18 replies to this topic

#1 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

Seems like for a big city we don't necessarily have all the bases covered as much as we should. 

Anyone know of 'The Guy' to see for these aspects of the game in Sydney? 

#2 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8912 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:46 AM

Seems like for a big city we don't necessarily have all the bases covered as much as we should. 

Precision golf

Pureform

and Ridge golf course has a putting studio where can get fitted.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#3 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:35 PM

Looking for instruction more than clubfitting. 

#4 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17592 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 15 March 2018 - 08:50 PM

They're both vital components.

Used to be that all top players used blades now plenty use mallets.

Are you using the best style of putter ?
  • madness likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#5 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

The problem I find with putter fitting is that it is mostly static and still focused on alignment. Even the cool clubs putter fit I had with all the cameras, the fitter was still trying to line me up at address and talking about having less rotation through the stroke. Even though we know Tiger sets up open and squares the face at impact and Jordan Speith admitted last year he spent too much time trying to perfect his putting stroke and didn't putt as well. I think fitting is really important and I like the science but it shouldn't be fighting the individuals natural tendencies.

• Monty85 likes this

#6 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:37 AM

Have been to Puregolf and had the fitting. Came out with a 2 ball mallet with a lot of weight in the handle. Never really liked it and never really got used to it. Came up short quite a lot due to the perceived weight of the putter. Probably decelerating too. Currently just got an Evnroll thing from Ebay which feels nice but suspect it isn't fitting properly.  

#7 333pg333

333pg333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 05:40 AM

Have been to Puregolf and had the fitting. Came out with a 2 ball mallet with a lot of weight in the handle. Never really liked it and never really got used to it. Came up short quite a lot due to the perceived weight of the putter. Probably decelerating too. Currently just got an Evnroll thing from Ebay which feels nice but suspect it isn't fitting properly.  

Yeah tend to agree. Problem is also what facilities you have at your Golf course. Not many of us have a US style Country Club setup with massive practice areas. We've got 3 bay net and a practice green with different feeling grass and no holes. Awesome. 

#8 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

The problem I find with putter fitting is that it is mostly static and still focused on alignment.

I agree, putter fittings like any fitting can be a little bit artificial as when I are actually playing golf you not just standing there and hitting the same shot time and time again.

However I can't imagine being able to hit good consist putts if u can't line up proper....

Even though we know Tiger sets up open and squares the face at impact

Really, I've never heard of of this.....ever!!!

Tiger is an arc putter were is sets up square to the target line and keeps the blade square to the arc. He takes it back a little inside and then releases the blade on the way through.

I personally don't like adding extra weights in the putter to keep it stable during the putting stroke.

I think fitting is really important and I like the science but it shouldn't be fighting the individuals natural tendencies.

When it comes to putting most people's natural tendencies are ****..... especially the ppl on golf forums. Hahaha

Edited by mrbluu, 18 March 2018 - 02:19 PM.

• Bluethunda, iRON MiCK and madness like this

#9 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 March 2018 - 07:30 PM

I agree, putter fittings like any fitting can be a little bit artificial as when I are actually playing golf you not just standing there and hitting the same shot time and time again.

However I can't imagine being able to hit good consist putts if u can't line up proper....

Really, I've never heard of of this.....ever!!!

Tiger is an arc putter were is sets up square to the target line and keeps the blade square to the arc. He takes it back a little inside and then releases the blade on the way through.

I personally don't like adding extra weights in the putter to keep it stable during the putting stroke.

When it comes to putting most people's natural tendencies are ****..... especially the ppl on golf forums. Hahaha

Sorry if it's a bit rude to post a link to another forum but here is the link.

https://thesandtrap....uttlab-numbers/

I believe it is quite common. I aim my putter 5 degrees to the right at address but square it up at impact without fail. The more someone tries to square me up at address the worse I putt. My body has a bias where the left side closes and the right side opens. My collar sits on the left hand side of my neck and my belt buckle turns to the right during the day. I set up awesome as a left hander but unfortunately I can't hit it 50m left handed.  :( My swing is steep and I love hitting short irons but can't hit a fairway with the driver. I hit a lot of 3 woods off the tee.

There are very few people who are perfectly balanced. Nearly everyone has a bias of some sort. Not only are we right or left handed we can favour a leg or an eye or some people hold themselves up with their abdominals while others hold themselves up with their spine. Tiger is pigeon toed which means his hips are tight and he doesn't turn that well. His swing has always been steep compared to an Ernie Els or Adam Scott who have hips that open when they walk. Hence why I think he needs to set the face open at address to allow for the closing of the club on the way through.

Something a little off topic but still related is why they don't run clockwise in athletic events. It is known that horses can favour a certain direction and running anti clockwise especially at speed would clearly favour some athletes.

#10 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:16 PM

Sorry if it's a bit rude to post a link to another forum but here is the link.

https://thesandtrap....uttlab-numbers/

I believe it is quite common. I aim my putter 5 degrees to the right at address but square it up at impact without fail. The more someone tries to square me up at address the worse I putt. My body has a bias where the left side closes and the right side opens. My collar sits on the left hand side of my neck and my belt buckle turns to the right during the day. I set up awesome as a left hander but unfortunately I can't hit it 50m left handed.  :( My swing is steep and I love hitting short irons but can't hit a fairway with the driver. I hit a lot of 3 woods off the tee.

There are very few people who are perfectly balanced. Nearly everyone has a bias of some sort. Not only are we right or left handed we can favour a leg or an eye or some people hold themselves up with their abdominals while others hold themselves up with their spine. Tiger is pigeon toed which means his hips are tight and he doesn't turn that well. His swing has always been steep compared to an Ernie Els or Adam Scott who have hips that open when they walk. Hence why I think he needs to set the face open at address to allow for the closing of the club on the way through.

Something a little off topic but still related is why they don't run clockwise in athletic events. It is known that horses can favour a certain direction and running anti clockwise especially at speed would clearly favour some athletes.

If that is legit, then I've learnt something new. Thanks.

• madness likes this

#11 thecustomgolfpro

thecustomgolfpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

What are you looking for and what are your expectations?

#12 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Good luck. I'm still trying to find a coach that incorporates strike in to the lessons let alone someone that actually deals with short game properly.

| GolfLink 

#13 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

Good luck. I'm still trying to find a coach that incorporates strike in to the lessons let alone someone that actually deals with short game properly.

What do you mean by strike?

#14 Monty85

Monty85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts
  • LocationWestern Sydney

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:31 AM

What do you mean by strike?

As in measures/monitors strike through launch monitors.

| GolfLink 

#15 mrbluu

mrbluu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1253 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

As in measures/monitors strike through launch monitors.

You mean strike on the club face??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users