#31 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1348 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 23 February 2018 - 06:33 AM

Thanks for the link. OK so I spent a fair bit of time up in the NT (where I met Paul) and even all these years later anything under 25 and Im cold. Will see how brave I am :-)

Understand.

But.

That link I posted and temp is for the water. A bath like 23... No wetsuit needed.
  • Mrs Chook Norris likes this

#32 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 13825 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 08:24 AM

Madam my sister just informed me that she doesn't like golf but likes the driving range, can you recommend one at all please?  We may just have a dabble at a range over there.

Thanks

Chris

Here is link to golf in New Caledonia  https://www.newcaled...es/golf-de-tina

There is a range at the local horse race track! or a bit further out are TIna or Dumbea courses. Both have ranges.

• Mrs Chook Norris likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#33 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:15 PM

Great to see you visit us, Mrs Chook'.     Sorry, I can't help you with your trip but it's great to see you taking some time for yourself.    I really hope you have great weather and a prefect time....god knows you deserve it.    Keep getting through each day and take the best bits out of each one.     :wub:

Thanks Francie xxx

• iRON MiCK likes this

#34 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Here is link to golf in New Caledonia  https://www.newcaled...es/golf-de-tina

There is a range at the local horse race track! or a bit further out are TIna or Dumbea courses. Both have ranges.

• iRON MiCK likes this

#35 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4051 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

Now Chris, lets be honest here.......

You’re going to a South Pacific island in July, the middle of our winter. So know matter what the weather is like in Noumea at that time of year, I can promise you it’ll be a hell of a lot warmer and nicer than it will be up at your place.... ;)
And plonking your bum on a poolside bar sucking down cocktails all day you won’t even know or care what the weathers doing!!

And as for golf, I’ve played with a lot of the guys and gals on here and you’ve seen a few of them play as well, and what they play most of the time doesn’t really resemble golf anyways.....
So don’t be afraid of it!! :) ;)

Good to see you here, and looking forward to seeing you at another of our isg days...
I’m sure you’ll love your holiday.....

(Scott)
  • Commish, iRON MiCK and Mrs Chook Norris like this
Got an issue??

Here's a tissue!! 😭

#36 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:50 PM

Now Chris, lets be honest here.......

You’re going to a South Pacific island in July, the middle of our winter. So know matter what the weather is like in Noumea at that time of year, I can promise you it’ll be a hell of a lot warmer and nicer than it will be up at your place.... ;)
And plonking your bum on a poolside bar sucking down cocktails all day you won’t even know or care what the weathers doing!!

And as for golf, I’ve played with a lot of the guys and gals on here and you’ve seen a few of them play as well, and what they play most of the time doesn’t really resemble golf anyways.....
So don’t be afraid of it!! :) ;)

Good to see you here, and looking forward to seeing you at another of our isg days...
I’m sure you’ll love your holiday.....

(Scott)

:-)  Its kind of like this - my neighbour across the road has a pool, 43 during the day and I still could not get past the step to the pool as it was cold.  Right now its raining here and Im rugged up like it is the middle of winter.  

You are right though, it can't be anything like the middle of winter here when we get into the minus, we had -7 last year and ice everywhere including 1/4 inch on top of the car and grass.

I don't really drink though maybe one or two but thats ok Im sure it will be a nice break.  I also have a fear of drowning so if I was to sit at this bar for too long that could well be a possibility lol [attachment=8314:piscine-hotel-nouvelle-caledonie.jpg]

I had a look at one of those travel catalogues and it has a map of the islands and I never knew Noumea was only 2 and a bit hours away.

One needs to be able to actually hit a golf ball in order to attempt to play...you know those cartoons where someone just keeps swinging the club and misses - thats me.  Putt Putt is my game :-)  Maybe I should enrol into the Happy Gilmore School of Golf. Even our 3 year old grandson can hit the golf ball.  

Who knows GS, one day it may happen

• BarnEsy05, Groove_Snob and iRON MiCK like this

#37 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27257 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:16 PM

:-)  Its kind of like this - my neighbour across the road has a pool, 43 during the day and I still could not get past the step to the pool as it was cold.  Right now its raining here and Im rugged up like it is the middle of winter.  

You are right though, it can't be anything like the middle of winter here when we get into the minus, we had -7 last year and ice everywhere including 1/4 inch on top of the car and grass.

I don't really drink though maybe one or two but thats ok Im sure it will be a nice break.  I also have a fear of drowning so if I was to sit at this bar for too long that could well be a possibility lol attachicon.gifpiscine-hotel-nouvelle-caledonie.jpg

I had a look at one of those travel catalogues and it has a map of the islands and I never knew Noumea was only 2 and a bit hours away.

One needs to be able to actually hit a golf ball in order to attempt to play...you know those cartoons where someone just keeps swinging the club and misses - thats me.  Putt Putt is my game :-)  Maybe I should enrol into the Happy Gilmore School of Golf. Even our 3 year old grandson can hit the golf ball.  

Who knows GS, one day it may happen

And there we have it in stereo :)
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#38 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:44 AM

And there we have it in stereo :)

LOL just noticed that, not sure what happened

• iRON MiCK likes this

#39 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13904 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:37 PM

It's a holiday Chris and I would guess well deserved.  Just sit back and enjoy whatever it brings.  If the water is not your thing, their are plenty of sights to see.  Spend a day travelling through some of the little villages out of the main town area, gives you a different perspective.

• Madam likes this
The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#40 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

It's a holiday Chris and I would guess well deserved.  Just sit back and enjoy whatever it brings.  If the water is not your thing, their are plenty of sights to see.  Spend a day travelling through some of the little villages out of the main town area, gives you a different perspective.

I have been looking into that actually.  Also fairly certain we will be lounging near a bar somewhere near the water.  Shame they drive on the wrong side of the road or Id be day tripping all over :-)

• Commish and iRON MiCK like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users