#76 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24396 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:47 AM

I think the club you are a member at would like to be your "home" club for handicapping purposes thus your golflink number would be removed from RACV and you would be issued with a new one taking legacy scores with it.

He can nominate any club he is a member of as his home club for handicapping purposes.

• Bluethunda likes this
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#77 Can Break 80

Can Break 80

metronome

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9183 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 05:41 AM

Every now and then I try to understand the nuances of the handicap system....but usually decide to pullout my toenails because that is more enjoyable. Whatever the system, my goal of being a scratch golfer remains unchanged.

There are plenty of scratch events around for you to play in so dont have to get your all your handicap scores at B &M club.

Go on GolfVictoria web site and enter any number of IVO Whitton events.

these games off back tees are played on a variety of city and country courses all which will really test your ability against par.

• Parmachine likes this

2017 OOM winner at Growling Frog.

2016 A grade winner Moonah legends OOM4.

2015 member of team Vision winners of SGC pennant.

2014 National ISG champion

2014 winner Kooindah waters

2014 winner Magenta shores

2014 first ever hole in 1 in an ISG event, 4th Hole Kooindah waters 19th October

2012 winner of BHIC and gaining a 5 year exemption

#78 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39050 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:11 AM

That would cost money.

I think we're ignoring the main issue.
  • Snappy McSnapperton and Gimp from the basement like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid, Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Winner B grade OOM Curlewis 2018

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel
C Grade LD Growling Frog 11/8/18, blah blah blah,,,,this is getting to be almost monotonous..... 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 1/9/18,...maybe these are now so commonplace I should just stop listing them

NTP Yering Meadows 25th hole 1/12/18

Never contended for the trophy named for me

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.

#79 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 05 February 2018 - 01:32 PM

He can nominate any club he is a member of as his home club for handicapping purposes.

True but don,t you have to submit an RACV card manually on line? Sort of defeats the idea of the club processing the card. Plus as mentioned earlier if Social rounds are all that are submitted they would be without DSR and therefore inaccurate as far as comp rounds go.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#80 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24396 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 05 February 2018 - 04:48 PM

True but don,t you have to submit an RACV card manually on line? Sort of defeats the idea of the club processing the card. Plus as mentioned earlier if Social rounds are all that are submitted they would be without DSR and therefore inaccurate as far as comp rounds go.

He only wants to play socially, so whatever handicap he has is irrelevant anyway. Who cares about the DSR that day when the eventual outcome is meaningless, except to him.
Golflink
Olinda Golf Club
Warragul Country Club
People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
West Gippsland Veterans Champion 2017 & 2018
Olinda Golf Club B Grade champion 2018

#81 GeoffDickson

GeoffDickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:31 PM

That would cost money.
I think we're ignoring the main issue.

It's part of the issue...the underlying issue is for the first time not being allowed to play during a Saturday and Sunday at my home club without entering the comp and subsequently needing to pay....as well as for the first time not submitting all cards for handicapping purposes.

Thanks for letting me know about the Ivo Whitten events. I was not aware of them.

He only wants to play socially, so whatever handicap he has is irrelevant anyway. Who cares about the DSR that day when the eventual outcome is meaningless, except to him.

In the past I entered the comp about half the time....for some reason it's the ability to opt in or opt out that I seem to like.

I am feel more comfortable about the compulsory comp fees when I see it as contributing the club's bottom line and not covering the (alleged) costs of the comp and handicapping.

Edited by GeoffDickson, 05 February 2018 - 06:35 PM.

#82 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14570 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:33 PM

That would cost money.

I think we're ignoring the main issue. Which is how on earth could I drive my buggy into a hazard and then later into a bunker?

• Bluethunda and Francie like this

18.4 by the end of. 2018  - 4.7 to go

2018 Gardiners Run Senior Matchplay Champion

2018 Keysborough GC Gala Team Event Winner

2017 VIC ISG OOM "The Goldy" Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407931

"Team Frank" founding member

#83 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:58 PM

I would suggest that there would not be a club in Melbourne that would let you play a social round in a saturday competition if you were a RACV member only. Let alone process the card at the end of the day.

Geoff. You have a choice.Join a Real golf club, play competition & get to put your cards in every week and get handicapped. Or join RACV and play in their social days or play social rounds with whoever you can find to join you , then submit your scores to RACV to handicap for you.. The latter handicap however may not be accurate because of lack of DSR.. But then of course your handicap is for the purpose of comparing your score to others in the field. If you do not want this what is the point of getting a handicap in the first place. Just play the courses against par. Surely you can keep a record of that.

• Can Break 80 likes this
No VTPP11

#84 GeoffDickson

GeoffDickson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

My "clever strategy" was to be a member of both a B&M and the RACV...the RACV membership would enable social rounds at B&M to count for handicap.

I would never expect a B&M club to accommodate non-members on a Saturday (unless at the very least they were the guest of a member and not getting a slot ahead of a member).

#85 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17522 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:53 PM

B&M clubs do accomodate non members i.e visitors on a Saturday, if they pay the appropriate fees.

We even have a 'best score' by a visitor in our presentation each Saturday
  • pom, CaNadiAn MiCk and madness like this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#86 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

My "clever strategy" was to be a member of both a B&M and the RACV...the RACV membership would enable social rounds at B&M to count for handicap.

I would never expect a B&M club to accommodate non-members on a Saturday (unless at the very least they were the guest of a member and not getting a slot ahead of a member).

Why pay 2 memberships. Might as well just pay one & pay the rest in comp fees.

• Bluethunda, Goldy and Sparkster like this
No VTPP11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users