#106 Forrest Gardener

Forrest Gardener

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • LocationCairns

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:43 PM

So you're saying that the membership would increase by 500% overnight and the fees would be pushed up another 50% and all will be rosey ? ... :(

Your back of the envelope analysis looks pretty accurate to me. The outlook is pretty gloomy for a lot of golf clubs. For example I was amazed when I drove past Woodlands and saw new members welcome and wedding venue signs.

Glad to have lived through what seems to have been golf's golden era.

• iRON MiCK, Sparkster and madness like this

Titleist Performance Institute Certified

forrestgardener.wordpress.com
Golflink

#107 TripleEagle

TripleEagle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Rossdale Golf Club, Victoria’s Friendliest Club. Good deals for under 40’s. Best & coldest beer. Will be the most sought after membership soon

Rossdale. Yeah Nah... Im a long term local to the area. Decided to join myself and son up to Rossdale this year as a club sponser to help support the club.

I was using the driving range earlier this year during my lunchbreak and had staff come out and check on me to say a member reported a non member using the range! 

I've also had at least 2 public functions (a school christmas party and grand final day) at the club where the same grumpy senior gentleman (im told the former club Captain!!!) ranting and yelling at the children attending the function to get off the course!

Gave it the flick after 6 months. Rossdale needs a lot more members but in my case, its not so friendly, as the advertising may suggest.   

• voss, Weetbix and madness like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users