Weetbix

Par in my sight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41867 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:16 PM

From feedback I hear from friends it’s gunna come down to two things Boz

The first is spin - if the short game spin and approach shot spin is good enough (and I suppose I’d say that you need to be at least at second tier ball level) then that’s the biggest hurdle jumped

Second is how clicky it feels/sounds - people do find the gel covers a bit clicky which isn’t preferred although I think if spin and visibility are both great then most will get over the clickiness

Everybody likes the visibility of the yellow balls and have no doubt that it helps visually - but the don’t trust the stopping power and they probably associate that with the feel / sound
  • The_Boz and hack2489 like this
Handicap
Best result: 2 over 74 at Hills International on 13 Feb 2016
Eagles: 21/10/16 17th Keysborough, 24/10/16 18th Woodlands, 15/4/18 16th Carbrook
Goal: A round at par or better!
Brisbane Fairways 2015 Club Champion
Winner: 2015 Nationals day 5 round at Links Hope Island
Winner: 2016 Nationals day 5 round at Woodlands
Winner: 2017 Nationals day 5 round at Bonnie Doon
South East Queensland Golf Group - Treasurer
http://www.brisbanef...ssocialgolf.com - Treasurer

#14402 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3082 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:26 PM

Hi Weeti,

Yes ,,,the time is now right for me to invest in finally getting the correct sound and feel ,,, it has been getting closer

but not close enough.

The new Titleist TourSoft is the initial target for the PTV 2.0 but I also want a second ball PTX 2.0 to tackle the

new Titleist AVX lower compression ProV1 ball.

I know now that they do not understand colour or brightness and that is my opening to more players here and in the

US as I am getting so many more Yellow ball players and Gel White players today than at any time in the past 14 years.

Just look at three balls in particular ,,, Velocity Orange and Pink plus DT TruSoft Yellow ,,,, they are all 1980 colour styles

in that they are dark and dull and not helpful at all on course let alone the extra darkness created by the Gold pearl on the

Velocity,,

Plus I am getting more sales in the US,,, small but really supportive feedback.

Plus I also believe this type of Blue could be very helpful and cool,,,, 

Attached File  Bright Blue Balls.JPG   81.99KB   1 downloads

Edited by The_Boz, 06 June 2018 - 09:34 PM.

• Weetbix and Littleman like this

The Vision Project | UVee Staybright Ball Tec | @visiongolfball by WJB | #byWJB

#14403 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

I have a question ,,,, what if I had my 4 piece Urethane available this year ,,,, a colleague is using the design

in the US and received a Gold Medal rating on the Hot List ,,, I am looking to add something special to it so it will

look like this,,,,,as I don't really like any of the urethane covered balls cover colours to date even the PTX Red is

not as bright as planned.

We are hoping to make the cover material in Australia,,,,,

attachicon.gifGel White - Sample 2016.JPG          attachicon.gifKlenot 6.JPG

And if I get things going this will be a future version,,,,,

attachicon.gifGlow Balls 1.JPG

For my money, the balls needs to look more like a "traditional" golf ball to get people to change.

I'd aim for the new 4 piece to match the current cover profiles of the red or blue or even green.

I'm also with Weeti, it's the spin profile and performance that matters.

If you can deliver a ball, that is essentially a Pro V1, V1x, TP5, TP5x or that ilk at a price point around the high $40's you'll be onto a winner. Golfers will try them if they look and feel like what they are use to, and won't be afraid of what their mates at the 19th have to heckle them about.

Hope that helps.

• The_Boz likes this

#14404 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Hi Weeti,

Yes ,,,the time is now right for me to invest in finally getting the correct sound and feel ,,, it has been getting closer

but not close enough.

The new Titleist TourSoft is the initial target for the PTV 2.0 but I also want a second ball PTX 2.0 to tackle the

new Titleist AVX lower compression ProV1 ball.

