#16 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:17 PM

Best of luck Tango..... how were those vouchers you bought.

Thanks, they were great seems a long time ago must be near on 2 years ago as we went to Bali last Xmas.

#17 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41330 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:38 PM

Good luck Tango and Rani
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#18 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:39 PM

At the range

Attached Files

• Francie, Rusty_Chopper_1984 and Joe79 like this

#19 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17617 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:53 PM

I'd be telling Rani she's hitting the ball really well and no need for more practice and then pocket the balls.

Poor effort on not getting a free meal. A good caddy would be all over any deals. As Barnesy has copyrighted "if it's free it's for me" should be a caddy's anthem.

Just remember if Rani hits a bad shot it's your fault.

Have fun. Lots of envious guys on here
  • iRON MiCK likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#20 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34822 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:09 AM

At the range

Got the photo of the leader board?

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#21 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:40 AM

Yes, 2nd Column at the top also a photo in front of the Indo flag as she is the only Indo in the field.

Attached Files

• GhettoGolfer and Francie like this

#22 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10004 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

Yes, 2nd Column at the top also a photo in front of the Indo flag as she is the only Indo in the field.

Have fun today and make sure you grab some balls dammit.
Because some idiots complain that my sig is too large:
th_Ghettobanner_zpsik8air89.jpg

Golflink: http://www.golf.org....icap/3013502329

#23 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Warm up over, 30 min til tee off and I think she is nervous...

We are about to gead to the 1st tee and hoping for a great day.
  • GhettoGolfer, Madam, Francie and 1 other like this

#24 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34822 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 11 May 2018 - 10:04 AM

Good luck....smash 'em  ;)

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

#25 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:50 PM

Round over and time for lunch, ill do a wright up when the dust settles and let me say there is a lot of dust....
  • Rusty_Chopper_1984 likes this

#26 Tango67

Tango67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationMacau

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:10 PM

Ok here goes, wife off for a well earned massage and fair to say we are both exausted.

Day 2 and round 1..

Early rise with a 5am wake up call and on the bus at 545, breakfast at the club which was fee and then down for a few putts, greens are rolling faster.

Weather gods are kind and the rain has cleared but its windy, really windy.

Off to the practice range and to hit some balls, about 45 min off balls and we are ready to go, i tell her we still have 40 min but she doesnt want to be late, needs a comfort break to settle her nerves.

Arrive at the first tee and still have time so do some putting as the announcer calls the group ahead of us to the tee.

I watch as they proceed to swing the slowest swings you have ever seen but all drill it down the middle i can feel the step up in class.

Over to the starter and collect the caddy bib, scorecard and pin positions, i grab a handfull of tees, markers, bananas and everything else on offer for free, the bib comes in handy with its big 2 front pockets which are now overflowing.

The announcer says Rani is first off and we introduce ourselves to the group, both tour players one from Thailand and the other a man girl from China who should be wearing footy gear.

The announcer announces Rani folowed by a gentle clap of the few ardant spectators that have braved the 830 tee off, i hand her her driver after fumbling with the headcover coz im shitting myself, she sets up and i take up position behind her to check alignment, all good and i step away and pray to god she doesnt chunk it.

She takes a deep breath and a beautiful swing and its on its way straight down the middle, she hands me the club and wispers to me that she is so nervous she thought she would have an airswing, she smiles butni can see she is still shaking.

The thai girl pushes hers down the right but ok and the man girl from china
drills one about 300 yards down the middle, some 50 yards ahead of Rani.

Rani plays second and hits agreat wedge that releases to about 15 feet, she rolls a good put thats tracking in and dies just low leaving a tap in for par.

Next hole is a short par 4 of 294 yards to the front up over a blind hill, Rani hits 3W to right rough, thai girl hooks 3 wood left and man boy hits driver pin high right rough.

Rani hits a wedge that takes a bad bounce and runs to the back of the green leaving a 20ft downhill putt, the first putt is short and the 2nd is missed and her first of 5 x 3 putts is on the card.

