1 reply to this topic

#1 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

What do we think of something like this? Anyone tried one or have something similar? I've got an old Garmin watch that I mostly only can use for Front, Middle and Back of greens. Not super accurate. 

https://shotscope.com/how-v2-works/

I like the concept of collating and using info re stats etc but wonder if it's a bit to fiddly to record them on the course? 

S'pose as it knows what club you're using then you walk to your ball and then pick the next club. It would know you're on the green when you're putting...unless you putt from just off the green. Not sure how it works things out then? Also would think it needs to know where the pin actually is to assist accurately. Pity you can't put some sort of locator on the actual pins. When you think about it, one of these things would work best in conjunction with a laser pin seeker thing. Locate that off the tee and then off you go. Or am I overthinking this..?? 

#2 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1483 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 18 March 2018 - 04:18 PM

Looks like another of the "shot tracking" devices like Arccoss, Game Golf, Beagle, etc.

I think I've decided to keep technology out of my game and just use pencil n scorecard to track things.

I do use a range finder though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users