#31 Deege

Deege

Really nice person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4489 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 March 2018 - 01:05 PM

The reason for the second change - ie daily handicap adjusting so that 36 is playing to handicap is so that people can play off different tees in the same competition, or equally, that men and women can play in the same comp without making adjustments to scores afterwards.  To my mind this is one of the best aspects of the proposed changes.  I don't know whether anyone will take up competitions playing off different markers in the same comp, but having the system set up so that you can do that easily if you choose to is a great idea.

It does mean that in order to take advantage of it fully the different tees need to be rated for both men and women, but that should happen anyway to be fair.

• Can Break 80 and madness like this

Golflink

Winner C Grade Long Drive 2013 OOM #2 Heidelberg

Winner B Grade Long Drive 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Winner B Grade NTP 2015 OOM #4 Heritage

Handicap PB - 12.6, baby

#32 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 10:07 PM

The reason for the second change - ie daily handicap adjusting so that 36 is playing to handicap is so that people can play off different tees in the same competition, or equally, that men and women can play in the same comp without making adjustments to scores afterwards.  To my mind this is one of the best aspects of the proposed changes.  I don't know whether anyone will take up competitions playing off different markers in the same comp, but having the system set up so that you can do that easily if you choose to is a great idea.

It does mean that in order to take advantage of it fully the different tees need to be rated for both men and women, but that should happen anyway to be fair.

Good post. Way of the future. Anyone of any ability and any gender can all enter the same comp. No need for men's day, ladies day, old person's day etc. I would like to see some data on how age and experience affect golf results. Rather than being graded on gender and handiacp I think a more equitable system would address improving and declining golfers. This should also be taken into account with the daily course rating. My club as a junior wouldn't allow juniors to win the Saturday comp because there were so many of us all improving that a full paying member would never have won a comp. I also knew during  school holidays that playing the retirees mid week was a pretty easy way to win a comp. 

#33 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13372 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

Winning mid week comps against retired guys is fun...make it sound like a bad thing
  • madness likes this

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users