#1 Placegetter

Placegetter

Live4PJ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3425 posts
  • Location40m past you.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

I would like to know what happens if I choose to follow a topic and it goes somewhere I am not sure I am supposed to be, is there a way to follow another topic to lead me back to a safe place? 

In simple terms, how integrated is this platform? Does it truly care for my needs as a forum participant or am I supposed to blindly follow along without asking questions? 

And if someone follows this topic and it goes nowhere, is there a gauge of disappointment available and a method of compensating said follower?

Almost regarded by one member as the best non-golf playing golfer on this forum.

#2 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9016 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:14 AM

yes, no
6th March 2016 - Beat the ISG Matchplay Champion!

Posted Image

#3 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9016 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

.... and followed.

Posted Image

#4 OldBogey

OldBogey

Defining and analysing humour is a pastime of humourless people

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22855 posts
  • LocationRegional Victoria

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

I would like to know what happens if I choose to follow a topic and it goes somewhere I am not sure I am supposed to be, is there a way to follow another topic to lead me back to a safe place? 

In simple terms, how integrated is this platform? Does it truly care for my needs as a forum participant or am I supposed to blindly follow along without asking questions? 

And if someone follows this topic and it goes nowhere, is there a gauge of disappointment available and a method of compensating said follower?

You're looking for a lot of mothering there, PG.
  • Placegetter likes this

#5 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

followed 

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#6 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12544 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:53 PM

You should never "follow" a topic but actually be part of the conversation. We need more leaders than followers in this world.

PS we also dont care

• iRON MiCK likes this

Join iseekgolf.com on Facebook

Follow iseekgolf.com on Twitter

For golf industry news.

#7 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:31 PM

You should never "follow" a topic but actually be part of the conversation. We need more leaders than followers in this world.

PS we also dont care

I'm not sure I follow what you mean

"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#8 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12544 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

I'm not sure I follow what you mean

More importantly do you care?

• GhettoGolfer and iRON MiCK like this

For golf industry news.

#9 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:08 PM

More importantly do you care?

I will just have to check with Placegetter to see if I should care or not. I will follow his lead

• GhettoGolfer, Madambo and Placegetter like this

#10 Tolmij

Tolmij

Just enjoying life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27179 posts
  • LocationHere in paradise

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

Safe places are the in thing, it’s important to ensure everyone has a safe place to retire, in case the mental anguish is too much to stand.

The police force are giving counselling to any members that are traumatised by the results of the same sex wedding debate. Universities are giving students the right to not read anything in the course they are taking that may cause distress, if you are doing a course on examination of dead bodies and you are distressed by the sight of dead bodies you do not have to look at them even though it will be your job.

In the same way, Mads has a legal obligation to make sure PG and any other snowflake members are correctly distanced from anything that could cause distress. There should be a quiet place they can go to, to reflect on the problems of following the subjects that cannot be followed, and also some assistance from the management in framing relevant questions to alleviate the stress caused by an incomplete thread.

Just my thoughts in anticipation of a PG breakdown.
  • Madambo likes this
Intended to break 90 this year, not going well.

Concentrating just getting round the course

#11 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12117 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:40 PM

The police force are giving counselling to any members that are traumatised by the results of the same sex wedding debate. Universities are giving students the right to not read anything in the course they are taking that may cause distress, if you are doing a course on examination of dead bodies and you are distressed by the sight of dead bodies you do not have to look at them even though it will be your job.

do you have any links, Tol?

This could be super handy for me next semester

umm, I mean I'm asking for a friend

• Tolmij likes this

#12 Madambo

Madambo

Head of the asylum

• Administrators
  • 12544 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

Safe places are the in thing, it’s important to ensure everyone has a safe place to retire, in case the mental anguish is too much to stand.

In the same way, Mads has a legal obligation to make sure PG and any other snowflake members are correctly distanced from anything that could cause distress. There should be a quiet place they can go to, to reflect on the problems of following the subjects that cannot be followed, and also some assistance from the management in framing relevant questions to alleviate the stress caused by an incomplete thread.

I wouldnt consider PG a snowflake by any means. Others on the site well not much more to say.

• Tolmij likes this

For golf industry news.

#13 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4879 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:58 PM

Arent you the bloke who left isg because people were being mean?
  • GhettoGolfer, Kiwi, RobNewy and 1 other like this

#14 GhettoGolfer

GhettoGolfer

Duke Ghetto Moose

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9016 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

Arent you the bloke who left isg because people were being mean?

oh the irony of this is just....

I'm dead.

/life

Posted Image

#15 Itchy4Scratch

Itchy4Scratch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4879 posts
  • LocationSE Melbourne

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

oh the irony of this is just....

I'm dead.

/life

Its amazing. Im unsure if he knows this and is trolling or is genuinely oblivious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users