• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#106 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 13876 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

I have seen 3: Marked 2 on the card, same player same hole back to back medals. Was a blind pin position on both occasions so didn't see them actually go in. The only 1 I have seen go in was on a downhill par 3, was a really foggy day so as you left the green you shouted to the group behind to tee off & watched for where they went. First player found the green, second we never saw, third landed 10yards short of where we stood on the next tee, cannoned 90degrees off a rock, bounced on the green and rolled straight into the hole!

Ha ha  so many hole in ones are not pure shots like we see on TV,  just luck of a bounce!

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#107 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1386 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 26 May 2018 - 01:30 PM

Oh...and btw...you could have updated the list...

Was going to but not sure if my one and only counts.

Let me explain.

Back in school days, as a 14yo pimple faced surfie, we were not allowed to do surfing for school sport during winter, so, a few of us, opted for golf.

On one such afternoon, on a downhill par 3, mid dry winter on the mid North coast of NSW at the Royal Kew golf course (now known as the Camden Haven Country Club, but still Royal Far Kew to me and my mates) we decided, as you do, to tee off without putters...

And, somehow, on this magic day, I smacked the ball and it bounced its way down the hill and all over the place until it found the smooth green surface and somehow, with it's weird spin, green undulation and general scientific mystery it rolled into the hole.

I call it the longest putt putt hole I've ever played. Still do, every time I play it, and, as you do, we still play it by teeing off with our putter. It's a tradition never to be broken.

And, just like a hole in one at putt putt, I just don't, can't, claim it as a true, real, hole in one.
  • Talart, iRON MiCK and upnin like this

#108 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41461 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 26 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

Seen two

Both already mentioned here
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#109 Talart

Talart

Hit the ball, Find the ball, Hit the ball...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3881 posts
  • LocationThe Nail shop next to Golgotha

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:53 AM

One so far...

Cruelest tale I can share though is playing in Millicent open and another golfer on a par three smacked his ball into the ferns and possible lost ball from the tee, so played a provisional. Yes into the hole with the shot, not a hole in one, was hitting shot three.

Edited by Talart, 31 May 2018 - 11:57 AM.

• Madam likes this
Hit the ball, find the ball, hit the ball...

#110 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19510 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:37 PM

I've seen 4 of them on the one hole ..... the 130 odd metre par 3, 6th up at beacy.

3 of them were by some chopper, but the 4th one ....... was by an 87 year old beacy member.

the old boy hit driver, and it landed at least 50m short of the 130m green but bounced and bounded its way up onto the green ....... rolled into the flagstick ..... and dropped out of sight.

the rest of us were pretty bloody happy for him, cause he's a great bloke, and it was his first hio in about 60 years he reckons ...[he now has 2 to his name]. :)

• Madam, Weetbix, iRON MiCK and 1 other like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users