hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

I've got three similar stories.

... Young Brian, was getting ready to play his shot from our fairway back across. He took his preferred lie - about a foot to his right. Dad and I loved it, we were about to drive off when we saw him look back to his group. They couldn't see him, so he moved it another foot and half this time, further to his right ...

Isn't the veterans rule aTwo club preferred lie? :unsure:

I'm certain I've seen it put to use by many a veteran player over the years.

And.

Not counting the "foot wedge" in your shots for the hole :rolleyes:

#17 Birdie Blitz

Birdie Blitz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

Had a good one when I was a kid, played with one of my mates and an older member. Playing a par 5 with a blind green. My mate hits his ball left I go to help him look for his ball while the older member plays his second from a hollow on the right. Member walks ahead of us, next thing we know he strides back up the fairway from down near the green. We both go how did you go - we says pretty good and points to the green where there is a ball about 6 inches from the hole.

Now he was about 280m from the green when he was playing  his second in a hollow to a blind green tucked in behind trees. Says he saw his second hit the pin. Told my dad who was club captain at the time and he was suspended from the club.

Another one was when a couple of the juniors just didn't play two holes and put down par and bogey. I was in the group behind and couldn't understand how I was suddenly 3 holes behind.  :huh: 

• Lukos87 likes this

#18 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 09 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

Oooooo another one.

A group in front were playing a par 3. We were walking up to the tee as they teed of.
One of the guys put one in nice and tight,out his name down on theNTP.

Then walked straight to his car, jumped in and buggered of without finishing the round

His card was handed in but his mates, they just marked him wipe, wipe to finish.

But he was fiven the ntp and prize money down the line. Didnt even finish his round.

Now thats special
  • Lukos87 likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#19 BROWNMAN

BROWNMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:19 PM

i hasten to add,not all younguns are like this............i have knowledge of a junior team having a shield win  but a score was knowingly wrong but submitted, ,apparently the club captain knew of this and let it go,they hang their shield on the wall,these players and others will eventually get caught out by that ***** golfer   kay arma

• Lukos87 and Birdie Blitz like this
I am NOT a teacher, coach.
Iam a LEARNER
What I post here is either from the book,OR what I have learnt from it.
You dont like it..fine....dont read it ....SIMPLE

#20 peak_sy

peak_sy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1658 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:25 PM

Two years ago I played with the Peaklette (and marked her card) when she had 52 points playing off 42. She'd been practicing a lot and everything clicked. Luckily we were playing with someone else, otherwise it would have looked very sus. 

The 52 points included 2 wipes on the back.

The other member of our group (another junior) had 4 under playing off 8 about 6 months after that, on a day when a few ISGers came down to Curlewis. Goldy thought he'd win for sure with 37 points.  It was the first time the young bloke broke par. He won the next years club champs after going 4 under through the last 11 holes to come from 3 down.

We've got a renowned ball mover who everyone watches like a hawk now. I'm not sure he's even aware he does it.

#21 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38503 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

I was robbed.

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#22 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13073 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

I was robbed.

Congratulations on your win, Robbed
  • Francie likes this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#23 Goldy

Goldy

Ed Rayner's love child

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38503 posts
  • Location20m closer than you expected

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

My apologies.

I was tobbed.

• iRON MiCK likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users