14331 replies to this topic

#14326 Theguru

Theguru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

I’ve said this before but IMO the importance of the ball increases as ball striking (both long and short game) improves.
For most of us, because we are only average ball strikers, the ball is not that important.
I think most players play a ball based on marketing, when in actual fact if they played a cheap ball their score would be no different.
I think the Vision PTX Blue is the best fit for me: mid range price, all around good ball.
One thing I know for certain: a ProV1 is a total waste of money for me
  • The_Boz, pegasus2357, Goldy and 1 other like this

#14327 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:06 AM

Here's the thing,,,,what I like to hear is how a large number of regular handicap players at least understand

what they like or don't like in regards to feel and perhaps sound when putting and chipping ,,, they dont talk

that much about spin any more ,,,, there has been too much talk about spinning the ball over the past 18 years.

I am looking at how to move away from packaging in proshops for all my designs ,,,,in order to hit price points

with any of my designs so they can be bought for 3 / $10 including urethane designs,,,, this way players will

end up picking the right ball and colour or print style for their game ,,,, all the balls will play well but they will

have a different feel / sound and variations in how they could play depending on your skill set but no ball will

compromise your scoring ability no matter what level.

• Commish, Madam and PuttOvr like this

The Vision Project | UVee Staybright Ball Tec | @visiongolfball by WJB | #byWJB

#14328 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13779 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

Hey Boz..

I have found a bit of a problem with the PS808 balls.  I kept putting them in my pocket during my round today and they kept falling out.  1 fell out in the far corner of the practice green, 1 fell out to the side of the green on the 6th hole, 1 fell out at the back of the 9th green, 1 fell out on the grass verge as I was walking between the 9th and 10th and another fell out in the middle of the fairway on the 14th.  I hope they go to good homes.. ;)

• The_Boz, Madam, iRON MiCK and 1 other like this
The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#14329 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 13302 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

Hey Boz..

I have found a bit of a problem with the PS808 balls.  I kept putting them in my pocket during my round today and they kept falling out.  1 fell out in the far corner of the practice green, 1 fell out to the side of the green on the 6th hole, 1 fell out at the back of the 9th green, 1 fell out on the grass verge as I was walking between the 9th and 10th and another fell out in the middle of the fairway on the 14th.  I hope they go to good homes.. ;)

Better sew up the hole in your pocket!

• The_Boz and Commish like this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#14330 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8494 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 20 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

Hey Boz..

I have found a bit of a problem with the PS808 balls. I kept putting them in my pocket during my round today and they kept falling out. 1 fell out in the far corner of the practice green, 1 fell out to the side of the green on the 6th hole, 1 fell out at the back of the 9th green, 1 fell out on the grass verge as I was walking between the 9th and 10th and another fell out in the middle of the fairway on the 14th. I hope they go to good homes.. ;)

Fark me I thought that was only used to get NTP prizes....
  • The_Boz and PuttOvr like this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#14331 The_Boz

The_Boz

#iplayvision

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

;)  :D  :wub:  thanks commish