You need a far more scientific approach that can be analysed and assessed. I propose the following approach as it was my style years ago when playing regular comp golf on Wednesday and Saturday every week.
I'll be sure to try that today, 2 man ambrose, just working out how many beers is the right amount, I'm thinking 9, 1 for every 2nd hole, unless i play bad then it will be 10,11 or 12
1. Tee off slot around 12, 12.30... have a nerve settler while getting ready, warming up and having something to eat.
2. First on course at the 4th tee, so play 3 holes before having anything.
3. Repeat at the 7th tee, so by now, 6 holes completed and only 2 beers or UDL consumed.
4. Finish 3rd before getting to the half way so you can top up the Esky on the way through.
5. If scoring, maintain pace of drinks at one every 3 holes. If not scoring, increase pace for a few holes.
6. Assess progress of scores vs drinks left in Esky and decide on pace to finish round. Don't be afraid to now increase to one a hole on the last few if not scoring.
Using this approach you can enjoy golf and never really impact your handicap in any favourable, improvement, sense. Well, I couldn't and didn't...
Edited by hack2489, 05 May 2018 - 10:39 AM.