Photo

Isg N S W L4G/ Paul Jordison Memorial Game W B T Round 4 Tuesday September 18 Long Reef Golf Club

• Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#301 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14602 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 08:52 AM

Another spectacular day greeted the players for the 3rd annual Paul Jordison Memorial game held at Long Reef GC on the Northern Beaches of Sydney.

23 players including one ISG newbie and 6 visitors took to the tee, but beforehand there was the obligatory moments silence followed by the downing of a shot of Vanilla Vodka or Jim Beam Black to celebrate PJ's birthday.

Chris once again came along to support us, as we support her, and watch the day unfold. I'm led to believe that the trip down to the course with Blacksnake was something to behold, as Blacksnake's "thingy that tells me where to go" sent them all over the North side before finally delivering them to the course.

Play got underway on the shortened par 5 first hole with many catching the creek that crossed the fairway, all somehow bouncing out and over the other side. Out of bounds all along the right side saw nearly everyone steer clear, except for Madam who duly loaded up another ball. Wise cracks flew thick and fast but it came to bite one wag on the arse as he hit not one, not two but three balls out of bounds from the tee...what a chopper!!

Whilst the sun was shining the wind slowly built up during the round which made for some very wide fades and draws, depending on which way you were facing, luckily Long Reef being a links style course, gave everyone plenty of room to spray their shots.

Blacksnake was on fire early, paring the first 2 holes to be on 7pts...there endeth the lesson as he could only muster another 15 over the next 16 holes. Another looking the goods was Francie, who eagled the par 4 3rd hole with a top shot into the green that took one bounce and then straight into the cup! He scored Blacksnakes total result of 22pts on his first 9 holes. Standing on the 10th tee he decided it was time for him to use TLTB2, A 153m uphill par 3 playing straight into the breeze...this was to be a decision he would rue for the rest of his round as the triple bogey 6 set up the rest of the 2nd nine for him with 12pts.

Unfortunately, injury took it's toll on perennial favourite, 2Putts and he was forced to pull out after the 8th hole. We hope we see you back with us when you are feeling better mate...after all, we need our wind gauge.

The "Course Marshal" was forced into action at the 13th hole as the group ahead of him had lost, oooh Id say about 2 days,  to the group in front! They soon made haste after the razzing. Still, it was only a 4hr 30 round for the last 2 groups, with the first group of 3 flying in 3hr 40min.

Most of the group made their way back to Birdie Killers for the presentation and another sumptuous feast as well as the opening of his wine cellar. Ever a gracious man, BK rejected any payment that had been taken for covering the dinner costs, so with PJ's mum giving us a generous amount to use on the day, a couple of fancy red wines were purchased and presented to him as thanks. Apparently all NSW ISG games are now going to be played within 20mins of his place.

So the presentation got underway, no prizes down the line, only the Shield, WBT and SOI NTP's at this event. Madam took home the ISG Members NTP and Blacksnake couldn't have been happier.."is Madam flying back to QLD" he asked, he was..."Great, hope he is ready for excess baggage charges" as he was presented with his super heavy cooking pot.

Vistor's NTP was taken out by Long Reef member Dale Ronald...looks like something else has gone wondering form Mrs Blacksnakes kitchen as she was presented with some part from a food blender.

We rolled through the placings and as visitors cannot win major items, we applauded Dave Ronald's 40pts...home ground advantage showing through there. In 2nd place and taking home the WBT at his 2nd successive event, and defending it from last years PJ day was Schmuck. This means he has 2 spots in the COC event at The Springs later in the year and wasn't he happy about that..."can't wait to get there" I think I heard him say.

Finally it came time to announce the winner of the PJ Memorial Shield and fittingly it went to our host Birdie Killer. He was ecstatic yet emotional at the same time as he struggle to put into word what this meant to him. PJ would be pleased mate.

The presentation wrapped up with the cutting of an amazing cake supplied by Chris, with pictures of the original ISG NSW crew and others from previous events, truly a masterpiece.

Then it was on to the wine...well for those not driving at least.

Special thanks go to Mr & Mrs Birdie Killer for having the rabble at their place for a second time in less than a year, going above and beyond, those that traveled just to play, Francie from Melbourne, Madam from the Gold Coast, Pegasus and PMG001 from drought ravaged Coonabarabran, as well as our newbie ISG member pyl and the rest of the visitors who we hope will play with us again.

As for my game, well I'll put it down as a lost opportunity. Suffice to say, once the tears have stopped I'll describe it in my "Desperately Unlucky" thread. Thanks to Francie, Blacksnake and Francies mate "BarnEy" for the company and laughs around the course, loved every minute...well maybe not the last 30 mins ;)

Cheers all

Cpt BarnEsy05

BK is nice enough to bring up by fabulous NTP prize next week by car.  Ill give him a random address to leave it at me thinks!

