#661 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14780 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

>Beer, Beer, Beer and after some Bundy Overproof Rum. You can stick your wine. Go the beer drinkers…. ernhendo, You need to broaden your horizons. I expect most, if not all, that have posted in this thread would have beer, bourbon, bundy or something else as their normal drink. Nothing wrong with having a nice wine with dinner by yourself or with friends (as well as a beer or 10) and letting others know about it. I also am a beer, beer, beer man, but like a good drop of red, or white for that matter. Then again, I guess I just like alcohol. Hmmm, maybe my wife is right, I may have a problem. Oh well, I'll just have to try and live with it.

#662 Sarg

Sarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:06 AM

I'm the same Beer, beer and more beer though 6 full strenghts and I'm gooonnneee :) I hated wine until I tried a decent bottle then after a bit of research trying different types regions etc I have found many I like but normally stick to the $20-$30 range so that limits me to a couple a month. And apart from beer and good wine I hate all other alcohol. I used to drink vodka so I could disguise the taste. My rule is if it's brown its bad. Davego what is it with pool building and bad weather?

#663 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14780 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

>Davego what is it with pool building and bad weather? Sarg, I figure it's how the pool gods work. You have all the bad weather while your building the bloody thing, so you can have the good weather when it's finished. Well I hope that's the way it goes anyway.

#664 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14780 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 21 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

For those of you who like a slightly lighter red, but still with full bodied flavour and well rounded, had a bottle of 05 Kilikanoon Medley (grenache, shiraz, mouvre) the other night and quite tasty. Don't know if this is to be found in many bottle shops and should be around the $30-35 mark. For ernhendos benefit, I also had a couple bottles of Grolsch pre and post.

#665 ellimb

ellimb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1622 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:38 AM

I’m the same Beer, beer and more beer though 6 full strenghts and I’m gooonnneee :) I hated wine until I tried a decent bottle then after a bit of research trying different types regions etc I have found many I like but normally stick to the $20-$30 range so that limits me to a couple a month.

And apart from beer and good wine I hate all other alcohol. I used to drink vodka so I could disguise the taste. My rule is if it’s brown its bad.

Davego what is it with pool building and bad weather?

JJJ… The radio station
No 2 JJJ hottest 100 of all time
RATM.. Killing In The Name
http://www.youtube.com/watc...

Couple of bottles per month???? How about 3 bottles per week.!! Got to help the Aussie wine industry.

#666 craig60

craig60

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:21 AM

I too am a beer, rum & wild turkey drinker. But I do love a splash of wine on the right day, thats any that end in "Y". Had a very nice Dariff from Cassella Wines the other day, Morris Brothers is also tempting, and there is proberly no better thing than coming home in summer after a day of 40 odd deg temps & sit under the air con with a glass of Cruikshanks Sparkling Shiraz, YUM YUM.

#667 Sarg

Sarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

I’m the same Beer, beer and more beer though 6 full strenghts and I’m gooonnneee :) I hated wine until I tried a decent bottle then after a bit of research trying different types regions etc I have found many I like but normally stick to the $20-$30 range so that limits me to a couple a month.

And apart from beer and good wine I hate all other alcohol. I used to drink vodka so I could disguise the taste. My rule is if it’s brown its bad.

Davego what is it with pool building and bad weather?

JJJ… The radio station
No 2 JJJ hottest 100 of all time
RATM.. Killing In The Name
http://www.youtube.com/watc…

Couple of bottles per month???? How about 3 bottles per week.!!
Got to help the Aussie wine industry.

ellimb

I'm not that cashed up, well for my tastes anyway :) Also I work mon, tues and wednesday nights and thursday night I try to go to the range so I only drink 3 nights a week. I've got to try a bottle of that Tar and Roses this weekend, if I can find it, and see whos side i'm on :)

#668 Sarg

Sarg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1441 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:33 AM

Long time no post? Drinking a bottle of this http://www.torzimatt...rdcts2010Vign42 right now. Damned fine and so easy to drink... will have to be careful ;-) Got one of the sampler cases for xmas. The olive oil and olives are first class too!! Also now living in melbourne we ducked out to http://eldridge-estate.com.au/about-us for a look. I used to read his reviews on winorama about Pinot Noir, which is his main varietal and one he excels at. Tasted the 09 PN and the 06 Shiraz they have and the Gammay. I brought a bottle of each to give a more thorough look over :) Well worth a visit if your in the area and love Pinot Noir.

#669 the_VICAR

the_VICAR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Hey Sarge.....didnt know you had moved to Antarctica !! Ist time I have visited forum for ages. Good to see post from an old forumite & still tasting a wee drop or three !! Cheers Vicar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users