#16 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 27 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

I have no interest in a pro shop donation. Hell, come to think of it, comps aren't yet run at times to suit my lifestyle and work schedule.

Besides, I can't hit a decent shot ATM, so going onto a course likely weeks away. Comp golf, a long way off.

Damn golf swing.

#17 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8568 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:41 PM

Like most clubs we have the club comp. in our case the comp is included in our annual subs.

Additionally, we have a pro-comp which includes the NTPs. It's normally $5 a time and $10 on medal days. Usually 2 NTPs and 4 on medal day which pay $50 each. A Pro comp win is between $100-200.

The top 10-15% get their money back each day.

So for me it's about $600 per year.

I've decided it's just not worth it regardless how well I play. With winning scores in the mid 40s (today +11) one win per year would require me to break 80. Koiom or Wozz have to shoot par.

Mouldy one
As my club hasn't had a pro for years I'm struggling a little with an answer...
You state that your membership covers your comp fees.... does that include the orize pool for the comp if the day
Does Pro Shop comp make a earner for the Pro?
Is that earner essential for the Pro Shops survival?
The later based on an assumption from what I've heard around the traps that a lot of Pro's struggle to make a earner as it is...
One could nearly say this discussion follows the same discussion as social rounds in comp

VTTP 006

Miracle

#18 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8568 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Base don what I have been told recently.... you are supposed to be satisfied in knowing that you are covering the "administration costs" of running the optional comp...and sleep soundly knowing that you are helping the pro shop be financially sustainable.

Comp fees are the stamp duty of the golf club industry.

Is that a new millennial term....
Ummm from one who has seen the monetary figures behind the upkeep of a small course one can see easily how clubs struggle to keep the doors open let alone maintain the course..... throw in the current drought..... fark me every dollar is vital

VTTP 006

Miracle

#19 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17823 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:02 PM

Mouldy one
As my club hasn't had a pro for years I'm struggling a little with an answer...
You state that your membership covers your comp fees.... does that include the orize pool for the comp if the day
Does Pro Shop comp make a earner for the Pro?
Is that earner essential for the Pro Shops survival?
The later based on an assumption from what I've heard around the traps that a lot of Pro's struggle to make a earner as it is...
One could nearly say this discussion follows the same discussion as social rounds in comp

2 prize pools. One for all members and no fees on the day, it's an unpublished part of the annual fees. The other for the benefit of either the pro or pro-shop (owned by the club) and based on a daily fee. I don't know who benefits.

Our pro shop bleeds a huge amount each year. Like many if not most, it relies on low volume high margin equipment sales. Hopefully, our growing membership will generate more tuition fees.

That said, many people have their own coach and maybe the club pro is a model that doesn't work anymore. I don't have the precise numbers so can't make an informed comment.
  • madness likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#20 Snappy McSnapperton

Snappy McSnapperton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1778 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 07:00 PM

Base don what I have been told recently.... you are supposed to be satisfied in knowing that you are covering the "administration costs" of running the optional comp...and sleep soundly knowing that you are helping the pro shop be financially sustainable.

Comp fees are the stamp duty of the golf club industry.

You take it well so thats the main thing
  • MaxxOn likes this

If I can win an OOM anyone can. 

http://www.golflink....k_no=3012646041

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users