#1 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3539 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:14 PM

I have done zero research on why this new format exists and what value it adds to anything except potentially pre-season medical professional coffers.

Anyone care to lead the conversation?

I have no intention of watching it though I doubt that will hold it back from having better viewing numbers than NRL and soccer combined.

Bring on March 22.
Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#2 GPJ_Longdriver

GPJ_Longdriver

Long Iron Appreciation Society President.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19617 posts
  • LocationWithin reaching distance of a golf club.

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

Agree, the AFL obviously feels left out of having no contrived content ...... for those with a short attention span.

The AFL are trying to hype it up of course, but Geelong came out and announced that Ablett, Dangerfield and Selwood are non starters ..... so they for one club, have zero interest in investing in it in the slightest.

That being the case, it is of no merit, unless, just like the old pre season comp, the winning club gets a fat cheque.

I still recall many years ago now, Carlton fielding a star stunned team who were trained to perfection for the preseason comp, and they duly won it in a canter, whilst the other teams rested stars for the main comp etc.

For Carltons efforts they won more cash for those 4 or 5 pre-season games, than the main premiership winning team that year.

Carlton having topped up the coffers very nicely in the pre season comp, then duly shut up shop for the remainder of the year and finished way down the bottom of the ladder.

Edited by GPJ_Longdriver, 12 February 2018 - 08:26 PM.

http://www.golf.org....icap/3160102708

Le Hole in 1 (#1) ..... Beaconhills 30/06/2013 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#2) ...... Beaconhills 09/08/2014 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / TM Lethal ball.
Le Hole in 1 (#3) ...... Beaconhills 22/02/2015 6th Hole - Mizuno MP 68 7 iron / Titleist NXT Tour ball.

WINS
2012 Rotary Charity Day Dream Team
2013 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 Cardinia Beaconhills Invitational Classic
2014 W.A. Invitational Classic (Joondalup)

2015 Cardinia Beaconhills - Captain's Trophy Winner
2016 W.A. Invitational Classic (Albany)
2017 W.A. Invitational Classic (The Cut)
2017 Baconwide Tour 4BBB Flinders -with Chip In King

2018 Coober Pedy Opal Fields Open

2018 Alice Springs Invitational
Stink / GPJ Trophy - Lowest Score Off The Stick (OOM's) - Sandhurst, Settlers Run, Growling Frog.

President of ISeekGolf - Long Iron Appreciation Society.

Lead proponent for the abolition of Hybrids, G'brids and Rescues
"Caffeine n Darts" - Proud sponsors of GPJ Golfing 2018.

#3 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6867 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:43 AM

i love the pre season comp as we get to see how the youngsters are coming on and i think that comp is great  to get our rookies and future stars ready for the big premiership season

adding aflx is just another way of injuries and  i think we are to much worried about the entertainment value more then watching and enjoying sport for what it is

this will fizzle as it will only be players that are not going to be playing in the real footy season

i dont know why the afl is trying to re invent the wheel

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#4 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13933 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 13 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

Ma6be the AFL are looking to list on the Stock Exchange and need another product to fill out The Prospectus ...

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#5 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2061 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

aflx vs aflw

decisions decisions...

#6 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38719 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

Should be AWFL...

• *Mouldy, tigertuff, koiom K Frenzy and 1 other like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them....

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#7 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18021 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:25 PM

About as interesting as mixed netball and a pre-cursor to mixed AFL.

A great opportunity for the he/she/it person to get a game of football.

The teams will have mandatory selections by political correctness. Much like South African sporting teams there will be a LGBTIQ quota.

It will get as much attention from me as AFLW. Why watch AFLW when local U-14 football is of a much higher standard.
  • Placegetter likes this
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#8 mugcanic

mugcanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3668 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:04 PM

Zero interest from me

#9 Groove_Snob

Groove_Snob

NCCSSC X COC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4057 posts
  • LocationIn the garage grinding the grooves of my irons!!

Posted 25 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

I took my 2 kids to watch the Sydney leg, and after watching on tv the 2 nights prior I wasn’t really looking forward to it....

But watching it live at the ground it was pretty entertainingto be honest..... all the kids there loved it as well, so that’s a plus.....
  • Bluethunda, Placegetter and iRON MiCK like this
Got an issue??

Here's a tissue!! 😭

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users