3 replies to this topic

#1 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1889 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 03:30 PM

I can access  this in digital form on Phone and Tablet . However getting this version of the Rules on a PC is proving difficult.

I have downloaded the full edition okay to my PC..

The 160 page hard copy Player's Edition seems to be currently unavailable for download to a PC.

Am I missing something?

Can somebody provide a link?  

I do not have DROPBOX, by the way.

#2 AAA

AAA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:10 PM

I have downloaded the full edition okay to my PC..

Where did you download this from?

#3 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1889 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:15 AM

Where did you download this from?

I should have qualified my statement. This is a Proof Copy without diagrams. Which is a pity.  The wording seems consistent with the final printed version however.

It is not from R and A  / USGA.

They seem reluctant to make a digital version  of either Edition.available now. 

I am communicating with members of my Club in a regular Newsletter. I like to reference The Player's Edition. I can use material from the R and A  and USGA on the new Rules. That is great. I do select material from that. 

Things I have used include finding Nearest Point of Relief.

The Ruling Bodies releases are limiting, too 

I can't cut and paste a reference from The New Rules. I don't want to spend a lot of time typing two fingers so I use the Proof Copy material and provide the Player's Edition references.

We have some long running issues that are Not part of the changes with videos and diagrams. Many players have little idea. It definitely results in wrong scores being returned and ongoing  mistakes being made.  

My topic for the current Newsletter  is Responsibilities of Markers and Players. Attention drawn to the limited responsibility of Markers and the broader responsibility of all Players to protect other players in the stroke competition. (See 2019,  20.1c clause 2. re the broader responsibility). 

Here is the digital Proof copy reference. 

http://tdgagolf.org/...lf for 2019.pdf

Sorry to mislead you. 

• Madam likes this

#4 AAA

AAA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3083 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the link. As it happens I had already got that pdf from the R&A in April.

Edited by AAA, 25 September 2018 - 05:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users