51 replies to this topic

#31 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11676 posts

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:52 PM

All the best to Rani tomorrow. Good luck and would be a fantastic experience just to be there.

Edited by Rusty_Chopper_1984, 11 May 2018 - 09:55 PM.

http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#32 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17617 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:32 PM

Love the view from inside the ropes. Best of luck for tomorrow.

Rani can just go out there and have fun. Who knows what might happen.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#33 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6800 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:49 PM

she only has her husband to blame for this shinanigans We know ya doing ya best as well as her....  why are you guys worrying about a cut over a 3 day event if i get it right and for the 1st game back i say wow and wait till she gets going......

good luck for rest of tourney what ever place you guys come  just think about the fun you guys had

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#34 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1184 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:58 AM

Tango, dude... Great writing!

Keep em coming.

#35 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 12 May 2018 - 10:21 AM

Thanks everyone it was hard to write up yesterday but a nice dinner and a good sleep in and we are prepared to have fun today.

This is the fist time we have been away together without kids so it's a honeymoon we never had and it's nice to spend quality time together.

The golf is a bonus and was always just for the experience.

What was nice was many girls were looking at Rani as if to say we know you and when she introduced herself they all remembered her from 10 years ago, many were young amateurs back then.

Hopefully she can relax today and play well.

Will let you know tonight.
  • GhettoGolfer, Madam and hack2489 like this

#36 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 12 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Final practice putts as we wait for the starter to call us to the tee, still 20 min to go and she is feeling flat, I remind her we are here for the fun of it, a golfing honeymoon...

A hug and a kiss and she does some chipping.
  • GhettoGolfer, Francie, Goldy and 1 other like this

#37 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:12 AM

Day 3, round 2

A sleep in followed by a relaxing breakfast and a video call to the kids, we are on the 930 bus and get to the course early for a 1205 tee off.

First to the putting green and roll a few putts, its a nice day and the wind is calmer, Rani is rolling them nicely.

She doesnt putt for long which seemed strange given its usually her strength and something that let her down yesterday, she asks to go to the range so we head over and i set up in the middle.

She starts with some wedges and is quickly moving through the clubs she finishes with 3 drivers and tells me enough, i said we still have a long time till our tee time.

She just wants to sit so we take a seat at the range and just watch as other girls go through their routines, she is calm but quiet and we just chat, we sit for 30 minutes and then decide to head to the tee, i ask her if she wants a few final wedges she says no.

We get to the tee and see we are paired with the same girl's as yesterday, man girl from China who shot 1 over and the thai girl who shot 9 over.

Rani does some chipping at the green next to the tee but she is quiet and flat, not nervous but just lacking enthusiasm.

We see some friends by the tee they are the clothing manufacturers that sponsor her outfits so we go over and say hello and pose for some photos, i grab tees, markers, and bananas.

Rani is teeing off first, the announcer calls her name and is followed by some clapping.

Its anazing how quiet it becomes its eerie, i whisper to her to just relax and have fun, she tees up we pick a spot, i check her alignment then step away, she drills it down the middle, a great tee shot leaving 90 yards in.

We check the yardages, no wind and she lines up with her 56, she puts a nice swing on it and its stops 3 foot from the hole, a great start and i think today might be her day, she lines the putt up but leaves it short half a roll from opening with a birdie.

Hole 2 is a tight short par 4 blind tee shot, she hits 3 wood right rough 2 feet off the cut surface, we know the shot as she has been in the same spot the previous 2 rounds.

70 yards downhill to a tricky green, she hits 56 just right of the pin and it releases to the back of the green fringe leaving a 20 foot chip which she leaves short and misses the put for a bogey.

Hole 3 is long par 3, she hits 5 iron pin high bunker left, her first bunker in 2 days, its a good lie but she hits a poor shot over the green in the other bunker, its buried with a severe downhill lie, high lip and a slick downhill that she is shortsided... i turn away thinking how penal that shot was and fear a big number. She hits a miraculous shot that manages to clear the lip but leaves a treacherous chip, she gets it on the green and holes a great curling putt tgat dives in the side door, its a double but could easily have been a 7.