• BarnEsy05 likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#302 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31823 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:31 AM

BK is nice enough to bring up by fabulous NTP prize next week by car.  Ill give him a random address to leave it at me thinks!

Give him Ricko's   :lol:  :lol:

A

DON'T LET THE BLACK DOG WIN...

HELP IS OUT THERE

5 Time ISG NSW WBT Winner

2013 ISG NSW WBT COC Runner Up

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2nd ISG NSW Life Member Inductee...Got Had a Jacket to Prove It

2012 ISG National Championships...Inaugural Supreme Putting Champion

2013 ISG National Championships...3rd Place 2nd Round - Moonah Links

2013 ISG National Championships...13th place...now that's desperately unlucky

2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2015 ISG National Championships...21st place...that's farked

2016 ISG National Championships...waaaaay down the list.

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Yarra Yarra Satellite Game 

2016 ISG National Championships...2nd place Huntingdale Satellite Game

2016 ISG National Championships...Captain of winning NSW Team, SOO

2017 ISG National Championships...12th place...heading in the right direction

2017 ISG National Championships...Winner The Lakes Satellite Game 43pts

2013 Brass Yacht Winner (Inaugural)

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2015 Brass Yacht Runner-up

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

2017 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE

2017 ISG NATIONALS ROUND 2 RIVERSIDE OAKS 17TH HOLE BUNGOOL COURSE FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY (SHOTGUN START)

Life Motto: "If it's free, it's for me!"

Team Live4BarnEsy...forever undefeated angel-2-smiley-emoticon.gif

Desperately Unlucky ©

#303 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14602 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

Give him Ricko's   :lol:  :lol:

No wonder you are the Captain!  great idea;)

• BarnEsy05 likes this

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#304 blacksnake

blacksnake

BS.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2853 posts
  • Locationa hole in the ground .

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

I will be very disappointed if you do that.

As it takes many hours of thought and workmanship to design and build my NTP trophies in the SOI.

Say No More.

BS. :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• BarnEsy05, Francie and Mr Potato Head like this

#305 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14602 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:34 AM

Hours you will never get back!  I will accept trophy graciously;)

• BarnEsy05 likes this

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#306 Mr Potato Head

Mr Potato Head

Non-Playing Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1271 posts
  • LocationOff the back foot

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

As it takes many hours of thought and workmanship to design and build my NTP trophies in the SOI.

Say No More.

The Salvador Dali of ISG !

He will be appreciated long into the future...

• BarnEsy05 and blacksnake like this

Country golfer on a City course.

I'm good, but no-one seems to care.

Now I find out a French au-pair is NOT a breed of goat!

French Doctors though? not on Nauru!

Is it really your ABC?

#307 blacksnake

blacksnake

BS.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2853 posts
  • Locationa hole in the ground .

Posted 24 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

I can not add any more than what has already been written about the golf and BBQ .

Say No More.

BS. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• BarnEsy05, Madam, Francie and 2 others like this

#308 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • 31823 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 25 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Donation to PJ's Beyond Blue page complete.

Thanks again all.

• Commish, Madam, blacksnake and 4 others like this

A

HELP IS OUT THERE

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2014 ISG National Championships...13th place...no other golfer could be that desperately unlucky 2 years in a row!

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

2017 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE

2017 ISG NATIONALS ROUND 2 RIVERSIDE OAKS 17TH HOLE BUNGOOL COURSE FIRST SHOT OF THE DAY (SHOTGUN START)

Desperately Unlucky ©

#309 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

Donation to PJ's Beyond Blue page complete.

Thanks again all.

Love you all xxx

• lucidair, BarnEsy05, Madam and 2 others like this

#310 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:24 PM

I have not posted my thanks previousy as I was at a loss as to what to say, perfect in my head transferring it into words here not so perfect :-)

Firstly, thanks to JB for organising this day each year xx

BS thank you for taking me to and from Long Reef.  I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and conversation.  I hope you have dispensed with that voice in your car that told lies :-) Enjoy your little jaunt with the family xx

Thank you BarnEsy05, Qinghai Beast, Birdie Killer, Robin Conway, Ross McNicol, David Ronald, Dale Ronald, Francie, Schmuck, RedNeckBob. Michael "Father" Mulcahy, RedNeckBob, John "Steve" McQueen, Pegasus, PMG, 2Putts, Francie, Steve "BarnEy" Barnett, Madam, Peppas +1, Blacksnake, Grooves_Nob, pyl, Greywolfe, The Good Egg for attending this day.  Old friends and new friends, you all make this day so very special.  I remind people all of the time how special you are to me and were to Paul.  I also remind them how this day is not just about remembering Paul, it is also remembering other friends who lost the battle and those who have fought so very hard and won the battle.  Thank you for you donation to Beyond Blue each year, I appreciate it and I know BB do as well.

