Posted Yesterday, 07:21 PM
There's been a lot of changes on the back 9 at Curlewis.
10. Unfortunately, you don't have to hit over the water now, trees on right are mostly gone, with sandy waste running most of the way down that side.
11. Left side fairway bunkering is much deeper and eats much further into the fairway. New bunkers short and right of the green, bunker short left has been filled in.
12. Trees on right have been cleared way back, the fairway is well to the left of tree line.
13. Left short bunker filled in, right side bunkers deepened.
14. Right side fairway bunkers are a bit deeper, water hazard built on right side is much wider than the drain it replaced, and actually has water in it.
15. Left side fairway bunker filled in, water right and short, if you hit in here off the tee you get what you deserve. Front right bunker covers much more of the front of the green, left side bunker filled in.
16. New tee box, right of old tee. Left trees short of water mostly removed, rough past the water on left is much thicker. Right greenside bunker reshape and deeper. Hump on left side of green removed, flows onto 17th tee.
17. Right back bunker filled in, new tee area.
18. No change.
Front 9 has less changes, mostly tree removal. Particularly between 1&2, with new bunkers . Right and back of green on 5 have had tee tree removed.
The driving range opens at 7am, you can't miss the net. Entrance is just past the traffic lights in the middle of nowhere at Geelong end of the course. Warm up fairway for irons only is still next to the car park if you want to hit your own balls.
Not much good to me.....it's been a long time since my last OOM there. Have I missed one or has it been a few years. I can only remember the first few holes on the front and a couple on the back.
Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012
Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013
Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013
Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015
Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015
Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015
Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016
Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event
Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016
Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016
Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016
"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman
Lowest ever handicap - 7.5