12 replies to this topic

#1 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

I bought this full set of Clubs from Drummond Golf almost 20 months ago. I have upgraded my golf set.

Driver, 3 wood, 22 degree hybrid, 4 Iron to Sand Wedge. The iron shafts are 1/2 inch longer than standard. PW and SW are 9 iron length. Good condition.

Bag and putter included, asking $550.

#2 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24011 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 06:38 AM

I bought this full set of Clubs from Drummond Golf almost 20 months ago. I have upgraded my golf set.

Driver, 3 wood, 22 degree hybrid, 4 Iron to Sand Wedge. The iron shafts are 1/2 inch longer than standard. PW and SW are 9 iron length. Good condition.

Bag and putter included, asking $550.

Drummond’s are a rip off for shite gear
You won’t sell these at this price.
Try asking for $100 -$150
Half the Trentham dream team

#3 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:10 AM

Drummonds offer a range of golf sets from $400 through to $1300. Then there is the premium level golf clubs. The Power Bilt set were about $1150 and for most learners more than adequate.

Luckily I don't really need to or want to sell these clubs, so I won't be giving them away for $150. I  am just keeping the wife happy by offering them for sale.

If I can help out someone starting out like I was 18 months or so ago, I would part with them. For now , they are serving as my visitor clubs and I will take them with me when we caravan.

BTW I have a 52 and 60 degree wedge that I would toss in to sweeten the deal.

#4 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24011 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:26 PM

The Power Bilt set were about $1150 and for most learners more than adequate.

Thanks for confirming Drummond’s ripped you off
“About $1150” for powerbuilt is waaaay over priced.
Cheap end gear at top end prices

#5 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:52 AM

I understand where you are coming from. I tried a set of cheap Callaways and Wilson Staff at a slightly higher price, but preferred the feel of the Power Bilt. The clubs got me from a 28 handicap to a 20 handicap. Funny how they perform better now than they did when I first bought them! Even thinking of hitting a high draw 200 m with the driver then was a pipe dream!

Power Bilt make a range of clubs too, from low end to better quality. Like all things made in China, they build them to the specifications supplied.

Retailers usual mark up is 100% or more. Drummonds provided a service and they gave me honest advice. They could have tried to up sell me to premium brands ( $3000+), but that would have been unscrupulous sales pressure. At the time I was uninformed about what I needed to get started and whether or not I was going to persist with the game. Sure I could have sourced clubs second hand that were better quality for $1000, but I didn't know how/where to do so. Plus clubs have a finite life span before they wear out. Is is better to buy a set of clubs say 4 years old that has been used three times a week, or a new set from a golf store outlet? 

You are right about wasting my time advertising on this site. I doubt many beginners are on here, but someone might know of a learner that needs some clubs. BTW I turned down a an offer of $350 last week.

• Weetbix likes this

#6 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20739 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 24 January 2019 - 10:30 AM

Power Bilt make a range of clubs too, from low end to better quality. Like all things made in China, they build them to the specifications supplied.

Retailers usual mark up is 100% or more. Drummonds provided a service and they gave me honest advice. They could have tried to up sell me to premium brands ( $3000+), but that would have been unscrupulous sales pressure.

Drummonds will always recommend you try a brand like Powerbilt, they make 40% plus margin on them.

With the premium brands after they usually have to price match they are lucky to make 25%.

I don’t blame Drummonds for this, they are a business.

They have KPIs they have to meet and margin is one of their main ones.

Don’t be fooled that they were being honest by not trying to sell you into a more expensive premium brand.

Edited by Fill the Dill, 24 January 2019 - 10:33 AM.

• koiom K. Asterisk* likes this

#7 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15105 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:27 PM

I played with a 6 handicapper a couple of months ago who had Power-built Clubs. He hit them OK. Good enough to break 80.

18.4 by the end of 2019  - 3.6 to go

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#8 Old Poppy

Old Poppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5760 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

I'm interested in the PW and SW being one inch longer than standard. That's different, got to be worth a few extra $$.
Mate, keep the set in case your handicap goes back out. Every self respecting golfer needs a few sets to fall back on. Having a replacement in the wings seems to give a new set incentive to do the right thing. Did you know that a new set becomes an old set after 27 rounds. That is the time to bring out the Powers. That wedge and sandy are a worry though.

Edited by Old Poppy, 24 January 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#9 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24011 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:46 PM

I understand where you are coming from. I tried a set of cheap Callaways and Wilson Staff at a slightly higher price, but preferred the feel of the Power Bilt. The clubs got me from a 28 handicap to a 20 handicap. Funny how they perform better now than they did when I first bought them! Even thinking of hitting a high draw 200 m with the driver then was a pipe dream!

Retailers usual mark up is 100% or more. Drummonds provided a service and they gave me honest advice. They could have tried to up sell me to premium brands ( $3000+), but that would have been unscrupulous sales pressure. At the time I was uninformed about what I needed to get started and whether or not I was going to persist with the game. Sure I could have sourced clubs second hand that were better quality for $1000, but I didn't know how/where to do so. Plus clubs have a finite life span before they wear out. Is is better to buy a set of clubs say 4 years old that has been used three times a week, or a new set from a golf store outlet?

You are right about wasting my time advertising on this site. I doubt many beginners are on here, but someone might know of a learner that needs some clubs. BTW I turned down a an offer of $350 last week.

Stick them on Oz golf mate. Thier gear moves waaay quicker than this place.
You should have taken the 3 fitty. Good luck with it.

Edited by Kiwi, 24 January 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#10 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24011 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:48 PM

I played with a 6 handicapper a couple of months ago who had Power-built Clubs. He hit them OK. Good enough to break 80.

You can comment when you play both 9’s
  • iRON MiCK and koiom K. Asterisk* like this

#11 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:16 PM

Ha Ha . I played with a medico once who told the same joke. When asked how many shots per round he shot , he replied 80. Then he added that he doubled that if he played the other 9 holes. He wasn't kidding!

BTW I sold them today for $450. The bloke didn't want the 52/60 and putter, so I guess I can flog them off later.

• Kiwi, Weetbix and iRON MiCK like this

#12 xrman1954

xrman1954

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 04:17 PM

SOLD

#13 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect