6 replies to this topic

#1 chokea

chokea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 03:50 PM

Im looking for info on what the benefits will be of Golf Aus taking over all the state bodies

#2 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14625 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

Im looking for info on what the benefits will be of Golf Aus taking over all the state bodies

A few apparent things such has eliminating tripilcation or some services by centralising the resources. Improved reasource allocations for items such as marketing, grow game, etc

Two states holding off which are Nsw and WA. NSW has great cash reserves.

http://www.golfindus...-with-one-golf/

Time will tell but should be a good thing such as when men and women organisation merged and junior golf orgsnamalgamted with states.

Won’t happen overnight

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#3 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24179 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 17 August 2018 - 11:49 AM

The benefits would be great.

But too many golf aficionados would lose their cushy jobs, so they'll put a stop to it.

It costs every golf club member around $100 p.a. for the overheads of affiliation over multiple levels, yet golflink (the only really useful part) is about $2 and some would have basic insurance cover.

How much better off would all those struggling clubs be if they could keep $80 out of the $100? Do we actually need glossy magazines? Why can't sponsors cover the costs of elite events, junior coaching, etc.?

Golflink

Olinda Golf Club

Warragul Country Club

People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

#4 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14625 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 06:41 PM

The benefits would be great.
But too many golf aficionados would lose their cushy jobs, so they'll put a stop to it.

It costs every golf club member around $100 p.a. for the overheads of affiliation over multiple levels, yet golflink (the only really useful part) is about $2 and some would have basic insurance cover.

How much better off would all those struggling clubs be if they could keep $80 out of the $100? Do we actually need glossy magazines? Why can't sponsors cover the costs of elite events, junior coaching, etc.?

just more money for them to piss away! Need more of a communist/dictator type approach to fix this industry.
  • OldBogey likes this

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#5 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3249 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:37 PM

I doubt it will save club golfers any money, any savings will likely go to elite golf or more staff if they run true to form.

My worry is GA has historically not cared a lot about clubs and now the VGA people are GA staff will services to clubs stay at the same level.

#6 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14625 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:13 PM

I doubt it will save club golfers any money, any savings will likely go to elite golf or more staff if they run true to form.

My worry is GA has historically not cared a lot about clubs and now the VGA people are GA staff will services to clubs stay at the same level.

Why should it save club golfers money?

It was not technically GA place to assist clubs, GA members are/were the states.

Districts and state bodies are the ones that were supposed to be helping as club level. This new structure will eliminate all the duplicity/triplicity and allow more resources on the ground from what Im  hearing.

There are heaps of resources available to clubs but clubs need to help themselves as well and want to make the change at club level that will make a difference. 

Boards are generally the problem!

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#7 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3249 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 07:25 PM

The points aren’t really related.

If there is an economy of scale /savings from reducing a layer in my view it ought to passed back in club golfers via reduced affiliation fees, but of course it won’t they wil find a way to waste/ spend it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users