106 replies to this topic

#61 Ink🐾

Ink🐾

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35462 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:19 PM

National are restricting access to their courses.

It used to be one green fee and play as much as you can fit in.
Now the first round is the guest fee rate and subsequent rounds at 50% of guest rate.

Time slots are reducing for both guests and even reciprocals, the place is absolutely pumping

Sounds like an invite... how about we hook up in August/ September?
  • chevychase likes this

#62 Zenstb

Zenstb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2735 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 08 July 2018 - 11:17 PM

Mate, I have been so impressed with their willingness to accept me as a member. Couldn't fault a thing the whole way through, its kinda refreshing to see to be honest as you hear (and experience) so many horror stories.

Hack2489 - good advice, i'll see what i can get.

For 10,000 for one course, maybe consider the National you get 4 courses and for similar anaual if not cheaper.
  • chevychase likes this
Coordination is the key to movement

#63 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:57 PM

This is nothing to do with the sand belt but had no idea where else to post it and didn’t want to start another pointless thread. I have a friend who is hating life at his club. He has s couple of regular playing partners who have similar thoughts. They’re 3-4 months into their new financial year at their club and are desperate to get out to join another nearby club. Some of the reasons including course conditions, inactivity of the club to address concerns raised with integrity of club competitions and the heavy social traffic at the club. Two of these guys pay by the month, the other paid his subs up front and he’s been told he’s welcome to leave but won’t be getting a refund.

One has written to the club seeking a release but has been denied by the club who claim that he must pay the remainder of his subscription for the current financial year. When he said he’d just call the bank to stop the payments, he was threatened with debt recovery action.

The other has written to the club to ask the payments stop being deducted from his account as he wishes to resign, again, the club denied his request. When he asked why, they said it was the clubs rules and he agreed to them when he signed up, so essentially, tough luck boys, you’re staying.

Surely there’s a way to extricate yourself from a club without going through these processes? Has anyone here left a club mid term? If so, how did you go about it without losing more than half a years worth of subs money? Suggestions would be appreciated.

#64 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11149 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:49 AM

Joining a club is basically entering a 1 year contract.

I see nopeoblem withwith the club are doing
  • madness likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#65 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39040 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:05 AM

Joining a club is basically entering a 1 year contract.

I see nopeoblem withwith the club are doing

I played with Marcus on Saturday...it’s to do with a club you’re familiar with, and he was telling me some stories about the members and some of the practices around short putts....

Let’s not name the club here...but I think you’d know what I’m referring to.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#66 Lukos87

Lukos87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1548 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:34 AM

I played with Marcus on Saturday...it’s to do with a club you’re familiar with, and he was telling me some stories about the members and some of the practices around short putts....

Anything inside 6 feet is good right ?
  • Goldy likes this

#67 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 07:34 AM

Marcush39, aren't all the things that your mates now find objectionable pre existing conditions?

Edited by PerryGroves, 26 November 2018 - 07:35 AM.

#68 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14913 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:20 AM

This is nothing to do with the sand belt but had no idea where else to post it and didn’t want to start another pointless thread. I have a friend who is hating life at his club. He has s couple of regular playing partners who have similar thoughts. They’re 3-4 months into their new financial year at their club and are desperate to get out to join another nearby club. Some of the reasons including course conditions, inactivity of the club to address concerns raised with integrity of club competitions and the heavy social traffic at the club. Two of these guys pay by the month, the other paid his subs up front and he’s been told he’s welcome to leave but won’t be getting a refund.

One has written to the club seeking a release but has been denied by the club who claim that he must pay the remainder of his subscription for the current financial year. When he said he’d just call the bank to stop the payments, he was threatened with debt recovery action.

The other has written to the club to ask the payments stop being deducted from his account as he wishes to resign, again, the club denied his request. When he asked why, they said it was the clubs rules and he agreed to them when he signed up, so essentially, tough luck boys, you’re staying.

Surely there’s a way to extricate yourself from a club without going through these processes? Has anyone here left a club mid term? If so, how did you go about it without losing more than half a years worth of subs money? Suggestions would be appreciated.

sorry to hear. As Rob mentioned you have agreed to a 1 year contract in this case. There may be grounds to try and cease contract based on whatever was signed but that would take some kind of legal approach. Contact Golf Australia and explain situation and get some advise from them to start.

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#69 Hokey Pokey

Hokey Pokey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20438 posts
  • Location.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 09:35 AM

Anything inside 6 feet is good right ?

Mouldy might even win a C Grade Championship with this rule, maybe.
  • Goldy and koiom K. Asterisk* like this

#70 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14552 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 26 November 2018 - 10:24 AM

Mouldy might even win a C Grade Championship with this rule, maybe.

Big maybe

18.4 by the end of. 2018  - 4.7 to go

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#71 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11149 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:12 PM

Understand 100%.
  • Goldy likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#72 Hokey Pokey

Hokey Pokey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20438 posts
  • Location.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:26 PM

Big maybe

You’re winning OOM titles, match play championships and club comps, anything is possible.
  • Goldy and koiom K. Asterisk* like this

#73 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14552 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

You’re winning OOM titles, match play championships and club comps, anything is possible.

Well when you put it that way. ..
  • Goldy and Hokey Pokey like this

18.4 by the end of. 2018  - 4.7 to go

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#74 Spade

Spade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 01:43 PM

Rossdale Golf Club, Victoria’s Friendliest Club. Good deals for under 40’s. Best & coldest beer. Will be the most sought after membership soon

#75 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:41 PM

Rossdale Golf Club, Victoria’s Friendliest Club. Good deals for under 40’s. Best & coldest beer. Will be the most sought after membership soon

The friendliest club is a bit like the best pie shop and the tidiest town in the state, at last count there was over 300 of each.

• iRON MiCK, Goldy, Hokey Pokey and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users