#1 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

No doubt we all are aware of golf clubs/courses that have Stay & play deals. However I am looking at a slightly different slant on it.I have noticed several clubs that are going for stay & play deals for caravaners. Have not been able to take advantage of one yet. This has got to be a Win-win situation with the travellers picking up cheap accommodation & the club picking up green fee players that they may not overwise attract. Also if the  club has Meals available the travellers will often have a meal at the club. What are others thoughts on this idea ? & who knows of clubs that allow this?

• TheTrueReview and Weetbix like this
Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#2 Bluethunda

Bluethunda

ISG AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL 4BBB CHAMPION, WITH HARRO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17494 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

I guess that power supply may be a problem overnight if the caravanner isn't set up for it.

Are the grey nomads prepared to be awoken at an ungodly hour by the green staff starting work with the sparrows??

Make use of the amenities while the club is open after round would be a bonus.

Added security of having someone stay in carpark overnight.

Mostly positives I can see out of this Pom.
DEBUT: US Masters, Augusta National Golf Club, Augusta, GA 2016
DEBUT: ANA Inspirational LPGA Mission Hills, Palm Springs, CA 2016
Reacquainted myself with Karrie Webb, Australia's Greatest Golfer

#3 PerryGroves

PerryGroves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Pom, my mate lives in Sth Aust, has a winabago and has told me about this. I just cant see it working, they will eat your cheap meals, use the facilities........but what does the club get?

#4 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24281 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

Pom, while you're heading east along Vic's coast, try Yarram.
The course is quite good and there's a caravan park attached.
BYO meals though.

If you get that far, you might as well go on to Bairnsdale for a reputedly great course. I don't know about caravan facilites near the course, but it's a big town.

Golflink

Olinda Golf Club

Warragul Country Club

People say that nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.

#5 dunteachin

dunteachin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

Coomealla on the Murray does packages for caravanners I believe, also houseboats. I played the course last year and it is quality.

Great clubhouse, nice restaurant, short drive to Mildura.

#6 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11905 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Pom, my mate lives in Sth Aust, has a winabago and has told me about this. I just cant see it working, they will eat your cheap meals, use the facilities........but what does the club get?

A lot of these travellers do not need power .In that case what does it cost the club to have caravaners staying overnight. Surely the meals are sold above cost price & the club gets green fees that it may not have received otherwise.Hilltop Golf club near Mooroopna is one going down this track. They are offering powered sites but only if you play the course. I believe they  may be charging a small fee also. I believe Kerang ,up on the Murray have half a dozen sites available behind the club house but only for golfers.

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users