18 replies to this topic

#16 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2654 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:58 PM

There was talk of a fourth and fifth course on the rolling dunes to the west of Moonah and Ocean/Gunnamatta. That was voted down a number of years ago and all quiet since. I have no inside knowledge and just going off publicly disclosed released. But I think the focus will be a fifth course in the city....let’s see if Huntingdale gets up on both sides of the fence. If not Huntingdale....then who?

I am interested to know what the feeling is around Long Island. So much talk of flogging that to developers over the past 5 years since the merger was announced. Obviously Nash needs to wait for the agreed period to expire. But with Kingswood now where it is.....plan A of flogging it in a few years time might be totally off. I don’t know my city councils down there, but watch this space on Rossdale too.....and we can leave the noise on the Rossdale issue to the other thread.

The Nash are still in a conversation with the owners of the 400 acres to the west of the courses and given enough time it will happen. Possibly two more courses at the one site :)

I would almost bet alot of money that Huntingdale will have an eleventh hour donation from one of their more affluent members and that will save the day ?

Kingswood will go ahead, it's all about getting the right amount of development on the site that the council will be happy with. Not so sure about the Keysie proposal going ahead.

Peninsula currently talking to acouple of city venues !

And I agree, leave the RGC thingy in the trash can.

Found out the other day that the only sand-belt course that has a full residential zoning for their property, is Yarra Yarra ! Would be worth more than all the rest put together atm ?

Jon...  

#17 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2654 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:01 PM

I’m currently holidaying in Sorrento and played the Moonah course on Thursday; it is the second time I’ve played it. I would say that it is probably among the top 3 courses I’ve played in terms of challenge, enjoyment, conditioning and after-game facilities. If I lived down here I would join The National in a heartbeat.

If you get a chance go play Peninsula and then we'll talk.

Jon...

#18 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1594 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Jon...

At the moment I’m getting north in the top 15-20 after 3 visits and will get better, have not played south yet. Waiting till that’s complete before giving it a go.
The site is brilliant there.

#19 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1118 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:12 PM

Jon...

Sorry Jon, today is our last day; however we’re back in February so I’ll try and have a hit at Peninsula then. From the images on their website it looks pretty impressive.
Driver: TaylorMade 2018 M3 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI6s
3 Wood: TaylorMade 2018 M4 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI7s
Irons: 2-PW: Mizuno MPH-4 +.5”, 2* upright, 2 iron: Graphite Design Tour AD-DI8s; 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff.
Wedges: 52* Mizuno MP-R12; 56* & 60* Indi Stingraywith KBS Tour 120 Stiff shafts.
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport M2 with Super Stroke Fatso grip
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users