Part 2 to follow as my bty us dying,
  • Weetbix, Francie and hack2489 like this

#38 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 13 May 2018 - 04:24 AM

The Thai girl is very friendly and we are talking a lot, she asks how long I have been a caddy for and I tell her it's my first time, she said I look and, act like a professional which pleases me.

Hole 4 is a long par 4 guarded by water and a hole Rani has struggled with, there is a large tree that protects the left side of the fairway that forces you right on a dog leg left we decide to aim a little more left to stay away from the right rough.

Rani drills a sweeping draw that finds the fairway and we both let out a little cheer. This is a great drive and she outdrove the man girl which I mention to her, we laugh.

She has a 7 iron in, far cry from the 4 irons we hit the last 2 times. There is a big tree in front left of the green and water in front, she tries to draw it round but pushes it into the right greenside bunker, it's a good lie buts it's near the back edge meaning she needs to lift the club sharply.

She catches it thin and putts it in the bunker the other side, the greens are very narrow but long front to back.

A good shot on the green but releases downhill, 2 putts and another double.

Hole 5 par 3 uphill that she has hit close everyday, same club same result a beautiful 8 iron straight at it but it's blind we can't see how close.

Man child has hit hers to about 2 inches almost holed it, Rani has about 6 foot straight uphill an easy putt, she leaves it short, I turn away furious but try to hide my disappointment another opportunity lost.

Hole 6 is a 3 shot par 5 for Rani she drills driver down the middle but pushes 3 wood right and it's stuck right behind a tree, another brutal penalty for a slightly missed shot, man girl smashes 3 wood onto the green.

Rani chips sideways and has about 50 yards, she hits a good shot but misses the put and takes bogey.

Hole 7 long par 3 and comes up short, chips on and 2 putts for bogey.

Hole 8 was our birdie hole yesterday, 3W off the tee but she pushes into the right rough, pitching wedge in pin high on the fringe but only 10 yards from the pin but a slick downhill, she putts from fringe runs it past and missed coming back for bogey, 3 putts but stats only count as 2.

Hole 9 is a par 5, Rani drills driver down the middle, hits a great 3w and leaves herself 50 yards, she hits a good wedge but it releases 6 feet past she has a malleable birdie putt but it doesn't break and is a tap in par.

Hole 10 is 3W down the middle and 52 to 4 feet, again she leaves the putt inches short abd taps in for par.

Hole 11 is a par 5 sees a 2 put par and man girl roles in an 8 foot put for eagle and is scoring well.

Hole 12 is a long par 3, back of the green chip on and 2 putts for bogey.

Hole 13 sees another missed put and bogey and its on to the par 5 14th, Rani drills a great drive and punches a 5 iron lay up leaving 50 yards, she duffs it short, chips on 2 putts for bogey.

Hole 15 sees a pulled tee shot in left rough but a good second leaving an uphill birdie putt which she leaves short and taps in for par.

Hole 16 and the highlight of my day, it's a par 3 and a small girl about 7 years old in golf gear is standing behind the tee with her dad, I take a ball out of Ranis bag and give it to her she is so excited.

I tell Rani I've just given that girl a ball, she has no idea who you are so you better hit a good shot so she doesn't think she got a ball from a hacker.

Rani doesn't let her down and drills a great 5 iron to 2 feet, I smile at the girl and we head to the green.

We both agree the putt is straight, Rani misses right after opening the putter face, it's a poor putt.

Par 5 17th, Rani drills a drive left hand fairway, hits 6 iron over the corner to 50 yards, seems she has had this yardage for the last 3 days on most par 5s.

A good 56 wedge to 4 foot and she leaves the putt short...... taps in for 5 i just shrugg my shoulders.

Hole 18 and OOB left, Rani drills a drive right centre and has 8 iron in in, she pulls it slightly and it releases to back of the green, by now a large crowd is around the green including the little girl who is joined by her sister and mom.

Rani hits a great putt that comes up a foot short but holes it for par and the journey is over.

We embrace on the green and I tell her I'm proud of her, man boy makes a great up and down for a solid 4 under and the Thai girl holes a long birdie putt for a 77.

We walk off and the little girl yells that's her and points to Rani, she asks for her autograph and Rani signs her hat, she doesn't know who Rani is and doesn't know she just shot 83 again.

A few young Chinese girls come over for a signature and a photo with Rani which she obliges and then she goes to sign her card.

