899 replies to this topic

#796 Kiwi

Kiwi

Wholly Awesomeness

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24013 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

It’d take about three minutes for ASIC to prove fiduciary responsibilities were not discharged by the directors if this info on loans and personal benefits were true.

You may need to break that down into smaller words snappy.
Half the Trentham dream team

#797 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:25 PM

Board do bad. They go to court.
  • Goldy, koiom K. Asterisk*, Fill the Dill and 1 other like this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#798 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8759 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

Board do bad. They go to court.

Reckon Spade has dug a big enough hole for the entire board to fit in....say no more

VTTP 006

Miracle

#799 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20739 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:37 PM

Speaking of smaller.

Hi.
  • Goldy and Snappy McSnapperton like this

#800 Spade

Spade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:42 PM

And I'm still waiting for Spade to provide a single document to prove that the Capital move is anything other than a myth.

As for Rossdale, who has preferred lies in January ? The Keysie fairways are like very expensive carpet. Last Thursday's Pro Am saw it in absolutely perfect condition, far above many sand belt courses such as Kingston Heath.

Rossdale is dead and Spade is spreading a story.

A few years ago some members tipped in money to keep the club going and these loans are listed on the tragic balance sheet.

I wonder what security is behind these loans.

When the club fails within the next 9 months what will be the position of these generous people ?

Could they be entitled to the land or part thereof ?

Are any of the current BoM the money lenders ?

Is Spade (actually the club captain would you believe) one of the lenders ?

Did any of the money lenders vote for the mythical Capital motion without declaring their interest.

I wonder how familiar the BoM are with the Corporations Act !

This is destined to end in tears.

Not the Club Captain .. sorry to disappoint.
Some very bitter posters on here. The Dill, Pegasus , Kokhead Kiwi to mention a few.
You are all keyboard warriors who can’t hold their tongues & fingers.
Patience my dear followers

#801 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:47 PM

You may need to break that down into kiwi size words snappy.

• Kiwi and Fill the Dill like this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

#802 Fill the Dill

Fill the Dill

Mong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20739 posts
  • Location#teamgrank

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Looks like we have found a whole new level of retardedness, move over, Rusty.
  • Kiwi, Goldy and Lukos87 like this

#803 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9363 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:01 PM

This from Kingston Central Ward Councilor Rosemary West's FB page....

6. Rossdale Golf Club still considers they don’t have enough members to be viable and at a meeting last Monday night, 90% of the 300-plus members who attended voted to authorise the Board to negotiate the sale of the course to a developer who thinks he can arrange for the Club to be given Capital Golf Course and tens of $millions in exchange for the Rossdale course. The developer apparently believes that Crown can be persuaded to join in a new golf course venture on King Island, whence they apparently plan to fly their future high rollers.

I was told by one of the 3 people who voted against the motion that members were not informed about council’s golf course policy to reinforce the Special Use Zone (schedule 1) that prohibits other than golf-related uses on this and the other 10 courses in Kingston. 
I was also told that if the Capitol deal falls over, the Club will then try to sell off another 3,600 sq m, but this too would be prevented by council’s policy to reinforce the SUZ1.
Council recently voted to refuse an application by the Australian Super Property Trust to develop the Kingswood Golf Course on the same grounds, after 8000 objections from residents.

The Kingswood decision rested on the Kingston Golf Course Policy and on the strong Special Use Zone (schedule 1): this would/should also stop any subdivision or development other than golf on Rossdale: The link to SUZ is:http://planning-sche...mes/…/37_01.pdf
The link to Schedule 1 of the SUZ is: http://planningschem...inance/37_01s0…
If you email me to ask, I can send you Mark Dreyfus’s excellent submission to the Kingswood application. State MLA Martin Pakula submitted along similar lines: powerful precedents that the Rossdale board should not expect any support from the Government in overturning a Council refusal. 
It’s hard to see how this has gone so far without anyone from the golf club talking to Council,
though apparently some Councillors (Crs Gledhill and Bearsley) have been contacted. Also disappointing as the current Board was elected with the ” number one objective … to avoid any scenario that involves a full or part sale of our club” according to a 2016 letter from one director, who then said: “We believe the best outcome for our members, and the local community, is to retain Rossdale at Aspendale. “

Depending on what the Club is trying to achieve and on whether the Capitol deal falls over, a couple of suggestions might be:
a. If they are losing money and feel they can’t afford to continue as an independent private club, they could give or lease the land to Council.
· Council could then run the golf course as a public golf course, employ a pro, pay for maintenance etc, as we did for the Kingston Public Golf Course on Moorabbin Airport.
· The Club could run the Clubhouse and various club activities. 
This is similar to the arrangement Beaconhills Country Golf Club has with Casey Council, after the club got into financial difficulties.

b. If they need to deal with any other entity, they could/should talk to Council before getting themselves into a worse pickle by making some deal STCA (subject to Council approval) that will not go ahead because Council will not provide approval for development. Particularly since we allowed Rossdale to rezone and sell the Sixth Avenue land to get out of their financial difficulties (prior to council’s adoption of the attached Golf Course policy) on their commitment that they would not need to ask doe any more rezoning.

