#1 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 March 2018 - 03:36 PM

Hi Bruce 
Hope this has not been asked before and if so how do i search for it.
My question is: In the past 4 months I have pulled out of club comps because of a back injury, I would think my back was ok get 3 holes into a game and bang... limp back to my car and 2 weeks of work and golf. My local pro told me to be careful with pulling out of to many games or golf link will 
Take my handy cap away. To get my handy cap back it would take 3 months of rounds and new cards and would not be able to compete. This has not happened to me but makes things hard when you have a dodgy back.
do you know how many DQs it takes to loose yu handicap 

This is a carton of beer for your trouble 
Thanks PuttOvr

Attached Files

#2 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24105 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

The answer is 5.
The solution is to call at the pro shop on the way out and explain that you are injured and cannot go on. Instead of 'disqualified', a 'no score - approved' will be recorded and that won't affect your handicap.
  • Madam and Bluethunda like this

#3 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2970 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:53 PM

Played with plenty of blokes who developed a "bad back" during a comp round, always seems to be stroke rounds where they are having more shots than a Tarantino film. 

#4 PuttOvr

PuttOvr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

Played with plenty of blokes who developed a "bad back" during a comp round, always seems to be stroke rounds where they are having more shots than a Tarantino film. 

Nice one,......    Robinator  always enjoy bit of banter 

#5 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2970 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

Nice one,......    Robinator  always enjoy bit of banter 

Don't take it the wrong way, I wasn't accusing you of that, the blokes I played with were fine when they were striping it, but, a few triple bogeys later and it was "My back!"

• Bluethunda likes this

#6 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18021 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:05 PM

We have a couple of those but they don't limit it to stroke rounds. They seem to think there's some prestige to be a chopper off a singles cap.

Makes it easy to beat them from my perspective.
  • Bluethunda likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#7 koiom K Frenzy

koiom K Frenzy

Anyone for a Cuppa?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11634 posts
  • LocationJDM heaven

Posted 14 March 2018 - 08:44 AM

More prestigious than lowering yourself via h'cap manipulation into C Grade and still not coming away with the chocolates

• pom, Goldy, Snappy McSnapperton and 2 others like this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3011891841

2012 Curlewis OOM#5 A Grade NTP
2013 Beaconhills Invitational Classic 3rd Place
2013 Stink 3 Club Challenge NAGA
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2014 Heritage OOM#3 A Grade NTP
2014 Bendigo Slog Pairs Winner with Ghetto
2014 Vic ISG Matchplay Runner Up
2015 Vic ISG Matchplay Semi Finalist
2016 Keysborough GC April Medal Winner
2016 ISG Race to 6 Winner
2017 Torquay OOM#3 A Grade Winner
2017 Moonah OOM#4 A Grade Runner Up
2017 Overall A Grade OOM Winner

2017 Overall All Grade OOM Runner Up

2018 Bacon Wide Tour Keysie Invitational Winner
Have never been beaten by Mick off the stick

#8 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9106 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

Under the new USGA rules, coming into effect soon, if I am reading correctly, the maximum score rule can prevail and someone will just pick up in a stroke round as they do in Stableford and apply the Maximum score.

This should eliminate DQ's caused by golfers not wanting to go back to tee and hit another ball  as happens at our club during medal rounds.

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#9 Tonk

Tonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2620 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:34 PM

Under the new USGA rules, coming into effect soon, if I am reading correctly, the maximum score rule can prevail and someone will just pick up in a stroke round as they do in Stableford and apply the Maximum score.

This should eliminate DQ's caused by golfers not wanting to go back to tee and hit another ball as happens at our club during medal rounds.

I assume this is fine for handicapping purposes, but that any 'pick up' during a stroke round will eliminate the player from winning the stroke competition?

#10 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9106 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

I assume this is fine for handicapping purposes, but that any 'pick up' during a stroke round will eliminate the player from winning the stroke competition?

No Tonk it looks like a new rule and will operate in stroke round same as for a stableford round ie pick up once go over the maximum.

The question is what is maximum, as it will be left to the committee running the event.

13. “Maximum Score” Form of Stroke Play

Current Rule: The Rules now recognise two main forms of stroke play:

•  The basic form of stroke play where a player must hole out at every hole, or else is disqualified (Rule 3), and

•  The Stableford form of play where a point scoring system is used and a player who scores two or more than the fixed score or does not finish the hole simply gets zero points for that hole (Rule 32).

Proposed Rule: “Maximum Score” would be a new, additional form of stroke play:

•  A player’s score for each hole is capped at a maximum set by the Committee, which may be fixed (such as 6, 8, 10, etc.), related to par (such as two times par or triple bogey), or related to the player’s handicap (such as net double bogey).

•  A player who does not complete a hole (often referred to informally as “picking up”) would not be disqualified, but simply gets the maximum score for the hole.

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

#11 Tonk

Tonk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2620 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

Can see that working in club champs. Hits his first two off the 18th tee into the piss and declares he'll take the maximum 7 when he could quite possibly have had a 10.

Wins by 2 strokes....and all hell breaks loose.
  • Francie, Monty85, Goldy and 3 others like this

#12 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5570 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:36 PM

I don't see clubs using it in proper comps or tournaments. Maybe in B/ C grade Championships and Monthly Medal, but they're designed for choppers anyway so no one actually cares. 

• Francie, Monty85 and MaxxOn like this

#13 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9106 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:17 PM

Can see that working in club champs. Hits his first two off the 18th tee into the piss and declares he'll take the maximum 7 when he could quite possibly have had a 10.

Wins by 2 strokes....and all hell breaks loose.

I don't see clubs using it in proper comps or tournaments. Maybe in B/ C grade Championships and Monthly Medal, but they're designed for choppers anyway so no one actually cares. 

Tonk I agree, The new rules allow the committee to set the maximum number, so when while Itchys club might have a max of 8, when a playa enters comp at another course the max might be 7.

It would have been better for USGA to set the maximum handicap rather than leaving it to the committee.

lt certainly going to be a new and different golf world, especially when also consider players will be able to put in mickey mouse cards for handicapping on social rounds, handicaps will be varied

Edited by Can Break 80, 14 March 2018 - 02:20 PM.

#14 MaxxOn

MaxxOn

On Top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20222 posts
  • LocationThe Burrow

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:19 PM

At least Mick will be happy.
  • Francie and iRON MiCK like this

#15 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38719 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:29 PM

I'd have liked a maximum of 8 on Saturday...

• MaxxOn likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them....

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users