• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:47 PM

Welcome aboard Mrs Chook, nice to have a bit of sanity in the place. Unfortunately it won’t last long. Don’t hold back on giving some of these boneheads a good lashing every now and then, some really enjoy it, especially Ink.

As for Noumea, haven’t been there for about 30 years but if it is anything like Fiji nothing will have changed. Very friendly people and the local cuisine is very . Plenty of old sites to see if you are into that stuff and boat trips. More of a kick back and chill place from my memory.

For up to date stuff just Google TripAdvisor Noumea. You will get a heap of info on what to do, costs, etc on there.

Stay tuned... I can feel some shenanigans coming on.

Thanks Commish :-) x  

I have looked at Tripadvisor and I am not sure if some people just like to moan about their holidays or not, just as many bad reviews as there are good.  

Shenanigans...I recall Paul chuckling many a time when reading the forum  :rolleyes:

• Tolmij and iRON MiCK like this

#17 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:56 PM

Hi there Mrs Chook Norris, never had the honour of meeting Paul, we did correspond on a few occasions and he had a terrific sense of humour.

Temperature is all important, like yourself if it drops below 25 it is time for the heater, perhaps you can look for some central heated bathers if you insist in going during the cold weather. I know nothing about Noumea apart from the fact it is not in Australia but think carefully about the timing of the holiday. We went to Hamilton Island during the winter, thinking it would be better but it was a mistake, our next venture up north was in the summer, even though it was extremely hot and humid the water temperature on the beaches was just right.

Enjoy your holiday and know we are all thinking of you.

Hi Tolmij, I always told Paul he wasn't funny, couldn't have him thinking everyone in the family thought he was funny.  Paul will argue with me about how funny he 'knew' he was.

I am told a wetsuit keeps you warm, might wear one of those in the pool and ocean.  We are booked to go so not able to change any of it. I am sure it will be lovely regardless if not I am sure there are plenty of cocktails we can spend the week trying.

Thank for your thoughts, they have certainly helped me xx

• Tolmij and iRON MiCK like this

#18 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13904 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:04 PM

Thanks Commish :-) x  

I have looked at Tripadvisor and I am not sure if some people just like to moan about their holidays or not, just as many bad reviews as there are good.  

Shenanigans...I recall Paul chuckling many a time when reading the forum  :rolleyes:

Yep there are plenty of moaners, never happy with anything. You can generally work out with the bad reviews those that did not get what they were offered, to those that expected everything for nothing, or are just full of Chookshit. Same with the good, too flowery generally equates to someone pushing the business.

. That’s because Paul often started the shenanigans and would sit back and admire his handywork evolve. Another thing he was very good at.
  • BarnEsy05 and Mrs Chook Norris like this
The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#19 Nathan No More

Nathan No More

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19853 posts
  • Location.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Yep there are plenty of moaners

Ink?

#20 ink

ink

Pawsome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34913 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 04:43 PM

Ink?

Groaner
  • Nathan No More likes this

#21 Madam

Madam

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 13825 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Hi Everyone

I finally decided to join the ISG forums after many years of lurking purely because you are such a knowledgable and seemingly lovely bunch of people.

A lot of you will know who I am simply by my forum name :-) of course you will also know that I do not play golf, yet, possibly never, we shall see.  In any case for those of you who do not know me I am the other half of Live4Golf / PJ / ICantPutt / Chook Norris. 

Before I pick your brains could I just say a HUGE thank you for the support you have given over the last 18 months xxxx.  I have read your posts, received private messages, emails etc and I am thankful and appreciative for all of them and also for the fund raising you do not just in Pauls name but for all of those who have left us too soon and for those of you who still battle.  The support you give to each other, whether in person or via this forum is amazing - you are good eggs as Paul would have said.  In reality, ISGer's have been the ones keeping me going and somewhat sane, so again, thank you from the bottom of my heart xxxxxx

Now as for the brain picking....I am off to Noumea in July with my sister and am wondering if anyone here has been there recently at all please?  I thought July may have been ok weather wise, warm enough to swim / snorkel but apparently that will not be the case (last time I trust a friend and not research first!)  A few questions please: What 'touristy' activities are worthwhile doing?  Is there anything worth doing or should we just kick back and relax?  Also, do we use the euro or the CFP / XFP?  I have no idea so any info at all will be appreciated.

Thanks

It will be what you make of it. I spent a week over there a couple years ago for a golf event. Alchohol is very expensive so buy your booze at Duty free and find a local bottle shop or store for grog and coke . Hotels charge big dollars!-  Its in South Pacific Francs.

I didnt get to explore much of the city unfortunately.

There are some island trips etc but yes water colder than I thought as well.  Pretty good food from what I remember.

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#22 pegasus2357

pegasus2357

Visionary

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8544 posts
  • LocationI can see clearly now

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:01 PM

Well I'll be Mrs Chook Norris on a golf forum asking holiday advice..... Hmmm is this a gee up of old, one wonders :)

Noumea, been there for a day whilst on a cruise around the Pacific years ago, have very limited memories.... maybe due to duty free alcohol at the time so sorry one can't help out.

