunkers..lol)

#63 pinhigh5

pinhigh5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:26 AM

My fav is the first at Royal Sydney

#64 Oenophile

Oenophile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:37 AM

Gotta be the third at Royal Adelaide. http://www.royaladel...our/hole3.mhtml

#65 pim

pim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

In WA ? How about Araluen's 9th hole? - Your club choice off the tee can change with the season. The 3rd hole at lake Claremont? - a two hundred metre bob sled shot! They are the two that i find most interesting.

#66 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:58 AM

About 210 metres down hill, surely memorable short opening hole have to go to Victoria Club. At a charity match, with large bunkers protecting the front fairway, must new players read too much into it and tee off with irons and fair woods or hybrids. ... Ha ha, me, the last to tee off in the second last flight waited until the 1st green was cleared and took out my driver ! The golfers from at the last flight was thinking what an ambitious golfer to wait for the green to clear. Drove straight down, cleared the bunkers landed 10-20 metres before the green, ball ran on and over the green by 15 metres and stopped 20 metres before the 2nd tee. Damn! did a lousy chip and 2 putted for a par. The next 3 holes, all par 4's look and feel the same. it was like ground hog day !!!! Not playing there any more if I have to pay for it and don't ask me to join that club too. It's not the members, it's the course and should be rated towards 75 in Australia I recon but I have only played 6 golf courses in Victoria lol

#67 HotPies

HotPies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:17 PM

1st at Flinders, around 240 ish but can turn into 300 M If the wind is up !

#68 balnce

balnce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

1st Long island 8th 2nd kingston heath 3rd 3rd st andrews beach 2nd

#69 balnce

balnce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:47 AM

1st Long island 8th 2nd kingston heath 3rd 3rd st andrews beach 2nd

#70 Shinypants

Shinypants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

1ST South course Peninsula. 290m odd downhill. Plenty of choices. Driver and clear the creek it can run on or find bunkers. Hit 3 wood and find creek or sit well just short. Hit long iron and be well set or in fairway bunker. You have the choice and you can do well or stuff up. I think this makes the short par 4s so interesting

#71 Drgribuls

Drgribuls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1942 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

any short par 4 that requires a big water carry (and some sack) to go for it. 6th at windaroo lakes 14th " " " 3rd at helensvale there's heaps of them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users