48 replies to this topic

#46 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:58 AM

If your Club has not acted on the availability of the new Local Rule that Rogolf refers to above, no action will be required in 2019 if the Draft Rule becomes formalised.

In the draft it is covered under Rule 9-4b Exception 3 .

I like this Rule and pleased to see no requirement for a Local Rule or have it buried in Decisions Book from 2019. In the future the Decisions Book will be superseded by a HANDBOOK, which hopefully will not run to too many pages and will feature simpler language in line with the Draft New Rules..

#47 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11883 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

If your Club has not acted on the availability of the new Local Rule that Rogolf refers to above, no action will be required in 2019 if the Draft Rule becomes formalised.

In the draft it is covered under Rule 9-4b Exception 3 .

I like this Rule and pleased to see no requirement for a Local Rule or have it buried in Decisions Book from 2019. In the future the Decisions Book will be superseded by a HANDBOOK, which hopefully will not run to too many pages and will feature simpler language in line with the Draft New Rules..

I like the idea of simpler language in a handbook type item. Not sure how much that would reduce the number of pages though. :)

Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

#48 languid

languid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1816 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:24 PM

I think the Rule Book will be smaller and uncluttered by all the technical stuff on design of Clubs and stuff. That will move to the Handbook I hope. I really don’t know, just guessing, Currently there’s a lot of material on Amateur status and material of very little use to the average player in the Rule Book.
However it reads like there will be a “complete” Rule Book and a Player’s Edition. That is seen in the releases early last year. Readily found on line.
We need a portable, small as possible printed Rule Book. Most people will be happy to access The Handbook on line, possibly downloading it to Kindle if they are keen.

#49 pom

pom

Old Grouch.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11883 posts
  • Locationtownsville

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

I think the Rule Book will be smaller and uncluttered by all the technical stuff on design of Clubs and stuff. That will move to the Handbook I hope. I really don’t know, just guessing, Currently there’s a lot of material on Amateur status and material of very little use to the average player in the Rule Book.
However it reads like there will be a “complete” Rule Book and a Player’s Edition. That is seen in the releases early last year. Readily found on line.
We need a portable, small as possible printed Rule Book. Most people will be happy to access The Handbook on line, possibly downloading it to Kindle if they are keen.

I always considered that the decisions book was more for administrators & rules officials & the rule book for players. There is also a handbook .( In Qld at least ) Which again is for administrators although that also is full of a variety of material with a small section on how best to administer comps. I doubt most players know about it and don't really need to. If all the technical stuff moves to the handbook that would certainly make the rule book better and alongside simpler wording of the rules it may make a rule book that more players are prepared to read.

• languid likes this
Member of the Vision Test Pilot Project.
No VTPP11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users