It was a tough 2 days, and although she scored poorly I'm proud of her, its her first tournament in 10 year's and she plays casual golf once or twice a week.

Tee to green she can match it but her short game and putting needs to be a lot better at this level as these girls do it for a living.

Rani was the only player not qualified through tour ranking points due to her non playing status and invited due to winning the HKPGA order of merit last year.

She currently leads again this year so hopefully she will get a start again next year, she has confirmed I've got the job again so we will know what to expect and will prepare on tougher courses and faster greens.

And so this brings and end to my story, I'm sorry if long winded but this was all about being able to record the experience, so i can look back on it, Rani doesn't know about this site, nor this post and would be upset if she knew so for now it's our secret.

Anyone that gets a chance to caddy take it, its a great experience inside the ropes, but its hard work, my back aches and my legs are tired, it's now 2.24am I can't sleep but Rani has crashed...

Im looking at my new AP3s in the room can't wait to have a hit...

Edited by Tango67, 13 May 2018 - 04:33 AM.

• voss, Weetbix, Francie and 5 others like this

#39 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5460 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:13 AM

The Thai girl is very friendly and we are talking a lot, she asks how long I have been a caddy for and I tell her it's my first time, she said I look and, act like a professional which pleases me.

Hole 4 is a long par 4 guarded by water and a hole Rani has struggled with, there is a large tree that protects the left side of the fairway that forces you right on a dog leg left we decide to aim a little more left to stay away from the right rough.

Rani drills a sweeping draw that finds the fairway and we both let out a little cheer. This is a great drive and she outdrove the man girl which I mention to her, we laugh.

She has a 7 iron in, far cry from the 4 irons we hit the last 2 times. There is a big tree in front left of the green and water in front, she tries to draw it round but pushes it into the right greenside bunker, it's a good lie buts it's near the back edge meaning she needs to lift the club sharply.

She catches it thin and putts it in the bunker the other side, the greens are very narrow but long front to back.

A good shot on the green but releases downhill, 2 putts and another double.

Hole 5 par 3 uphill that she has hit close everyday, same club same result a beautiful 8 iron straight at it but it's blind we can't see how close.

Man child has hit hers to about 2 inches almost holed it, Rani has about 6 foot straight uphill an easy putt, she leaves it short, I turn away furious but try to hide my disappointment another opportunity lost.

Hole 6 is a 3 shot par 5 for Rani she drills driver down the middle but pushes 3 wood right and it's stuck right behind a tree, another brutal penalty for a slightly missed shot, man girl smashes 3 wood onto the green.

Rani chips sideways and has about 50 yards, she hits a good shot but misses the put and takes bogey.

Hole 7 long par 3 and comes up short, chips on and 2 putts for bogey.

Hole 8 was our birdie hole yesterday, 3W off the tee but she pushes into the right rough, pitching wedge in pin high on the fringe but only 10 yards from the pin but a slick downhill, she putts from fringe runs it past and missed coming back for bogey, 3 putts but stats only count as 2.

Hole 9 is a par 5, Rani drills driver down the middle, hits a great 3w and leaves herself 50 yards, she hits a good wedge but it releases 6 feet past she has a malleable birdie putt but it doesn't break and is a tap in par.

Hole 10 is 3W down the middle and 52 to 4 feet, again she leaves the putt inches short abd taps in for par.

Hole 11 is a par 5 sees a 2 put par and man girl roles in an 8 foot put for eagle and is scoring well.

Hole 12 is a long par 3, back of the green chip on and 2 putts for bogey.

Hole 13 sees another missed put and bogey and its on to the par 5 14th, Rani drills a great drive and punches a 5 iron lay up leaving 50 yards, she duffs it short, chips on 2 putts for bogey.

Hole 15 sees a pulled tee shot in left rough but a good second leaving an uphill birdie putt which she leaves short and taps in for par.

Hole 16 and the highlight of my day, it's a par 3 and a small girl about 7 years old in golf gear is standing behind the tee with her dad, I take a ball out of Ranis bag and give it to her she is so excited.

I tell Rani I've just given that girl a ball, she has no idea who you are so you better hit a good shot so she doesn't think she got a ball from a hacker.