The day was glorious, blue skies, a little bit of a breeze, stunning views.  I can see myself living in one of those homes up on that hill, not the rates though!  I enjoyed the day immensely from tottering along with some of you, wandering off along the paths and enjoying the ocean views and wildlife.  Just a wonderful day but then it always is.

I hope you are feeling better 2Putts, sorry I didn't get to say goodbye xx

Now, HUGE congratulations to BK on being this years winner! x  JB asked me if I wanted to say anything when the shield was presented to you but I couldn't, seeing how emotional you were I just knew I would lose it if I was to speak too, already had a few tears happening.  I am so happy this was your year.  Paul told me how you got your forum name, never seen him laugh so uncontrollably to the point of tears running down his cheeks as they did that day.

Lastly and by no means least my thanks to Mr and Mrs BK and the children for your generosity in hosting the evenings presentation and BBQ.  xxx

I know I have said this before, however, the kindness, caring and love you show in your own ways to each other warms my heart and soul, thank you xxx

• Commish, BarnEsy05, Madam and 6 others like this

#311 BarnEsy05

BarnEsy05

Holing It Out

• Members
  • 31823 posts
  • LocationChopperville

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

I have not posted my thanks previousy as I was at a loss as to what to say, perfect in my head transferring it into words here not so perfect :-)

BS thank you for taking me to and from Long Reef.  I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and conversation.  I hope you have dispensed with that voice in your car that told lies :-) Enjoy your little jaunt with the family xx

Thank you BarnEsy05, Qinghai Beast, Birdie Killer, Robin Conway, Ross McNicol, David Ronald, Dale Ronald, Francie, Schmuck, RedNeckBob. Michael "Father" Mulcahy, RedNeckBob, John "Steve" McQueen, Pegasus, PMG, 2Putts, Francie, Steve "BarnEy" Barnett, Madam, Peppas +1, Blacksnake, Grooves_Nob, pyl, Greywolfe, The Good Egg for attending this day.  Old friends and new friends, you all make this day so very special.  I remind people all of the time how special you are to me and were to Paul.  I also remind them how this day is not just about remembering Paul, it is also remembering other friends who lost the battle and those who have fought so very hard and won the battle.  Thank you for you donation to Beyond Blue each year, I appreciate it and I know BB do as well.

The day was glorious, blue skies, a little bit of a breeze, stunning views.  I can see myself living in one of those homes up on that hill, not the rates though!  I enjoyed the day immensely from tottering along with some of you, wandering off along the paths and enjoying the ocean views and wildlife.  Just a wonderful day but then it always is.

Now, HUGE congratulations to BK on being this years winner! x  JB asked me if I wanted to say anything when the shield was presented to you but I couldn't, seeing how emotional you were I just knew I would lose it if I was to speak too, already had a few tears happening.  I am so happy this was your year.  Paul told me how you got your forum name, never seen him laugh so uncontrollably to the point of tears running down his cheeks as they did that day.

Lastly and by no means least my thanks to Mr and Mrs BK and the children for your generosity in hosting the evenings presentation and BBQ.  xxx

I know I have said this before, however, the kindness, caring and love you show in your own ways to each other warms my heart and soul, thank you xxx

:wub:

A

HELP IS OUT THERE

2015 ISG NSW WBT COC

2014 Brass Yacht Winner

2016 Brass Yacht Winner

2017 Brass Yacht Winner

HOLE IN ONE

Desperately Unlucky ©

#312 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 01:01 PM

Bugger I hadnt finished writing and this posted just realised lol.

Also wanted to say how lovely it was to meet Mrs Peppas and Dale had lovely chats with all of the 'better halves'

• BarnEsy05, Madam, 2Putts and 1 other like this

#313 Birdie Killer

Birdie Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:03 PM

Say No More.

Mission accomplished, NTP trophy has been delivered in person to Madam's residence!

• BarnEsy05 and Francie like this

Current PJ L4G Memorial Shield Holder

Winner 2016 ISG Nationals in Vic

Golflink.

#314 Birdie Killer

Birdie Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

My missus and my kids all immensely enjoyed the evening.

My kids said: 'your friends are so nice, Dad'.

My missus now understand why I sneaked out to play golf with you lots while she was giving birth to our twins in the hospital :)

• Commish, BarnEsy05, Madam and 3 others like this

Current PJ L4G Memorial Shield Holder

Winner 2016 ISG Nationals in Vic

Golflink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users