8 replies to this topic

#1 The Robinator

The Robinator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2916 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:31 PM

I thought I would go a long way before I found a more insipid, vapid moron than Michael Clarke, I stand corrected. How Andrew Symonds ever got a job astounds me, the bloke has the personality of a dead tree stump. In fact people do drawings and paintings of dead tree stumps so they serve a purpose, Symonds is more a plank.

• Bluethunda likes this

#2 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5460 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

Big call considering how much of a wanker clarke is

#3 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

There are commentators and "colour" men.

I don't mind Symonds as the "colour" guy, I really only listen to Punter.

• Bluethunda likes this

#4 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I'm optimal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17617 posts
  • LocationHotel Shanker Lazimpat, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal

Posted 20 January 2018 - 09:01 PM

Kerry O'Keefe is the only decent commentator in the world of cricket. The rest are total tossers full of self indulgence.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#5 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38050 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

Kerry O'Keefe blows dogs.

Other than that, we're in complete agreement.
  • Francie and koiom K Frenzy like this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#6 iRON MiCK

iRON MiCK

Moss Effect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12943 posts
  • Locationwww.iseekgolf.com

Posted 20 January 2018 - 11:06 PM

Blowers; Aggers; Bumble all are knowledgeable and entertaining. Are they not on Channel 10? Oh my.

18.4 by Dec. 2018

2017 VIC ISG OOM Overall Winner

2017 VIC OOM #5 Gardiners Run Overall Winner

http://www.golf.org....icap/3023100698

"Team Frank" founding member

#7 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3052 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 10:05 AM

Australian TV (UK is not quite as bad, but getting there) suffers from the syndrome that says if you didn't play the game at the top level, you aren't allowed to talk about it. They seem to think more people will listen/watch if they have a star on the team.

Absolute tosh.

Most of the best commentators of the past 50 years never played test cricket, some of them didn't even play first class cricket. They just know how the game is played and how to talk about it. I don't mind having an ex-player on hand as the guy with the technical knowledge or insight. But I prefer someone who can actually talk and knows how to "keep an audience" to tell me about the game and what's happening.

Edited by bazinoz, 21 January 2018 - 10:06 AM.

#8 Tochakka

Tochakka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2791 posts
  • LocationIn the pines in the pines where the sun don't shine

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:11 PM

Most commentators treat the listener like they can’t see the field settings or even the players (maybe a throwback to pre Tv days) and it does get mind numbing after a while. Not all ex players make good commentators because some of them have the personality of a brick and dont know how to express them self with out crayons and paper.

#9 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6571 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

ABC grandstand. Don't even need the cricket on the telly. Big bash, for all the fun it's generated, has started to get on my nerves. The faux excitement at every half clubbed ball and shouting down the mic is getting to much.
  • Bluethunda and iRON MiCK like this
http://www.golf.org....icap/4071372364

Game golf username : MattFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users