:)
  • Bluethunda and upnin like this

#32 Falcs2

Falcs2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

You've had several opportunities during the whole fiasco, either on course or afterwards to have dealt with his unacceptable behavior. You could've collectively walked away and excluded him from your group. If you'd have taken a firm stand from the start he might not have continued with the accusations. Once it got to the aggressive and physical stage maybe you should have openly defended yourselves, 3 versus 1 ? Because you acted in a sensible manner and followed the correct or normal procedure I would have expected the club to have at least sanctioned him in some type of disciplinary hearing. Could be time to move to another club with your two friends and vote with your feet ? The next AGM would be a great place to bring this matter to the attention of the membership in an open forum discussion ?
Jon...

A similar situation (although not to do with a mobile phone) occurred at my home club just recently whereby a member became verbally and physically aggressive toward a playing partner which was deemed by the board to be totally unwarranted.  The accused member was issued with a warning for the verbal abuse, closely followed by a 3 month suspension for the physical attack.  Aforementioned member has also received a notice that any future occurrences of similar behaviour within the next 12 mths will see his membership rescinded.

The fact that Oatlands GC took no action at all tells a lot about the board and possibly what the particular member has over the board or his financial participation with the club?  If the previous is out of line, then the board or some of them at least need to have good look at themselves or maybe just not be there at next election.  I am a tad confused as to whether Falcs2 is a member there or not.  If he is, start lobbying now.  If not, oh well, too bad, so sad.   Not much you can do about it as an outsider except boycott the club and tell as many as you can to do the same.  I personally do not rate the course.

I was a member, I've since left due to the douchebag and the club's lack of action against him. Not a lot of ways to escalate besides going to a lot of effort to lobby other members which the club isn't really worth that effort for.

• pom, Bluethunda and Monty85 like this

#33 Weetbix

Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41835 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

:)

Hard to imagine you upsetting anyone!
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#34 max_k

max_k

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationSydney North Shore

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

It's a very different type of member down there than there used to be. I'll leave it right there.

• Bluethunda likes this

Pennant Hills GC

GA hcp 16

#35 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

Had a similarly overly-aggression grub at our Club about ten years back. He had been the subject of several complaints, initially receiving warning letters from the Board, then a 'stern' talking to by a real wimp of a Captain.

Eventually, his continued misconduct resulted in a final warning. Unfortunately for him, he then played in my group, accused me of being a 'ferkin cheating count', and was finally rissoled from the Club under the 'conduct unbecoming of a Member' provision in our constitution after my letter hit the boardroom table.

Must say though, I don't think our current bunch of 'everybody's got rights' nutless Board Members would have the cajones to do anything. Too worried about litigation.......which seems to be the way of our world today, and more particularly it seems at Oatlands. 

Got to be better options than there anyway!

Exactly the reason my club refused to deal with the issue. which was ridiculous as he did not have any grounds to take the club to litigation.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#36 F.C.

F.C.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20241 posts
  • Location.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:57 PM

Hard to imagine you upsetting anyone!

I don't like humans.
  • Goldy likes this

#37 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2974 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

I have very fond memories of Oatlands Golf Club, my girlfriend at the time had her high school formal there and I duly attended, drank too much, made an ass of myself as westies do.

• pt73, Commish, Madam and 6 others like this

#38 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:44 PM

I have very fond memories of Oatlands Golf Club, my girlfriend at the time had her high school formal there and I duly attended, drank too much, made an ass of myself as westies do.

And on which, ah,... Green? Did you score a "hole in one"?
  • Bluethunda likes this

#39 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2974 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

And on which, ah,... Green? Did you score a "hole in one"?

Were you there? I can't remember which green, there was an alfresco area where we were drinking and one thing led to another and we made sweet passionate love on the downslope of a green, might have been the 18th?. Very difficult explaining the grass stains on the elbows of my hire suit to my ma.

• Commish, Weetbix and hack2489 like this

#40 upnin

upnin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1463 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:02 PM

Were you there? I can't remember which green, there was an alfresco area where we were drinking and one thing led to another and we made sweet passionate love on the downslope of a green, might have been the 18th?. Very difficult explaining the grass stains on the elbows of my hire suit to my ma.

Ah, aint love grand!  :wub:

#41 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14119 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

I don't like humans.

Or cats apparently..   Speaking of cats... f uckin Parra, they are killin me.

• Schmuck and F.C. like this
The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#42 F.C.

F.C.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20241 posts
  • Location.

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

Or cats apparently..   Speaking of cats... f uckin Parra, they are killin me.

They are farked, cats, Parra and humans.
  • Commish likes this

#43 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:06 PM

Exactly the reason my club refused to deal with the issue. which was ridiculous as he did not have any grounds to take the club to litigation.

You hear threats of litigation, very few follow through. This cheat did, lost and got a nice report in the Herald

https://www.smh.com....624-gpqsl2.html
  • Goldy and Lukos87 like this

#44 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14590 posts

Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

Here is a recent one out of Qld

Australian golfer loses membership for being 'rude and unpleasant' but wins it back in Supreme Court ca

http://www.golf.com/...reme-court-case

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#45 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

Here is a recent one out of Qld

Australian golfer loses membership for being 'rude and unpleasant' but wins it back in Supreme Court ca

http://www.golf.com/...reme-court-case

Does seem like the process was unfair and committees aren't necessarily full of people with experience in due process.

• hack2489 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users