RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

1 last one.

If i go over my round with the Recent Round section, there is no shot information, ie which club etc.

There is just the purple line

Were you put the link up for my first round, that works, all shot info is there, but i cant work out how to find that info from my last round

Edited by RobNewy, 30 October 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#47 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

That gif is from post round?

I was hoping to be able to move it during the round. Then i don't have to remember which shots i need to move when i finish my round

That feature is available during and post round.

Ithink i have just found the gps moving thing for during the round.

In the settings section there is a bit right down the bottom under Beta Testing.
Is that the one? Can't test until Sunday

I've been meaning to put up a post about that but have just been doing some internal testing beforehand. That feature is just for demoing or testing the app and wouldn't normally be utilised in a real round. I'll post up more detail tomorrow.

1 last one.

If i go over my round with the Recent Round section, there is no shot information, ie which club etc.

There is just the purple line

Were you put the link up for my first round, that works, all shot info is there, but i cant work out how to find that info from my last round

This is definitely on the to-do list. I was thinking of custom icons per shot to indicate the club and distance. I'll bump it up the list of priorities.

Did you happen to share the round out to some friends/family as you played on the weekend? I'm keen to gather feedback on the https://live.beagle.golf website.

Edited by Brendan, 30 October 2017 - 06:59 PM.

• RobNewy likes this

#48 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 30 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

That feature is available during and post round.

I've been meaning to put up a post about that but have just been doing some internal testing beforehand. That feature is just for demoing or testing the app and wouldn't normally be utilised in a real round. I'll post up more detail tomorrow.

This is definitely on the to-do list. I was thinking of custom icons per shot to indicate the club and distance. I'll bump it up the list of priorities.

Did you happen to share the round out to some friends/family as you played on the weekend? I'm keen to gather feedback on the https://live.beagle.golf website.

I dont think i shared it. Probly should have done that!

I had a bit of a poke around on the live website.
Pretty bloody good.

The other people's rounds that are on there, should i be able to see what clubs etc that were hit?
  • Brendan likes this

#49 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:23 PM

I dont think i shared it. Probly should have done that!

I had a bit of a poke around on the live website.
Pretty bloody good.

The other people's rounds that are on there, should i be able to see what clubs etc that were hit?

Thanks for the feedback! If you're using a computer to look at the site you can roll your mouse over the shot markers to see the club type and score. The same goes if you look at the site on mobile - just tap on the shot marker and it should pop up with the shot details.

6dyadZS.png

#50 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 01:29 PM

New feature added: Simulated GPS

Hi guys, I've added a new feature into the app which allows people to do a test round without having to be on course. If you're interested, please see the following GIF with an example (note the gif is around 50mb).

https://gfycat.com/g...rentHornedviper

We're getting very close to a public beta version for iOS.

#51 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback! If you're using a computer to look at the site you can roll your mouse over the shot markers to see the club type and score. The same goes if you look at the site on mobile - just tap on the shot marker and it should pop up with the shot details.
6dyadZS.png

Havent tried it on the computer, but it definitly doesnt work for me on mobile. Will try it on ipad but i dont think that worked either

#52 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 October 2017 - 02:16 PM

Havent tried it on the computer, but it definitly doesnt work for me on mobile. Will try it on ipad but i dont think that worked either

Okay I'll look into that. Could you let me know the type of phone and browser you are using? I will try to replicate the issue at my end.

#53 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 31 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Okay I'll look into that. Could you let me know the type of phone and browser you are using? I will try to replicate the issue at my end.

Works on my ipad using chrome.

Doesnt work on my phone. Samsung s6 using chrome as well

#54 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:37 PM

One other thing.

A filter or search engine in the live section would be good.

Haveing to scroll through other people's games to find my own is a pain in the butt

Edited by RobNewy, 05 November 2017 - 04:37 PM.

#55 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

Apple iOS beta now available!

Hi everyone,

A bit slow between updates as I've been working to get the iOS app up to speed with the Android version. I'm happy to report it is ready for public beta testing. If you can help out, please PM me your name and email address.

I am also pleased to report there is a production version of the Beagle device sitting on my desk! At this stage we are looking to ship in time for Christmas and I will confirm that soon.

Rob, I'd love to get a Beagle out to you for all of your efforts. Could you PM me your address please?

Edited by Brendan, 16 November 2017 - 08:39 AM.

• BumpunRun, RobNewy and Itchy4Scratch like this

#56 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:44 AM

Short Putt Man, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get a Beagle device out to you too. Rob and yourself were the first public beta testers and have been a big help!

• RobNewy, Dr.inky, Short Putt Man and 1 other like this

#57 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:45 AM

Done.
Thanks Brendan!

Huge appreciation
  • BumpunRun and Brendan like this

#58 BumpunRun

BumpunRun

Year of the Day

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11968 posts
  • LocationThirteen point twenty-four warning points

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Great stuff Brendan!

awesome to see

• RobNewy and Brendan like this
"But sometimes there are more important things in life than being pedantic about the rules of golf, or spelling and grammar on golf forums"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, gps, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users