RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11269 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:20 AM

Rosanna isn’t easy Rob, some tough long holes hiding there

Incoming Golf Balls have the right of way!

Spartan, not bothererd by the long holes. They just make your short game better

#47 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39883 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

Rob – leave it with me – my mate Danny who is a member there (and has played in a couple of our days) is overseas at the moment – he will be back early July and I will try to tee something up for us.

It looks like you, me, Benny, Lefty, Shaynos and Saraf at the moment with some interest.

Smoldy.
Accept no substitute.

Ok gents - Danny back in town, and I'll be catching up with him on Thursday to see what we can arrange.

#48 Smergen

Smergen

Green Egg Goat Smuggla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12437 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Rob – leave it with me – my mate Danny who is a member there (and has played in a couple of our days) is overseas at the moment – he will be back early July and I will try to tee something up for us.

It looks like you, me, Benny, Lefty, Shaynos and Saraf at the moment with some interest.

Smoldy.
Accept no substitute.

Ok gents – Danny back in town, and I’ll be catching up with him on Thursday to see what we can arrange.

Smoldy.
Accept no substitute.

Channel September/October Goldstein.... you know it makes sense.

#49 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39883 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

Only problem mate is that the half price joining fee finishes in September. And I actually want to see it in the middle of Winter...I know how good it is in Spring and Summer, I would like to see how it holds up to the wet weather. Everything I hear tells me it's ok - it's pretty flat - so no real low lying areas for the water to gather, and I know it drains better than it's neighbour, Heidelberg. So I reckon...bring it...I want to see what the worst of it is, and if it's okay given the weather we've had this year, that'll be a pretty good start. Having said that, I'm still probably 4 years away from being able to consider it...when the eldest daughter finishes high school and I'm back to one set of school fees.

#50 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11269 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

Im with you Golden Middle of winter is a good time, you then see it at its worst Let me know a date and ill be there

#51 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39883 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

Will do mate.

#52 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:43 AM

Will do mate.

Smoldy.
Accept no substitute.

Great post Goldy, telling it like it is!

#53 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

#POTY

#54 Stinkler

Stinkler

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25183 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Whoops, sorry, wrong forum.

#55 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3116 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:56 AM

Hey Rob have you joined a club yet? I'm in Ringwood myself so agonizing over where to join, have you had a look at Eastern GC at all? I know they are relocating but its not that far out to the Yarra Valley and their plans are pretty impressive.

#56 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11269 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

Tiger, i played Rosanna yesterday and was very impressed. Am ringing them today to get more details. I have played Eastern a couple of times. Its ok not great. There new course should be good Yerring Meadows is a great course, but it isnt very friendly. A lot of sneaky water which is ****. Very wet at the moment. A few holes closed. Chirnside parks new course is looking good. Could be an option. But the course they are at at the moment is down to 9 ordinary holes.

#57 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3116 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

Let me know how you go Rob, the subs don't look too bad its the joining fee that scares me off.

#58 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39883 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:08 PM

Tigerblood - it's half the fee until September - still about $1430 (I think), but a lot more attractive than $3K.

#59 Tigerblood

Tigerblood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3116 posts
  • LocationRingwood East

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Jeez I was just about sold on an introductory membership but that offer is very tempting. Spoke to Beth in the office, she said in her 12 years there that's the first time they have had discounted joining fees. Course looks stunning in the photo's, what practice facilities do the have there Rob? Grassed up driving range? Seriously thinking of booking a round with a Director so I can join

#60 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • 39883 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

I played there with Rob yesterday - quite seriously, it had no right to be in as good a shape as we found it, given the weather we've had. Driving range is limited to shots under 175m, but there are also nets. Grass and mats for range. I'd join, but 2 kids at high school means other things get priority.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users