5 replies to this topic

#1 Hakka

Hakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

Playing Yering Meadows tomorrow for first time (great rounds deal 2for $89 with cart).Any tips appreciated.What should I expect?Will give a course review tomorrow night also
  • Madam likes this

#2 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11047 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:51 PM

Tough track.

Lots of hidden water.

Will play very hard if the wind is up

Should be in pretty ggod condition

Dont go in the rough as it has some very large snakes
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#3 Hakka

Hakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

Simple but sound advice thanks RobNewy.Was a very enjoyable round on a course I rate highly.Fairways and greens in Excellent condition.Played 19/27 first and thought I was a gun after being on par after 1st five holes however I got bought back to reality pretty quick and turned 4 over with 40 but happy with how was playing.
Onto holes 1-9 and from here I copped it ITA.Not as forgiving and some crap shots paved the way for a tough 9 and went 13 over 49 to make it 89 off stick.My Ga hcp is 10.1 which is 12 off the blues at Yering so 5 over my hcp.
Lost shots on hole 26 water on left,hole 3 water on right,hole 6 lost ball off tee and hole 9 oob on left so bled 7 shots in penalties.Certainly needed the cart as its a long course but would recommend this course to anyone as it was in great nick and a real challenge.Carts where newish and very comfy with good paths and no dust throw which was good.About 6 planes flew over with no hindrance.Very impressed.

Edited by Hakka, 12 February 2018 - 06:03 PM.

• RobNewy likes this

#4 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11047 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:10 PM

I will be playing it over the next few weeks.

Been a few years, maybe 4 since i last played it.

Looking forward to it
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#5 AGQ

AGQ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:41 PM

I will be playing it over the next few weeks.

Been a few years, maybe 4 since i last played it.

Looking forward to it

I went out there last September and was extremely impressed. It had been 3-4 years before the previous visit.

Condition had improved dramatically. I had expected a few wet boggy areas with rain falling the week leading in, but surprisingly there were very few, so drainage must have been improved.

Still a tough course at times, but certainly an improvement.

Fulfilling my dream to play Australia's Top 100

AGD 2016 - 100 played

AGD 2014 - 100 played

GA - 2016 - 89 played

GA - 2014 - 94 played

#6 marcush39

marcush39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:51 PM

They’re installing new cart paths over the next few months so there’ll be some rough patches around the place. They’ll also be coring and sanding the greens for the first time in about three years (after the clubbies I presume). With the heat this summer, the greens have been heavily watered & left longer than usual but with the pro am scheduled for next Monday, I’d expect them to be lively again. I’ve seen dramatic improvement in the course since this time last year. Looking forward to playing it regularly again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users