#1 *Mouldy

*Mouldy

I am a recovering shankaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16683 posts
  • LocationIn the left rough on 7th 105m from pin

Posted 29 October 2017 - 03:48 PM

As the resident expert I'm going for the 3 peat in next year's Rising Star.

This year's draft is bereft of big man talent. So if you're hoping for a key position gun to end up at your club you'll be disappointed. Best on offer are a couple of 3rd talls.

Nothing too exciting in father sons either. That's next year's highlight with some sons of guns available.

The standout in the draft and next year's Rising Star is Cameron Rayner. Clearly the best APS and TAC cup player this year.

From the Dragons Finishing Academy there's Andy Bradshaw. More skilful, mature and smarter than older brother Angus. Just a case of how quickly he can add to his strength over the ball.

Still eligible for the Rising Star is last year's Will Settlefield. Considered the equal to McGrath his season was cruelled by injury. If right he could knock off Rayner.

A bargain basement player you should be happy to see wearing your jumper is Hamish, the forgotten Bradshaw. Played last season out in the TAC with a broken foot. Might go in the 3rd round or later. A very hard worker and a smart kid who scored 98 in VCE.
ShanklinkOOM TourI am mid table mediocrity !

National Tour
2017 Day 1 winner at Monash CC

Baconwide TourRunner up 2015 Stink's 3 club challenge at YarrambatNAGA with Benny 2014 4bbb Championship at St Andrews BeachTeam Mercedes with Muff runners up 2017 4bbb Chanpionship FlindersRunner up 2017 Southern InvitationalWinner 2017 Keysborough InvitationalChoppers TourWinner 2014 Ghetto's Placegetter Challenge at SunshineWinner 2015 Airy's invitational at Melbourne Airport<p>

#2 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36715 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:33 PM

Ed Rayner's boy?

Certain star.
  • iRON MiCK likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals
Winner Stink's 3 Club Challenge 2015 | Winner C grade OOM The Sands 2016

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

Other, less impressive stuff...(I know...it's marginal...)
R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Low Handicap point 12.7 9/4/16

Finally...and most importantly...
Smoldy....when only the best will do.
Goldlink

#3 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2927 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

So, who will get Rayner? Is he the one they say is the next Dusty?

Would Brisbane pick him? Or would he just sit here for 2 years and pine for home?

#4 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

Funny, this time last year all the talk was that this years draft was going to be one of the best ever in terms of Key Position Players.

Regardless, Im sure it will be better and run deeper than what they're saying.

Agree that rayner will go number 1 - needs to work on his tank though..

Jack Graham will win the rising star. 

• Notupnotin likes this

#5 tigertuff

tigertuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2033 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:05 PM

For us, im hoping we can pick up 2 or 3 of the following talls with our first 3 picks

Balta, Allen, Naughton, and then naish as F/S. If that happened, Ill be a very happy fan, or should i say even happier  B)

#6 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6698 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:33 PM

look doesnt matter who you support or what ever we all like to think the #1 draft pick is the gun then 2nd,3rd fourth and so on  and thats what we are focus on  and this also puts pressure on some of these young lads  and fizz out.....

I am not saying there is any better this year in this draft, but there can be some gems ya wouldnt even think of

I can remember Carlton Taking Fevola   around pick 80 or somewhere that high in the draft but he wasnt  in the early picks..... part from his shinanigansoff field he could go from not kicking a gol in 2qtrs of footy  and then have a bag full of goals , and was a coleman medalist a couple of times and i  , fev can spruick something that many other coleman medalists never did  is get  a coleman medal while their team finished in a wooden spoon.....

basically sometimes ya can find gems hidden further down the list that get forgotten about as we put the hyp on the top of the crop

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#7 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

With the lack of depth and our picks we will be lucky get much more than a couple of donkeys.  

#8 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12267 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 29 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

any of them not sooks who can handle being a professional athlete away from Mummy?

