64 replies to this topic

#31 Birdie Blitz

Birdie Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:02 PM

Ohhhh Bundoora. How could I have forgotten that shithole.

The memories are flooding back now.

#32 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6866 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 28 February 2018 - 04:38 PM

Melton is coping a bit of stick. I used to play there a bit (years back) always found it in good nick with a solid layout. I mean it is not making any top 100 list but it certainly not a goat track.

Unless it has gone downhill in the last 10 years I'd prefer to play there then any metro public course that I have played - Northcote, Royal Park, Yarra Bend, Freeway, Ringwood, Albert Park, Westgate, Altona Lakes, Bundoora, Brighton, Airport.

Mind you I'd pretty much play anywhere to get a hit of golf in.

personelly i don't like the track has some good holes to be honest....however the last time i played there was in the north western pennant last season  and the course looked the best i have seen it.  the current president of my club and i  was impressed, in which i think made my club President look more closely at his own course.....

wittlesea many people will say this is a dive of a joint becuase the fairways are not great etc however this course is not bad layout...  i have not played the course but caddied for  our #2 in vga pennant so i have walked the course...

sometimes  i think we judge to hardly on what is the worse courses and what we all currently play off compared to some country courses.

i have played a course where golf is only played in the summer months  and the ground is that hard its like concrete and the only way ya can play the course is of   dried weed  but mind you take driver on a par 5 on this course ya likely to fly the green :D 

i think we all would like to see pristine courses where we want to play but alot of clubs suffer not just members or green fee players  but they may not have  the water allocations to get water  onto the fairways  or greens in which some have to rivert back to sand scrapes..

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#33 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3018 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:14 AM

Ohhhh Bundoora. How could I have forgotten that shithole.

Was wondering when it was going to be mentioned as I started reading this thread lol.

Admittedly though I dont mind playing this course when I need a confidence boost. Nothing better than a dead straight track up and back. People complain about eagle ridge.... this is 10 x worse lol

Edited by Chopper Man, 01 March 2018 - 07:15 AM.

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts

OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#34 Liberton

Liberton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 11:27 AM

The memories are flooding back now.

Played Bundoora many times as a mate lived next door, not sure Ive ever thought it was decent, but I also played Strathallen (next to La Trobe Uni) and the old 6 hole course at RMIT Bundoora (its now got multi storey units on it) and the 3 of them were fine for someone who knew nothing of good golf courses.

Not sure how Melton got mentioned on this topic, have played pennant there quite a few times and every time we went there it got better as the fairways bedded in, greens never a problem.

#35 ElHosel

ElHosel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:03 PM

Eastern Sward, Rossdale.

Worst driving range = Skye, absolute mess of a place. Cigarette marks on the mats which are almost worn down to the cement and uneven, practice fairway is just mowed weeds.

The one time I went, there was 2 blokes ripping bongs in the car next to me, then a different 2 blokes on the range sharing a goon bag with some sort of radio turned up full bore, another bloke in the bay next to me didn't stop smoking and simultaneously coughing his guts up the whole time I was there, was very happy to see the car was still waiting for me when I returned.

Cops would make a mint setting up on that road, reckon 80% of the punters were off chops on something or other.

• StewyGriffin, iRON MiCK and koiom K Frenzy like this

#36 THREE OFF THE TEE

THREE OFF THE TEE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

Is eastern sward the one near the **** tanks?

looks good on the google pictures lol

#37 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3111 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Being a beginner and trying out the public courses that are around town I have narrowed it down to two courses that I think the council would be better off developing :

- Brighton Public

- Elsternwick

These are absolute shockers and make Sunshine and Melbounre Airport look like PGA quality courses.

Comment......

Airport is an institution! With possibly the smallest greens anywhere in Vic outside of mini golf

For those that haven't been to Elsternwick, it is far worse than Northcote, Brighton isnt too far behind either 

Gotta be the most experienced beginner ever :D

• GhettoGolfer and El Barto like this

#38 THREE OFF THE TEE

THREE OFF THE TEE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:21 PM

Bought clubs in December and try to hit twice a week, from never having played at all before 30 odd years.

Beginner methinks?

#39 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3111 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:30 PM

Bought clubs in December and try to hit twice a week, from never having played at all before 30 odd years.

Beginner methinks?

No probs there TOTT. You've played more courses in a few months than I have in 5 years :)

When I first started (30 years ago) I wouldn't have known a good course from a bad one for 10 years or more. Still don't have much idea actually. Never mind which ones have small or big greens. I'm flat out getting the ball from tee to hole without pondering that stuff.

To me golf courses are like beers. There's no bad ones, just some are better than others.

• GhettoGolfer, Birdie Blitz and THREE OFF THE TEE like this

#40 WasabiPea_Shooter

WasabiPea_Shooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4312 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 03:54 PM

Go to Waverley Golf.

Elsternwick may be nirvana by comparison.

Melton Valley, Northcote...also utter crap.

Glen Waverley GC jells rd  , get the hell outa here,  thats one of the better ones . the 5H rounds are something else but the track aint too bad 

#41 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4537 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

I regularly drive past Royal Edithvale which looks pretty basic, but always appears (from the passing car) to be in good nick.  Have often thought I should take the bats down there to have a go.

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#42 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24091 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 15 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

I regularly drive past Royal Edithvale which looks pretty basic, but always appears (from the passing car) to be in good nick.  Have often thought I should take the bats down there to have a go.

Isn't that Cheltenham?

#43 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19606 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:02 PM

There's one shitehole of a course down Black Rock way, on Cheltenham Road I believe, oh wait ... you said "public course" didn't you .... sorry, my bad .... :rolleyes:

• Francie likes this

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#44 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38685 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:28 PM

Glen Waverley GC jells rd  , get the hell outa here,  thats one of the better ones . the 5H rounds are something else but the track aint too bad 

Not that one...the one in Rowville.

• WasabiPea_Shooter likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them....

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#45 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13879 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

I enjoyed the Jells Rd Course. You get what you pay for.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users