#31 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1189 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 05 May 2018 - 10:39 AM

I'll be sure to try that today, 2 man ambrose, just working out how many beers is the right amount, I'm thinking 9, 1 for every 2nd hole, unless i play bad then it will be 10,11 or 12

You need a far more scientific approach that can be analysed and assessed. I propose the following approach as it was my style years ago when playing regular comp golf on Wednesday and Saturday every week.

1. Tee off slot around 12, 12.30... have a nerve settler while getting ready, warming up and having something to eat.

2. First on course at the 4th tee, so play 3 holes before having anything.

3. Repeat at the 7th tee, so by now, 6 holes completed and only 2 beers or UDL consumed.

4. Finish 3rd before getting to the half way so you can top up the Esky on the way through.

5. If scoring, maintain pace of drinks at one every 3 holes. If not scoring, increase pace for a few holes.

6. Assess progress of scores vs drinks left in Esky and decide on pace to finish round. Don't be afraid to now increase to one a hole on the last few if not scoring.

Using this approach you can enjoy golf and never really impact your handicap in any favourable, improvement, sense. Well, I couldn't and didn't...

Edited by hack2489, 05 May 2018 - 10:39 AM.

• Natnkyls and Placegetter like this

#32 Natnkyls

Natnkyls

Master Chipper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1994 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:18 AM

You need a far more scientific approach that can be analysed and assessed. I propose the following approach as it was my style years ago when playing regular comp golf on Wednesday and Saturday every week.

1. Tee off slot around 12, 12.30... have a nerve settler while getting ready, warming up and having something to eat.

2. First on course at the 4th tee, so play 3 holes before having anything.

3. Repeat at the 7th tee, so by now, 6 holes completed and only 2 beers or UDL consumed.

4. Finish 3rd before getting to the half way so you can top up the Esky on the way through.

5. If scoring, maintain pace of drinks at one every 3 holes. If not scoring, increase pace for a few holes.

6. Assess progress of scores vs drinks left in Esky and decide on pace to finish round. Don't be afraid to now increase to one a hole on the last few if not scoring.

Using this approach you can enjoy golf and never really impact your handicap in any favourable, improvement, sense. Well, I couldn't and didn't...

1 - teed off at 1130, 2 settlers before teeing off

2 - opened 1st on course after first tee shot, then rolled in the birdie putt

we will skip 3&4

5 - was scoring well, drinking hard, missed a few 5 footers for par

6 - didnt drink for 2 holes, then realised with 3 holes left that there was a drink for each hole, so back into it

My partner and I , 2 man ambrose, he off 19, we turned in a -5(65), turns out those two missed par putts cost us the win,

• Commish, Madam, Placegetter and 2 others like this

CAPTAIN SEQ Golf Guys

Greatest Ball Striker in SEQ Golf Guys-Just ask me

The Better Half of NAARN(2011 WANTIMA FOURSOMES CHAMPIONS)

An Equal Half of NATTER(JUST BRILLIANT ALL OF THE TIME)

The Lesser Half of NACK(4BBB RUNNERS UP ISG NATS 2017)

http://www.golflink....k_no=4132707240

#33 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3518 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

Natter vs Smoldy. Game on. Getting my handicap out to 27 shouldn’t be too much of a problem the way I am playing currently, although I parred the hardest hole on Barnbougle Dunes (8th) last weekend which the caddy told me was rare air. Made me wonder what the hardest par 4 in Australia actually was. I’m sure there are a few people here ready to help out.
  • Natnkyls and Goldy like this
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#34 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41339 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:16 AM

Snake Gully at Windaroo advertises itself as the toughest

Pars are very rare there for us choppers
  • Madam and Placegetter like this
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users