#46 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5570 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

again, noted, but none of that answers my question to Jon about how these special clubs go about rating their holes in a way that works better for a match play than the standard match index. 

There's a fair bit of info here 

I CBF reading it all but RulesGeek and AAA seem to provide some decent info about the guidelines. 

#47 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13073 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:33 PM

There's a fair bit of info here
I CBF reading it all but RulesGeek and AAA seem to provide some decent info about the guidelines.

Yeah man, that's all cool. I understand the point and intent of the match play index. What I don't understand is how these special clubs have come up with a better way to spread the shots across the 18 for a match play and what data they have used and why it's that they are considered CBF'd by using the international standard.
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#48 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5570 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

Yeah man, that's all cool. I understand the point and intent of the match play index. What I don't understand is how these special clubs have come up with a better way to spread the shots across the 18 for a match play and what data they have used and why it's that they are considered CBF'd by using the international standard.

They would just do it subjectively using the guidelines posted by AAA. " Importance of Low Strokes The first handicap stroke should be allocated so that this stroke is most useful in matches between players of almost equal ability,"

• BumpunRun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users