17 replies to this topic

#16 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1123 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Tried the new TM TP on the weekend and found it played really well on all types of different shots. Hit it 20 + further on acouple of drives and carried it over hills that I usually don't !
Can't say it went much longer than normal but enjoyed the feel and gain on some shots.
Jon...

Careful Jon, you’ll have the narcs out in force with comments like ‘20 +’!
  • hack2489 likes this
Driver: TaylorMade 2018 M3 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI6s
3 Wood: TaylorMade 2018 M4 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI7s
Irons: 2 iron: Mizuno MPH-4 +.5”, 2* upright, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI8s; 4-PW Mizuno MPH-4 + .5”, 2* upright, Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff.
Wedges: 52*, 56* & 60* Indi Stingraywith KBS Tour 120 Stiff shafts.
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport M2 with Super Stroke Fatso grip
Ball: Titleist Pro V1

#17 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1506 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

for anyone looking for a cheaper ball I highly recomend srixon soft feel, it's long and straight, feels soft off the clubface and checks on greens, does not gave the same spin on short shots around the greens and is impacted by shots into the wind but in general is a very good cheap alternative.

Interesting that's your feedback.

I tested the Srixon Ultisoft at one stage against the Pro V1 and V1x. I found the same feeling, feedback as you describe... Soft, stopping ok, ok around greens, but, yes impacted by wind, even slightest headwind and it seemed to stall in the air...

On a number of drives, it was consistently shorter by 5 - 10m, so meant at least one, sometimes two club extra into a green, which I think also impacted stopping distance.

I was a fairly straight ball though, as over a number of test rounds, shots, it didn't seem to go as far off course left (draw, pull hook) or right (fade, push slice) for me.

#18 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5760 posts

Posted Today, 05:39 AM

The question for me is - how does the thinner cover stand up to the normal wear and tear or does it require replacement more often than previous models?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

koiom K. Asterisk*