Rani doesn't let her down and drills a great 5 iron to 2 feet, I smile at the girl and we head to the green.

We both agree the putt is straight, Rani misses right after opening the putter face, it's a poor putt.

Par 5 17th, Rani drills a drive left hand fairway, hits 6 iron over the corner to 50 yards, seems she has had this yardage for the last 3 days on most par 5s.

A good 56 wedge to 4 foot and she leaves the putt short...... taps in for 5 i just shrugg my shoulders.

Hole 18 and OOB left, Rani drills a drive right centre and has 8 iron in in, she pulls it slightly and it releases to back of the green, by now a large crowd is around the green including the little girl who is joined by her sister and mom.

Rani hits a great putt that comes up a foot short but holes it for par and the journey is over.

We embrace on the green and I tell her I'm proud of her, man boy makes a great up and down for a solid 4 under and the Thai girl holes a long birdie putt for a 77.

We walk off and the little girl yells that's her and points to Rani, she asks for her autograph and Rani signs her hat, she doesn't know who Rani is and doesn't know she just shot 83 again.

A few young Chinese girls come over for a signature and a photo with Rani which she obliges and then she goes to sign her card.

It was a tough 2 days, and although she scored poorly I'm proud of her, its her first tournament in 10 year's and she plays casual golf once or twice a week.

Tee to green she can match it but her short game and putting needs to be a lot better at this level as these girls do it for a living.

Rani was the only player not qualified through tour ranking points due to her non playing status and invited due to winning the HKPGA order of merit last year.

She currently leads again this year so hopefully she will get a start again next year, she has confirmed I've got the job again so we will know what to expect and will prepare on tougher courses and faster greens.

And so this brings and end to my story, I'm sorry if long winded but this was all about being able to record the experience, so i can look back on it, Rani doesn't know about this site, nor this post and would be upset if she knew so for now it's our secret.

Anyone that gets a chance to caddy take it, its a great experience inside the ropes, but its hard work, my back aches and my legs are tired, it's now 2.24am I can't sleep but Rani has crashed...

Im looking at my new AP3s in the room can't wait to have a hit...

Nice posts mate, enjoyed reading alot. Hope you enjoy your new bats.
  • hack2489 likes this

#40 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41330 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 13 May 2018 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the insight Tango - was a good read

Seems she was a hot putter and some bunker shots off a decent round today
  • hack2489 likes this
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#41 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10004 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:47 AM

Sorry that Rani didn't make the cut, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Hope you guys enjoyed a little sanity away from the kids and hang around to tell us how your new bats work out.
  • Bluethunda and hack2489 like this
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#42 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 13 May 2018 - 09:35 AM

Very very interesting read. Thank you for sharing. Reading that as a complete hacker it shows that, like at any level, the difference between a great score and not so good is mainly just missed putts and short shots. Must be so hard playing at that level after such a long break. hope youre back next year and we read different story.
I'm just pissed off OK? Don't ask.
READ EM AND WEEP
http://www.golflink....k_No=4072302355

#43 Rusty_Chopper_1984

Rusty_Chopper_1984

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11676 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 10:10 AM

Enjoy reading your posts Tango. Thanks for posting and sharing your experience. Pity Rani did not make the cut but still to return after 10 years and stiĺl give it a go is awesome. Hope to read more in the future.
http://www.golflink....k_No=5012901532

2014 C Grade Winner OOM 2 Growling Frog

47 pts 55/40 off 35 at Kooringal Golf Club after shooting 107 first time I played it.

2014 Eagle on 15th par 4 at Rosebud Country Club on North/East.

2015 Eagle 17th hole at Trentham Golf Course.

2015 C Grade Winner 00M 2 Settlers Run

2015 Race to 18 Winner

2015 BHIC shortest Drive winner 61m

2015 Overall C Grade Runner up

Roy McAvoy: Such a pure feeling is the well struck golf shot.

#44 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 13 May 2018 - 12:00 PM

Thanks everyone, on the way back to Macau, attached is one of the many photos we have

Attached Files

• GhettoGolfer, Madam, Weetbix and 2 others like this

#45 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34822 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 13 May 2018 - 03:21 PM

Greta read Tango.   Thanks for sharing......and your secret is safe with me.   ;)

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users