3 replies to this topic

#1 duke750

duke750

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 06:51 PM

I wonder if anybody out there can give me info on my putter. I inherited it from a (deceased) relative. It's an Archie Keane "Tailor-made" Live Power stainless steel blade putter. Lovely feel to it. It is very old, and the shaft is totally devoid of chrome (or whatever the shiny stuff is). I believe that these may have been made by or sold thru PGA Australia.

The only reference I have been able to find is on a golf club collectors site, but that site doesn't have any details.

Any info?

• gosfordpodiatry likes this

#2 gosfordpodiatry

gosfordpodiatry

Suspect

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

Hi there Archie Keane was my great uncle. He was a professional golfer at Cammeray Golf Club in Sydney in the 1930s. He had a golf shop in 63a Military Road Neutral Bay opposite the tram depot near the Oaks Hotel north of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Archie lived in his mothers large home at 2 Sutherland St Cremorne which was the initial clubhouse until the golf club was built. My great grandmother catered for the golfers and ran a soup kitchen for the underprivileged. I believe there were 6 poker machines in the lounge room! I dont have any other info regarding your putter but I thought I would share a little bit of history with you. Warmest Regards Sharon Crowther

• GhettoGolfer, iRON MiCK, madness and 1 other like this

#3 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38386 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

Duke's gonna be stoked.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#4 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13962 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

Duke's gonna be stoked.

I think Duke is playing golf with Archie these days.

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users