Really great to see ya post Mrs Chook, really great...... next step hitting the 1st tee shot in September, now that would be something someone I knew would be way proud of

• BarnEsy05 likes this

VTTP 006

Miracle

#23 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:47 PM

It will be what you make of it. I spent a week over there a couple years ago for a golf event. Alchohol is very expensive so buy your booze at Duty free and find a local bottle shop or store for grog and coke . Hotels charge big dollars!-  Its in South Pacific Francs.

There are some island trips etc but yes water colder than I thought as well.  Pretty good food from what I remember.

Thanks Madam.   We may do a couple of boat trips but more than likely kick back and relax :-)

• iRON MiCK likes this

#24 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:53 PM

Well I'll be Mrs Chook Norris on a golf forum asking holiday advice..... Hmmm is this a gee up of old, one wonders :)

Noumea, been there for a day whilst on a cruise around the Pacific years ago, have very limited memories.... maybe due to duty free alcohol at the time so sorry one can't help out.

Really great to see ya post Mrs Chook, really great...... next step hitting the 1st tee shot in September, now that would be something someone I knew would be way proud of

Ah Mr Peg, well you are all usually a knowledgable group :-)

You're funny, me hitting the 1st tee shot!  I will be there, I will be at them all, already told my new school.  Proud mmmm not so sure, Paul tried for ages to get me to play golf, I did try but he was not a good teacher, he pretended to be giving me advice and when I turned around he had his head down and was doing his own thing so I made him sell my golf bag and clubs and I threw a wobbly, Id been taking lessons privately too.  He would probably rain on me and bring the sunshine out for all of you  :P

• iRON MiCK likes this

#25 Nathan No More

Nathan No More

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19853 posts
  • Location.

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

Hey Chris,

I hope PJ never tried to teach you how to putt, haha.

MaxxOn (Andrew)
  • BarnEsy05 likes this

#26 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17281 posts
  • Location#KW #CHAMPION

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Welcome to our special place, was gonna say nut house, yet that be discriminatory to nuts. Enjoy your time in Noumea
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#27 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:49 PM

Hey Chris,

I hope PJ never tried to teach you how to putt, haha.

MaxxOn (Andrew)

Hi!

LOL no the most he taught me,well, told me was when he took me to the driving range out at Bateau Bay.  Was telling me how to hit the ball, not look up too soon etc etcetc. This is when I turned around to ask him something and I saw him head down, doing his own driving.  Funny, as he was doing that he was saying 'thats good baby, just keep trying to hit it a little harder but don't look up too soon.'  All the while not noticing that I was watching him NOT watching me.  We never made it onto a golf course together, we did manage  a putt putt course up in Coffs once - I beat him  :D

• iRON MiCK and Nathan No More like this

#28 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to our special place, was gonna say nut house, yet that be discriminatory to nuts. Enjoy your time in Noumea

Thank you.  I am sure I will enjoy my time here and in Noumea.

• Bluethunda and iRON MiCK like this

#29 Mrs Chook Norris

Mrs Chook Norris

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:03 PM

Madam my sister just informed me that she doesn't like golf but likes the driving range, can you recommend one at all please?  We may just have a dabble at a range over there.

Thanks

Chris

• iRON MiCK likes this

#30 Francie

Francie

Inaugural Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34966 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 22 February 2018 - 10:10 PM

Great to see you visit us, Mrs Chook'.     Sorry, I can't help you with your trip but it's great to see you taking some time for yourself.    I really hope you have great weather and a prefect time....god knows you deserve it.    Keep getting through each day and take the best bits out of each one.     :wub: 

• Mrs Chook Norris likes this

Inaugural winner "Castlemaine" Vic ISG golf day 2009
Inaugural Victorian OOM Putting Champion - Long Island 2011
Inaugural ISG National Golf Champion - Queensland September 2012

Inaugural winner Casey Rotary Golf Day 2012 - Part of the 'Dream Team'
Hole In One - 7th Hole Portsea GC - 9/10/2012
Long drive "champion" - Stinks 3 club challenge - 22/9/2013

Shipwreck Coast Classic - B Grade Men Winner (Warrnambool) - 9/11/2013

Inaugural holder - ISG TBPNTHWAOOM trophy - 2015

Eagle - Par 4 - 18th at St. Andrews Beach - 1/9/2015​
Holder - Brass yacht trophy - 2015

Player of the Year (VPGC) - 2015

Winner - ISG Tombstone event - Lang Lang - 4/9/2016

Half of 4BBB Champion team with Commish - 2016 National Event

Half of winning finalist - Doubles Match-play team (VPGC) - 2016

​Team member - Winners of Australian ...... Matchplay Championship - 18/11/2016

Veterans Champion (VPGC) - 2016 

"If a foursome is pressing you, wave them through - and then speed up." - Deane Beman

http://www.golflink....k_No=3013311351

Lowest ever handicap - 7.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users