#61 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

Yeah the workshop is a good place to start I figure ........ it should allow me to see what if anything my base distance is .....

And, so what are the current distances?

#62 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2268 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

I'm closing in on my 70th birthday and I'm hitting the ball as far as I ever did. I realised some time back that if I was to continue to swing the way that I did, I wouldn't be playing golf for very much longer. My approach has been to completely eliminate every possible compensation and flaw that existed in my swing. Basically, I follow the TGM methodology.

I might add, my back is in pretty poor shape and I manage to keep playing by making regular visits to my chiropractor. A small price to pay to keep my on the course :)

Edited by Jack_Golfer, 19 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.

• iRON MiCK and hack2489 like this

#63 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1487 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

I'm closing in on my 70th birthday and I'm hitting the ball as far as I ever did. I realised some time back that if I was to continue to swing the way that I did, I wouldn't be playing golf for very much longer. My approach has been to completely eliminate every possible compensation and flaw that existed in my swing. Basically, I follow the TGM methodology.

I might add, my back is in pretty poor shape and I manage to keep playing by making regular visits to my chiropractor. A small price to pay to keep my on the course :)

Onya Jack-Golfer, it's good to see some of us have a couple of decades of golf left in us then...

Out of curiosity, what's your handicap? And how's it changed over the last 30 years (handicap system changes aside) ... can you give us some milestones of based on OTS scores over the past 30 years?

EDIT - I assume you've played golf for a few decades.

Edited by hack2489, 19 April 2018 - 02:08 PM.

#64 Jack_Golfer

Jack_Golfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2268 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Onya Jack-Golfer, it's good to see some of us have a couple of decades of golf left in us then...

Out of curiosity, what's your handicap? And how's it changed over the last 30 years (handicap system changes aside) ... can you give us some milestones of based on OTS scores over the past 30 years?

EDIT - I assume you've played golf for a few decades.

Hack,

Yes, I have played golf on and off, since I was in my teens. I had to give it away for 15 years while I had business commitments. I could never afford lessons in my early days, so I was self taught. Consequently, my swing was pretty awful. Currently playing on 13hcp, that is as low as I have ever been. I might say that my handicap is now probably being influenced by my health issues as much as my swing technique. I have good days and bad days but I'm just thankful to be able to be still playing. I also play senior pennants and its not a good idea to have a handicap that you can't play too ;)

Now days, I am not particularly interested in just lowering my handicap. Improving my swing is far more important to me and I am prepared to have absolute shockers, if that is what it takes to eliminate a swing flaw. Persistence and patience, coupled with a good plan, does pay dividends. 

Over the past few years, I have had major surgery and there have been some very dark times as a result. My focus on improving my golf swing, based on TGM, has been a constant motivator to keep me out of the depths of depression. Every little improvement is a moment of elation at achieving something new. As you will know, with golf, there is ALWAYS something new.

• GhettoGolfer and hack2489 like this

#65 Ink🐾

Ink🐾

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35453 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Looks like something Mouldy should try.

#66 koiom K. Asterisk*

koiom K. Asterisk*

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11735 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 19 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

Mouldy isn't erudite enough to comprehend TGM

• Weetbix and Hokey Pokey like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner
2017 Vic ISG Goldy Trophy Runner Up
2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
2018 ISG National Champion*
2018 Stink/GPJ Trophy Winner Gardiners Run OOM
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#67 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19710 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 19 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

And, so what are the current distances?

The driver is probably averaging around 230 - 240m. (I generally just go by the 12th hole at Beacy, a 380m uphill par 4. It's probably about 230m uphill off the tee to the 150m markers, which is somewhere around my usual mark (if I keep it out of the trees).

My new 3W would be about 210-215m I guess (I haven't really sussed out the number yet).

With just a normal swing (not trying to do anything with the swing) these are pretty much the numbers I'd be getting ...... 3 iron 185, 4I 175, 5I is 162, 6 is 151, 7I 140, 8I 129, 9I 120, PW110, GW100, SW85, LW73, Putter, usually about a foot short, or a foot past the hole, when its not lipping out.

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 19 April 2018 - 04:03 PM.

• Francie, iRON MiCK and hack2489 like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog, Gardiners Run.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#68 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:15 AM

Putter, usually about a foot short, or a foot past the hole, when its not lipping out.

Ha ha funny one 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users