• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Newbie2golf3

Newbie2golf3

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

Looking to buy a beginner set, and was looking online. Is there any difference between the brands that all look similiar and range from 400-700 eg: pgf, nickent, spalding. Was eyeing off the pgf tp package set worth 700, but theres cheaper pgf sets, is there much difference? Or is it the bag?

#2 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23987 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:55 PM

If you are really that new to golf, no-one can tell which clubs will really suit you. So, whatever you get, you'll want to replace them in due course with a set that better suits the swing you will have developed by then.

For a novice, start with a set of 'game improvement' clubs.
Try Golf Clearance Outlet and hopefully you'll get reasonable advice and a good price.
  • Madam likes this

#3 Newbie2golf3

Newbie2golf3

Suspect

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

I have sent an email, but with christmas im not expecting a response any time soon. I looked at some GI club lists and golf clearance does have the srixon z 155 set for 1000, would the pgf tp set be that much different? Its 650, looking from the photos they seem pretty similiar but im guessing brand/quality plays a huge part. If any one can say with absolute certainty the pgf sets are garbage ill look into second hand clubs of recommended GI clubs, i was looking to get a new set of clubs and the course i go to has the pgf tp set there so i figured id get new clubs and support the local club in one go. I also didnt want to spend alot on my first set, i got advised spend a few hundred on a beginner set then in a few years if you stuck with it ud find the clubs wont suit you any more and thats when you put your money into a custom set.

#4 Mr_C

Mr_C

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6573 posts
  • LocationGold Coast

Posted 25 December 2017 - 10:37 AM

Look mate to be honest, there isn't much difference in those cheapo sets. As OB said, you'll be upgrading once you get better anyway. Maybe try cash converters or Australian golf buy swap and sell. You might get a better quality set for the same price. Anyway, welcome to the never ending circus of buying new clubs
http://www.golf.org....icap/4071372364

Game golf username : MattFC

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clubs package set, beginner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users