Spade

perhaps you can enlighten us on how the negotiations with council are going.

As reported on this thread their decision to not allow land development at Edithvale seems to be the key ingredient to whole deal.

council block development of site

developer doesnt buy land

Rossdale dont get money from land sale

Rossdale doesnt have money to buy Capital

Rossdale struggle to survive.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#804 Spade

Spade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:11 PM

Spade
perhaps you can enlighten us on how the negotiations with council are going.
As reported on this thread their decision to not allow land development at Edithvale seems to be the key ingredient to whole deal.

Not sure , we RGC not Kingswood. You better check with them

#805 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9363 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:25 PM

Not sure , we RGC not Kingswood. You better check with them

Spade

I am checking with you because

Please read the article again it clearly says 

quote: 1

The Kingswood decision rested on the Kingston Golf Course Policy and on the strong Special Use Zone (schedule 1): this would/should also stop any subdivision or development other than golf on Rossdale: The link to SUZ is:http://planning-sche...mes/…/37_01.pdf

quote 2

State MLA Martin Pakula submitted along similar lines: powerful precedents that the Rossdale board should not expect any support from the Government in overturning a Council refusal. 

would you agree that council decision holds key to this whole outcome. Y or N

I just asked have you had any luck in negotiations with the council or state MP's. Yes or No

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#806 Forrest Gardener

Forrest Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • LocationCairns

Posted 23 January 2019 - 09:51 PM

There are of course two steps before council can block development. First is to find a developer. Second is for the developer to make an application.

Time is against the plan. Unless someone gets a wriggle on Rossdale is more likely to be forced to seek emergency assistance or vacate their site.

Titleist Performance Institute Certified

forrestgardener.wordpress.com
Golflink

#807 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8759 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:18 PM

Not the Club Captain .. sorry to disappoint.
Some very bitter posters on here. The Dill, Pegasus , Kokhead Kiwi to mention a few.
You are all keyboard warriors who can’t hold their tongues & fingers.
Patience my dear followers

Oh precious really...
You are the one digging a very large hole and either refusing or being incapable of answering some really straight forward questions...
Wake up to yourself and look at the longterm damage you are doing to both clubs in this instance.... or maybe just put your head in the sand and hope that it will all be better when you pull it out...
  • Forrest Gardener likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#808 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18285 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 24 January 2019 - 03:27 AM

Yet again the Spud can't answer simple questions put to him.

It seems like I'm hitting the ball out of the park every time I post.

Generally, criminals are not known for their intelligence. Is the whole Rossdale saga actually a plan to get control of the land by some not too bright locals.

I'm actually looking forward to the club's demise so we can see the next part of the saga. As Spud says, be patient.

who would want to be on Rossdale's BoM ? Not sure if D&O liability insurance covers people being stupid or not. I'm sure it doesn't cover criminal behaviour.
Shanklink

OOM Tour
I am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide Tour
Winner 2017 Keysborough Invitational

Choppers Tour
Winner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at Sunshine
Winner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#809 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14434 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:27 AM

Yet again the Spud can't answer simple questions put to him.

It seems like I'm hitting the ball out of the park every time I post.

Generally, criminals are not known for their intelligence. Is the whole Rossdale saga actually a plan to get control of the land by some not too bright locals.

I'm actually looking forward to the club's demise so we can see the next part of the saga. As Spud says, be patient.

who would want to be on Rossdale's BoM ? Not sure if D&O liability insurance covers people being stupid or not. I'm sure it doesn't cover criminal behaviour.

Geezuz Moulds... were you up all night out of concern for Spades plight??  You're a caring fellow. ^_^

• CaNadiAn MiCk and Bluethunda like this

The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
2018 ISG National Champs Top 10 Finish & 4BBB Champion with Weetie.  

Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

#teamgrank devotee

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#810 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4719 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:44 AM

One of the people I spoke to on the weekend suggested that it was their understanding that the Capital negotiation would take up to 5 years.  There is a small section of land over which the developer they are currently in a relationship with has first option.  It was their understanding that this small section of land would be sold within the next 10 months to stave off the end and to allow the negotiation with Capital to go forward.  From recall, this understanding doesn't seem to have been reflected in the resolution that was voted on before Christmas so the member might have misunderstood, but it certainly would at least be practically achievable given the 10 month timeline that was flagged.

• CaNadiAn MiCk and Forrest Gardener like this

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users