40 replies to this topic

#31 madness

madness

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

Has anyone actually been expelled from a club because they couldn't keep their shirt tucked in? 

60% of Australians are overweight, 30% are obese, 100,000 australians every year get told they have type 2 diabetes. Australians spend 1 Billion dollars every year on weight loss programs. Unless we go back to living in caves humans are only going to get fatter and fatter. These increases in poor health are also now being seen in developing countries that are being introduced to Western foods and lifestyles.

If a golf club wishes to alienate players for having their shirts untucked that golf club will be drawing potential members from a smaller and smaller pool every year. Good luck to them.

#32 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14804 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:23 AM

a smaller and smaller pool every year. 

pun intended?;)

• madness likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#33 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13165 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

is that the Cave of Taking Responsibility for your own actions?

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#34 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5667 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:25 AM

Has anyone actually been expelled from a club because they couldn't keep their shirt tucked in? 

60% of Australians are overweight, 30% are obese, 100,000 australians every year get told they have type 2 diabetes. Australians spend 1 Billion dollars every year on weight loss programs. Unless we go back to living in caves humans are only going to get fatter and fatter. These increases in poor health are also now being seen in developing countries that are being introduced to Western foods and lifestyles.

If a golf club wishes to alienate players for having their shirts untucked that golf club will be drawing potential members from a smaller and smaller pool every year. Good luck to them.

Not sure about expelled or even suspended, but I've seen plenty of members get told to tuck their shirts in but bar staff or pro shop staff. They are refused service unless they comply. Also seen the same thing happen with white socks and shorts. The pro's won't let them play unless they change socks. 

I don't really see how being large stops you tucking your shirt in anyway. It looks better regardless of size and if you buy a shirt that is big enough, it should be physically possible.

• kevin123 likes this

#35 CaNadiAn MiCk

CaNadiAn MiCk

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 14804 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

Not sure about expelled or even suspended, but I've seen plenty of members get told to tuck their shirts in but bar staff or pro shop staff. They are refused service unless they comply. Also seen the same thing happen with white socks and shorts. The pro's won't let them play unless they change socks. 

I don't really see how being large stops you tucking your shirt in anyway. It looks better regardless of size and if you buy a shirt that is big enough, it should be physically possible.

cant find the buttons?   PS tough to take a piss as well>?

• madness likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

Handicap

#36 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5667 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:15 PM

I imagine anyone that big finds it tough to take a piss regardless of their clothing choice. Not like you could see what you were doing. 

#37 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24281 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

I've never been a member at a club that has allowed shirts to be un-tucked and have grown up with that simple standard. Tucked and neat looks so much better, regardless of your body shape. If being a fatso means you need to go un-tucked to feel better about your golfing attire then try loosing some weight. You will feel alot fitter and be able to wear the fashionable gear !
Jon...

The excess weight is loose enough, I just need to lose some, preferably a lot.
I've never been a member of a club that insisted on shirts being tucked in. Just not snobby enough I guess.
  • Bluethunda likes this

Golflink

Olinda Golf Club

Warragul Country Club

People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

#38 OldBogey

OldBogey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24281 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

I imagine anyone that big finds it tough to take a piss regardless of their clothing choice. Not like you could see what you were doing.

The shirt needs to be big enough anyway irrespective of whether it's tucked in.
What buttons?
To see what I'm doing I need a mirror. But it's not a problem 'cause I know exactly where to find my equipment and I can feel where it's pointing.
  • madness likes this

Golflink

Olinda Golf Club

Warragul Country Club

#39 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5667 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

As always, thank you for the answers no one wanted.
  • CaNadiAn MiCk, StewyGriffin, RobNewy and 1 other like this

#40 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17494 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:14 PM

As always, thank you for the answers I wanted.

That's so nice of you to write
  • iRON MiCK, Itchy4Scratch and madness like this
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#41 OldBogey

OldBogey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24281 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:19 PM

As always, thank you for the answers no one wanted.

I'm generous like that.
  • Bluethunda likes this

Golflink

Olinda Golf Club

Warragul Country Club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users