• mugcanic likes this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

#9 ozdevil

ozdevil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6698 posts
  • Locationbacchus marsh

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

News is Brisbane and freo  regard rayner a flight risk (what ever that means, i spose another thing for homesickness)

Which will mean  The blues stand a very good chance of picking up Rayner  and will fill a goal kicking role Since gibbs   decided to leave for browner pastures at the crows

I AM ALWAYS FORCED TO DO SH1T I'M NOT QUALIFIED FOR. LIKE BEING NICE TO BLOODY ID1OTS :P :D

golflink # http://www.golflink....k_no=3040204492

#10 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2927 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

Yeah, flight risk = sook. "I want my mum now!". A 2 hour flight to Melbourne is apparently too long.

Although not many of them went back when they were earning 10% more and winning Premierships. Funny that :huh:

Good job rugby players, American footballers and football players can man up or none of them would make a living.

Bloody AFL sooks... :P

• ozdevil likes this

#11 gobligook

gobligook

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1105 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 08:07 AM

I hope you told their parents that their surname is Bradshaw and not Brayshaw.

• *Mouldy likes this

#12 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:02 AM

look doesnt matter who you support or what ever we all like to think the #1 draft pick is the gun then 2nd,3rd fourth and so on  and thats what we are focus on  and this also puts pressure on some of these young lads  and fizz out.....

I am not saying there is any better this year in this draft, but there can be some gems ya wouldnt even think of

I can remember Carlton Taking Fevola   around pick 80 or somewhere that high in the draft but he wasnt  in the early picks..... part from his shinanigansoff field he could go from not kicking a gol in 2qtrs of footy  and then have a bag full of goals , and was a coleman medalist a couple of times and i  , fev can spruick something that many other coleman medalists never did  is get  a coleman medal while their team finished in a wooden spoon.....

basically sometimes ya can find gems hidden further down the list that get forgotten about as we put the hyp on the top of the crop

Plenty of recruiters thought Fev could play, but most were scared off by his behaviour/character issues.  Carlton rolled the dice on a late pick and they won big, twice in fact.  They got great service out of him as a player and did quite nicely when they traded him as well.

Taking a punt can easily go t!ts up though, Hawks took Garlett and that ended in tears.

Edited by Hawkers2015, 30 October 2017 - 09:07 AM.

• ozdevil likes this

#13 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 36715 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:44 AM

Plenty of recruiters thought Fev could play, but most were scared off by his behaviour/character issues.  Carlton rolled the dice on a late pick and they won big, twice in fact.  They got great service out of him as a player and did quite nicely when they traded him as well.

Taking a punt can easily go t!ts up though, Hawks took Garlett and that ended in tears.

I think you're in front. Talk to me about Jonathon Hay and Jed bloody Anderson.

• iRON MiCK likes this

Winner Moonah Legends 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner The National 2013 ISG Nationals | Winner 4BBB 2013 ISG Nationals

Hole-in-one Growling Frog 14/1/17 5th hole 137m TM RBZ 5 hybrid / Srixon AD333 ball | Growling Frog GC Matchplay Champion 2017

R/Up ISG Nationals 2013 | C Grade LD Growling Frog 8/2/14, 11th hole, TM R1, HOF Patriot shaft, testicles of steel | NTP 2nd hole Kooindah Waters 2014 ISG Nationals

3 Birdies in one round The Glades 2015 ISG Nationals | R/Up 4BBB 2015 ISG Nationals | NTP 16th hole Growling Frog OOM 2017 

C Grade LD Growling Frog 26/12/17, 15th hole, Callaway BB Alpha, HOF Patriot shaft, same old testicles of steel

Goldlink

#14 Hawkers2015

Hawkers2015

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3233 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

I think you're in front. Talk to me about Jonathon Hay and Jed bloody Anderson.

No that you mention it we did allright out of offlloading Nathan Thompson as well.

I am hoping that we can turn this years donkeys into a decent dowry down the track.

Edited by Hawkers2015, 30 October 2017 - 10:19 AM.

#15 Goldy

Goldy

Got any Greek in you?

• Members
  • 36715 posts
  • LocationWant some?

Posted 30 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

The Nathan Thompson trade was ok...at least we got some value there.

The other 2 aren't worth a ream of A4 and a toner cartridge combined.

Goldlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users