I know now that they do not understand colour or brightness and that is my opening to more players here and in the

US as I am getting so many more Yellow ball players and Gel White players today than at any time in the past 14 years.

Just look at three balls in particular ,,, Velocity Orange and Pink plus DT TruSoft Yellow ,,,, they are all 1980 colour styles

in that they are dark and dull and not helpful at all on course let alone the extra darkness created by the Gold pearl on the

Velocity,,

Plus I am getting more sales in the US,,, small but really supportive feedback.

Plus I also believe this type of Blue could be very helpful and cool,,,, 

attachicon.gifBright Blue Balls.JPG

Something like that is not as far off the standard as the 'gel' type covers, IMO, so, more golfers would be included to try them.

I also think, if you offered clubs a special price to have them become 'the ball' in the comp run down each week for a few months, that would also help penetrate the market.

• The_Boz likes this

#14405 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3082 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Hi Hack,,, thanks for the input,,,,, Interesting days,,,,, for sure as there are some big moves going

on in the US market today that will perhaps flow through to our market next year which may change

many players ideas about the price they pay for normal premium golf balls,,,,,but there is a lawsuit

in play and not until I see what happens there will I really know where the market will head down hear.

Currently we are testing all the balls in ball comps in about 50+ proshops including the multilayer

Red and Blue PTX ,,, one ball win any Vision ball. 

I am aiming to release a normal looking bright white PTX RED 2.0  | 4 piece thermoset urethane cover

that will aim itself above the Titleist TourSoft in performance and directly at the new AVX - ProV1 version.

This ball will be about $4/$5 retail in a proshop and will be in the ball comp of many clubs.

But it is not my long game idea ,,,, I am wanting to develop the future not look too much at the past

as that is the real way to win going forward and especially so in the US and UK plus perhaps

Korea and Japan.

See how you go with the balls I sent ,,, they are just the beginning.  ;)

Cheers,

Boz

Edited by The_Boz, 07 June 2018 - 08:57 PM.

• hack2489 likes this

#14406 dead last

dead last

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:17 PM

Boz, I reckon you could push into pro-shops with your X version balls. There is a guy I play with that has started using the Blue & he loves it. He is a 5 handicapper with a very smooth swing & a very consistent golfer. He has just recently purchased some balls off you in the red & blue.

If you could contact our pro-shop or contact the lady that runs the shop I am sure you could certainly get some balls started there. I can give you her contact details if you are interested through private message.

I would be happy to purchase your balls from our pro-shop if you get them in there.

Edited by dead last, 07 June 2018 - 10:18 PM.

• The_Boz likes this

#14407 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

...  a colleague is using the design in the US and received a Gold Medal rating on the Hot List ...

????

Attached File  2018-06-08 (1).png   246.53KB   0 downloads

#14408 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

Tried the protour X red n blue out against my known baseline ball, the Titleist Pro V1 yesterday. Covered some putting and short game then played 12 holes hitting all three off the tee and approach shots.

Blue is definitely longer for me.

Red a tad shorter.

Blue needs less effort, energy, to get same distance on chips n putting, so will need more finesse on faster greens. It needed less carry and more roll too.

Red feels close to the v1, only slightly more roll but distance is around a half club shorter.

I think, feel, a ball that has the blue distance but the red feel would be a good fit for me.

I'm keen to try them on harder, dryer greens to see how they land and stop. Greens were soft yesterday after some rain last 24hours.

I also used the vision glove and it was very comfortable, flexible and good grip. A very different style feel to traditional style golf gloves. I like it a lot. I also think it will be a lot cooler in the warmer months, hotter says. Less sweating inside the glove.

Edit - and geez, the red n blue are much brighter and wear better than the V1. Very noticeable difference.

Edited by hack2489, 09 June 2018 - 01:29 PM.

