• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 ellemenophee

ellemenophee

Suspect

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 12:03 PM

An interesting topic. A mate & i discussed something similar . We do not play golf at the same location. 

We haven't seen any incentives based on golf performance for athletic people / members.

We are both in our early 40's and have interest in "purely the golf. "

Subscriptions to be highest for the 24-36 HCP players who hack up the course, slow up play & cause the most damage. Also taxed accordingly if in a cart. A middle ground for the 13-23 HCP & the highest subscription fee discounts for the 0-12 HCP crew.

Club social events should have separate benefits for members. 

Neither of our clubs offer discounts in any form, even 12 years ago.  I have just returned after 8 years away & the quality of the golf witnessed has certainly worsened, while the technology used on the course has improved.

#32 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13155 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 11 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

I agree.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event 

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#33 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23816 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:26 PM

An interesting topic. A mate & i discussed something similar . We do not play golf at the same location. 
We haven't seen any incentives based on golf performance for athletic people / members.
We are both in our early 40's and have interest in "purely the golf. "

Subscriptions to be highest for the 24-36 HCP players who hack up the course, slow up play & cause the most damage. Also taxed accordingly if in a cart. A middle ground for the 13-23 HCP & the highest subscription fee discounts for the 0-12 HCP crew.
Club social events should have separate benefits for members. 

Neither of our clubs offer discounts in any form, even 12 years ago.  I have just returned after 8 years away & the quality of the golf witnessed has certainly worsened, while the technology used on the course has improved.

Actually, it works the other way.
If you're a really good golfer, you join a really good golf club (e.g. Woodlands) where they charge you high membership fees and you probably have to have a 5 handicap or less to compete in A grade.

If you're a 'lesser' golfer (hacker), you'll be happy enough at a 'lesser' course and pay less for your membership.

Set your priorities.
  • madness likes this

#34 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5522 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 11 March 2018 - 05:29 PM

^as if thats how it works
  • ellemenophee and Nathan No More like this