Thanks fellas - I've done the ring around and;
1. Commonwealth has a waiting list so I'd have to go to 6-day for a while, course doesn't look like much and their service was poor to average to be honest! It's like I was asking them for a favour.
2. Huntingdale was OK, the course is a little boring and long for my liking. I also heard that they are planning to rip up their greens in the next 12-24 months? No thank you!
3. Woodlands is very aggressive on new members joining, but its not part of the Sandbelt and getting on to the course (from what ppl are telling me) is difficult as they have so many members
4. Yarra Yarra is offering the best deal out there.They are $5k entrance fee, no waiting list for 7-day and their Doak restoration looks incredible! Don't need to know a member either which is handy. The service from the membership lady was awesome too, maybe that's a sign of what the membership will be like?
5. Victoria, Metropolitan, Kingston Heath & Royal Melbourne wouldn't even talk to me!
Peninsula & The National are too far away, but those places look awesome!
Has anyone played YY recently / know whats going on there with their restoration? Their website give a pretty good description of whats happening but I'd rather here from a member or someone thats been there recently? They offered me a free trial round, so i'll be checking it out one i touch base in Melbourne.