• The_Boz, Commish and Madam like this

#14409 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8648 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

Played golf in murky overcast conditions yesterday at Royal Coona with the occasional sprinkle of rain..... which brought the 3 month total to 7.5mls wahoo

Anyhow I digress, played with a visitor who stood on the 1st tee with a pink Wilson DuoSoft ball. There was a chorus of warnings for him as the local black feathered mongrel bastards are that effing desperate for anything that resembles food, balls of all colours have taken flight and disappeared of late.....

So old mate says I've had problems seeing my white balls and I've started using these...

On the tee we could see the ball

and then he hit it

Pickle my Grandmother George, where the flocking hell did that go .......

All three of us watching looked at each other and none of us had seen the ball in flight

Off down the fairway we went and located the pink ball thinking that this is going to be a long day...... The consensus was that it was hard to see in flight, hard to see on fairways and around the greens.....

So being a kind person I rummaged through my bag and found a slightly used yellow Vision ball and said "mate this is what a coloured ball should look like, take this and try it sometime"

He looked at it side by side his pink ball and said "Wow, the difference in colour brightness is chalk and cheese"

He managed to get through the front nine holes without the resident ball thieves showing any interest in his pink ball, more than likely couldn't see it, and decided to put yellow ball into play on the 10th hole....

Hit off and turned to us all and said "I can see that easy as"

All was good in the world, he was happy with the ball performance wise and viability wise .... that was until the 14th hole when after playing his 2nd shot on the par 5 and all concerned seeing where his shot had finished, assisted in a search for another players ball, that ball found we drove to where the yellow ball had finished and it was gone.....

Resident ball thieves could obviously easily see the bright ball and had taken flight with it...... bugger

Anyways he is a mexican and hasn't had any issues with ball thieves at his home course and he will be making a purchase of some bright yellow balls of goodness that he can see clearly from Mr Boz.... 

• Madam likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#14410 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3082 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Thanks Peg,,,,, crows ,,, make me sad!  :(

#14411 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

Thanks Peg,,,,, crows ,,, make me sad!  :(

Me to  :( 

BUT THE POWER   :wub:

• The_Boz likes this

#14412 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

All those muppets who play prov1's & 1x's with double digit caps need to take a real hard look in the mirror.

Can't wait for the next gen

As one such Muppet, I have now had a chance to try the ptx red and blue against the V1 and V1x,

Blue is definitely longer off the driver for me, about 20m longer on average. With my new swing, I'm finding I'm about 220-230m off the tee with V1 and V1x and ptx blue.

Ptx red, is about 10m behind.

Ptx blue feels to me like a slightly softer V1x.

Ptx red is similar to a V1 in feel to me.

I've noticed the blue seems to fly higher, even on chip shots. It does need a little more space to roll out on chip shots, but held greens well from 95m - 150m (PW - 5i)

I've contacted Boz to get some more blue n red as I've disbursed a few at colonial on Monday.

Edited by hack2489, 13 June 2018 - 10:55 AM.

• The_Boz and Notupnotin like this

#14413 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5328 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

Colonial. The great ball swallower. They used to mow the rough tight right to the waters edge so even balls landing at the edge of the fairway would roll in.
What condition was it?
  • The_Boz and hack2489 like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550
What can possibly go wrong?

#14414 hack2489

hack2489

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

Colonial. The great ball swallower. They used to mow the rough tight right to the waters edge so even balls landing at the edge of the fairway would roll in.
What condition was it?

Course was good.

Rough had an 'edge' about an inch higher than the fairway all around so the 'roll' into water wasn't a factor.

Greens were good. Bunkers had good quality and quantity of sand too.

We'll have to play there for a Friday afternoon round. If it's as empty as Monday, we'll get 18 in if we tee of by 1pm. Price ATM after 12.30 is $59.50 for 18 with cart.
  • The_Boz likes this

#14415 Toph

Toph

No golf allowed

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5328 posts
  • LocationProbably at work

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

Not this week.
  • hack2489 likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4070201550