• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#106 okitoki

okitoki

Suspect

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

do you guys feel like your ball flight on the M3 goes higher than other similar lofted clubs?

#107 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

do you guys feel like your ball flight on the M3 goes higher than other similar lofted clubs?

Not for me. The Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft is a mid-launching shaft; also whilst my driver is 10.5 degrees, I have it tuned at 9 degrees which also lowers the ball flight to an extent. To give you an idea of the ball flight, check the attached link; my ball flight is almost identical.

https://youtu.be/0bbVDT3oPBM

Edited by chevychase, 17 April 2018 - 01:48 PM.

Driver: TaylorMade 2018 M3 10.5* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI6s
3 Wood: TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* Graphite Design Tour AD-DI7s
Irons: 2-PW: Mizuno MPH-4 +.5”, 2* upright, Nippon NS Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: 52* Mizuno MP-R12; 56* & 60* Indi Stingraywith KBS Tour 120 Stiff shafts
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport M2 with Super Stroke Fatso grip
Ball: TaylorMade TP5

#108 okitoki

okitoki

Suspect

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

hmm... I seem to be hitting it pretty high with my 10.5 also set to 9.  Shaft I was using was the Tensei Blue and now the AD TP 5S; both feels solid and the balls strike zones are mostly middle from low to high

However, as I have set my head to max fade and the other weight to low; wondering if this would affect the height too much.

Otherwise, the ball flight has been pretty straight (occasionally with a slight fade) while really bad shots are pulled left.

#109 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

hmm... I seem to be hitting it pretty high with my 10.5 also set to 9.  Shaft I was using was the Tensei Blue and now the AD TP 5S; both feels solid and the balls strike zones are mostly middle from low to high

However, as I have set my head to max fade and the other weight to low; wondering if this would affect the height too much.

Otherwise, the ball flight has been pretty straight (occasionally with a slight fade) while really bad shots are pulled left.

I spent about an hour fiddling around with the weights and hitting balls to see which ball flight and feel I liked. Download the manual from the TaylorMade website for good explanations about the weight positions. I have my weights set up for maximum forgiveness and maximum draw. Lowering the loft to 9 degrees also opens the club face 2%, so be aware of this. You’ll see an illustration of this configuration on the website. If you spend enough time tinkering, you’ll find the ball flight and feel that suits you.
Wedges: 52* Mizuno MP-R12; 56* & 60* Indi Stingraywith KBS Tour 120 Stiff shafts

#110 okitoki

okitoki

Suspect

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:33 PM

I am just confused with the weight setting to fade or draw would also increase the ball height to be countered by the other weight set to low?

#111 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

I am just confused with the weight setting to fade or draw would also increase the ball height to be countered by the other weight set to low?

The fade or draw bias shouldn’t affect the ball flight. I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘countered by the other weight set to low’. Did you read the manual?

#112 chevychase

chevychase

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:50 PM

The fade or draw bias shouldn’t affect the ball flight. I don’t know what you mean when you say ‘countered by the other weight set to low’. Did you read the manual?

The ‘low’ means low spinning, not low ball flight.

#113 okitoki

okitoki

Suspect

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:02 PM

Ah... that explains it... silly me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users