668 replies to this topic

#1 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

Two arrivals to Dan Murphy's which are something to swoop on while you can (for red drinkers) over the coming few days (won't last a lot longer than that);

Cleanskin McLaren Vale 2001 Cabernets. Don't ask which producer it is from. It is every bit as good as their other $20-25 stuff, and it is going for $7.99.

And for Vic customers only, we have a $20 Hanging Rock Cab Sauv being cleared at $8.99.

Won't go into our handling of business affairs, except to say that both wines were offered to us on this basis for reasons unrelated to quality. They are the real deal at their original price points.

#2 Tinsworth

Tinsworth

If it's on the internet then it must be right.....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5673 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Feb 25 2006, 07:56 AM

Two arrivals to Dan Murphy's which are something to swoop on while you can (for red drinkers) over the coming few days (won't last a lot longer than that);
Cleanskin McLaren Vale 2001 Cabernets. Don't ask which producer it is from. It is every bit as good as their other $20-25 stuff, and it is going for $7.99.

And for Vic customers only, we have a $20 Hanging Rock Cab Sauv being cleared at $8.99.

Won't go into our handling of business affairs, except to say that both wines were offered to us on this basis for reasons unrelated to quality. They are the real deal at their original price points.

TT - Let me know when the Hanging Rock is in store at Berwick.

smile.gif

#3 _Andrew_

_Andrew_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2337 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:40 PM

Tithers,

It's no help for us Sydney guys.

#4 the_unreal_jeffrey

the_unreal_jeffrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1928 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:16 PM

Tithers,

I was also impressed with the 12 packs of James Squire (half Golden Ale, half Amber Ale) for $20. When you consider that they are $14 a six pack and $48 a slab, $20 for 12 is outstanding value.

I was just about to start a thread where people could list there bargains from everywhere, not just Dans. Do you want to rename this one instead?

#5 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3200 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Feb 25 2006, 06:56 AM

Tithers

Thanks for the heads up. I assume that is available here in QLD?

Of the Cleanksin whites that are floating around now any recommendations amongst the Cleanskins? Sauvignon Blanc man me

cheers

#6 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:25 PM

wonderful, shame there are only two Dan Murphy's in QLD that I know of and one is in Noosa and the other Toowoomba.

#7 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3200 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE: Thommo @ Feb 25 2006, 11:25 AM

wonderful, shame there are only two Dan Murphy's in QLD that I know of and one is in Noosa and the other Toowoomba.

Thommo there are three here on the Gold Coast within three kilometres of each other. One near Bond University, one the old Lonestar Tavern in Mermaid Waters and one in Nerang.

It's like being in a lollie shop.

#8 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 10:34 PM

still none in Vegas as far as I know.

I don't get to the GC much, and if I do its carport to Golf Club car park and back with no stops! Hate the place

#9 bruce

bruce

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 3200 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE: Thommo @ Feb 25 2006, 11:34 AM

still none in Vegas as far as I know.

I don't get to the GC much, and if I do its carport to Golf Club car park and back with no stops! Hate the place

I guess we will get over that

#10 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Feb 25 2006, 07:56 AM

Thanks Tithers,

Just got a couple to try first up and the Hanging Rock is terrible. Under NO circumstances should anyone near the Chelsea Heights store buy any. smile.gif

#11 scorpiochick

scorpiochick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1078 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:38 AM

I hear Judge may have fallen prey to this bargain...

Judge? What's the verdict or are you still unconscious after drinking the 16 bottles?

#12 ttitheridge

ttitheridge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5492 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE: Fyirippu @ Feb 25 2006, 08:16 AM

TT - Let me know when the Hanging Rock is in store at Berwick.

smile.gif

Nearly gone. Probably last 'til mid next week.

QUOTE: Andrew @ Feb 25 2006, 09:40 AM

Tithers,

It's no help for us Sydney guys.

The Hanging Rock is only in Vic, but the cleanskin I mentioned will be everywhere.

QUOTE: Jeffrey @ Feb 25 2006, 10:16 AM

Tithers,

I was also impressed with the 12 packs of James Squire (half Golden Ale, half Amber Ale) for $20. When you consider that they are $14 a six pack and $48 a slab, $20 for 12 is outstanding value.

I was just about to start a thread where people could list there bargains from everywhere, not just Dans. Do you want to rename this one instead?

Might as well throw all the bargains in here. More fun than the what score did you shoot thread.

With the Squire packs, some numb nuts at HQ committed to far more than we could ever hope to take. So they are staying at $19.99 for good now.

QUOTE: bruce @ Feb 25 2006, 10:53 AM

Tithers

Thanks for the heads up. I assume that is available here in QLD?

Of the Cleanksin whites that are floating around now any recommendations amongst the Cleanskins? Sauvignon Blanc man me

cheers

Cleanskin "Vin de Pays" Sauvignon Blanc. Also the Angoves Long Row Sauvignon Blanc.

QUOTE: Jerry Springer @ Feb 25 2006, 03:06 PM

Thanks Tithers,

Just got a couple to try first up and the Hanging Rock is terrible. Under NO circumstances should anyone near the Chelsea Heights store buy any. smile.gif

Sure they should. You'll never get a 100% acceptance rate amongst patrons, but the 300 cases today alone out of Melbourne stores suggests that the majority love it. Most are repeat case sales from the past few days. Certainly for the average Joe, 90% of people won't find better for under $10. Either you are the exception or you got a bad bottle.

#13 Jerry Springer

Jerry Springer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1084 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 05:53 AM

QUOTE: ttitheridge @ Feb 25 2006, 07:48 PM

Nearly gone. Probably last 'til mid next week.
The Hanging Rock is only in Vic, but the cleanskin I mentioned will be everywhere.
Might as well throw all the bargains in here. More fun than the what score did you shoot thread.

With the Squire packs, some numb nuts at HQ committed to far more than we could ever hope to take. So they are staying at $19.99 for good now.
Cleanskin "Vin de Pays" Sauvignon Blanc. Also the Angoves Long Row Sauvignon Blanc.
Sure they should. You'll never get a 100% acceptance rate amongst patrons, but the 300 cases today alone out of Melbourne stores suggests that the majority love it. Most are repeat case sales from the past few days. Certainly for the average Joe, 90% of people won't find better for under $10. Either you are the exception or you got a bad bottle.

Tithers, I think you missed the point of my post completely.

BTW, the clean skin is even worse AVOID IT... Please

#14 Schanck

Schanck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE: Jerry Springer @ Feb 25 2006, 07:53 PM

Tithers, I think you missed the point of my post completely.

BTW, the clean skin is even worse AVOID IT... Please

Jerry

You and I both know that you should stick to the 28, 128, 138 or 389 no matter what!

there are still some 2002 138 at the Prahran store

I'm happy to double the $ as the wife doesn't drink ... all the more for me tongue.gif

Schanck biggrin.gif

#15 Moe

Moe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7146 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 06:25 AM

don't be selfish mr springer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users