3rd hole playing long into the wind and Rani hits a 4 iron pin high left, just off the green edge and deep in rough, tricjy downhill hill chip which is half fluffed leaving a 10 footer, she misses low for bogie, she tells me she is nervous.

4th hole is a long par 4 with water protecting the front of the green i know it from the practice round and she dropped a ball in short with her approach, she pushes her drive right into the rough and its a tough shot, half buried she attempts a 4 iron that doesnt carry the water, we drop and she hits a good wedge that checks too much leaving a 10 footer for bogie, misses the putt and takes her first double.

5th is an uphill par 3 that she birdied on Wed so im feeling confident, she hits a great shot to 3 foot but its a tricky side hill curler, im not a religious man but im now praying for putts to drop, she leaves it short and taps in for a disapointing par, a real opportunity lost.

6th is a 3 shot par 5, a good steady drive down the middle followed by an easy 3 wood to 60 yards out, she hits a good shot but it doesnt check leaving her 10 feet downhill for birdie. She thinks the putt is straight bug i noticed the Thai girls ball had broken right and i think its a left to right but say nothing, she rolls a good putt only to see it vear off to the right leaving a tap in for par, another missed chance.

A long par 3 next and she pulls her 4 iron left, she is pin high and short sided, a chip i would hate to have to play, its deep in the rough and she has to fly it over a mound about 15 yards to the pin, its thinned and stops other side of the green, she putts back and it runs past the hole, we line up and she thinks straight bug i think 1 ball left, this time im not staying silent so i tell her, she takes my advice and the ball stays straight, she is furiius not at me but herself and how she is playing.

I calm her down and hand her a 3W for the short par 4 thats playing downwind, she drills it down the middle and hits a wedge to 3 foot and rolls the putt in for her first birdie, at last a 1 one putt and we have a smile.

I could go on with every hole but i wont, she hitsnthe ball ok not great but consistent and misses putts, birdie chance after birdie chance.

3 more birdy chances go begging followed by a 3 putt bogey on the tough par 3 and another missed putg and bogey on the 400 yard par 4 playing into a gale.

On to the par 5 where she misses fairway right but only by 2 feet and is deep in rough, blocked out by a tree and hits a knockdown punch that needs to cut but doesnt. Missed fairway left, puch out, wedge on 2 putts double and its now i realise ghatnghe cut is looking doomed.

We pass a leaderboard and see 4 under is leading.

Rani smashes Driver down the middle her best drive yet followed by a bullet 6 iron that comes ip just short, chip and 2 putts for bogey.

2 putt par on the tough par 3 and its 2 holes to go.

Par 5 17th and she drills driver down the middle, hits 4 iron over the corner to about 60 yards, wedge checks up leaving a 15 footer for birdie that slides past for a tap in.

Last hole par 4 OOB left and strong right to left wind, i pray for a good swing and its not great but finds the left rough and in play, a good 6 iron releases to the back of the green leaving 30 feet downhill, she rolls it past leaving 4 feet and misses the putt to end the day with her 5th 3 putt and 38 putts for the round with a score of +11 and 83.

We are both exhausted, mentally and physically she is disapointed in how she played moreso how she putted but we are greatfull for the experience.

I give her a kiss on the 18th and tell her im proud of her anyway and there is always tomorrow.

We eat luch head back home and shower and call the kids, we miss them, we have never been away from them before.

At the end of the day she showed she can play at this level with more practice but she is tour rusty, not being able to play and practice under these conditions showed up under pressure.

A dinner out tonight, some rest and a sleep in and another round tomorrow lunchtime, here is hoping she can swing a bit more care free and putt with more confidence and we can relax and enjoy the experience.
  • GhettoGolfer, Madam, Francie and 1 other like this

#27 Halfer5

Halfer5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:27 PM

Sounds like a tough day at the office, happens to the best of us. Hopefully she can play without nerves tomorrow, hole a few more putts and post a better score. Good luck.

#28 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12932 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 11 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

Looks like Rani is going to have her own Tin Cup moment in the 2nd round tomorrow. Enjoy it.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#29 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41330 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

Hope she can just enjoy herself tomorrow
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#30 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip