#76 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17734 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 08:31 AM

Impractical, yet plenty of clubs manage it.

You have 218 people at your club who want to qualify for the Club Champs (not B and C grade).....wow.

Obviously it includes all grades
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#77 golfguy33

golfguy33

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2345 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 10:28 PM

We had an interesting problem occur when one member qualified for both our senior cc, over 50 years of age and a new section, the veterans cc, over 65 years of age ( he was over 65 ) 

He decided to play in the more prestigious senior cc, which then gave a non qualifier ( 5th place ) the chance to step into the vacant forth spot in the veterans.

This also had the forth place qualifier in the senior cc dropped off the list because the older guy had a choice of which section he preferred.

I don't think the committee had thought it was possible for the 65+ age group to still be able to match it with the over 50's.

This is my point with the " anyone can qualify " regardless of their handicap, for a clubs open championship. Just because your handicap says you are in a particular grade doesn't mean you can't qualify for and win your open cc, regardless of the format !

Jon...     

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users