• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Okay, there is a new version up in the play store if you could please update. It now has Facebook login support and more improvements to user account creation and settings/profile.

If you would like to test the functionality while not on course you can utilise an app such as this one:

https://play.google....a.fakegps&hl=en

This allows you to set Fake GPS locations. What I suggest is to set yourself on the first tee of your favourite course using the Fake GPS app, then fire up Beagle to start a round and take a shot. From there you can switch between the Beagle app and Fake GPS to move around the course. If you're near a computer you can use the "Share this round" option in the menu to follow your progress in a web browser.

Sweet settings are working (Although why the default is imperial and not metric is something I would change).

Also when I chose 18 at the intial setup as handicap, in settings it had it as -7.

Ok so when changing the settings as above, I can't see a save option so assume it saves automatically when you select and option or when using the back arrow at the top? If yes to either then it isn't saving as I have gone back in a couple of times and reverts back to original settings it had as above.

Also Under settings if I go into Edit details and then save details at bottom, then use exit arrow across top in settings it crashes.

Only things I have found so far.

Thanks, that is really useful feedback especially in regards to the automatic save question. It actually does auto save as you make changes but I will pass that feedback to the UX designer. See how you go with the latest version and if you see further issues with the account/settings could you please PM me the account email address you are using?

Done. Im getting the spinny wheel of death for an extended period of time.

When i edit my details, it won't let me add an email address.

Hey Rob, you're all sorted now correct?

• Joe79 likes this

#32 Joe79

Joe79

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3016 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

Done and updating now

• Brendan likes this

OOM 4 2017 Moonah Open C Grade and Overall Winner - 39pts

OOM 1 2018 Growling Frog B Grade and Overall Winner - 40pts

Cap: 15.4 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi Stiff | Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Works Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spare: Big Bertha Mini on Aldila Tour Green Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

#33 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

All sorted Brendan, but will update the new version
  • Brendan likes this
http://www.golf.org....icap/3010407059

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#34 reprise

reprise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1328 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

I'm curious.

Why the live shot data?

The stats tracking, etc. Yep, get that, but the live publishing of shot by shot data?

What's the market for that? Tour pro?

I can't see many being too interested in what some amateur weekend hack is doing... Or, am I missing something?

The whole existence of this site is about amateur weekend hacks

#35 reprise

reprise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1328 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

I'm curious.

Why the live shot data?

The stats tracking, etc. Yep, get that, but the live publishing of shot by shot data?

What's the market for that? Tour pro?

I can't see many being too interested in what some amateur weekend hack is doing... Or, am I missing something?

#36 hack2489

hack2489

WTF, I can change this now?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

100% agree.

I think that's why Brendan asked on here for "crash test dummies". He needs the amateur hack influence to truly beta test his app...

#37 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

Used it today for the first time.

Very easy to use.

GPS was within 1m of my Garmin g7 every time.

A couple of observations.

1. It would be nice if there is an 'in the hole' button for putting.
2. I would like to be able to move the gps point around. Eg. A couple of times it showed me on the green or in a bunker, when i wasnt
3. Would be very helpful to be able to go back over the round and see each shot and know what club i hit etc.
4. Would be good to have a fairway hit, GIR etc. Also how many putts i had.

Overall i really like the app, and will very seriously try to convince the missus that i need the whole kit for xmas
  • BumpunRun likes this

So Max, if I don't respond to your comments, it's just because I'm ignoring you because I think you're an arsehole

#38 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

Hey Rob, good to hear. That is valuable feedback. The link to your round is here: https://live.beagle.golf/4jtd

1. It would be nice if there is an 'in the hole' button for putting. 

Does it feel like you aren't finishing the hole or that your data is not being saved?

2. I would like to be able to move the gps point around. Eg. A couple of times it showed me on the green or in a bunker, when i wasnt

I didn't mention that you can long press on each shot marker and drag it wherever you like. I wanted to see if that was intuitive. I'll post up a gif of this later.

3. Would be very helpful to be able to go back over the round and see each shot and know what club i hit etc.

If you load up the app again you should see the round in your history. Once you click that it will take you to the map view of your round. You can long press on shot markers to move them around if they are not in the correct spot.

4. Would be good to have a fairway hit, GIR etc. Also how many putts i had.   

I have plans for some of those features. Will keep you posted!

#39 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:14 AM

Thanks Brendan.

That's great news about the long press thing.

I guess with the putting its a bit difficult to add a shot after your first putt.

I ended up just adding my shot as per normal, but for 2nd putts, i just added an extra shot on the scorecard side of things.
It will be quite easy to do with the gizmo and stickers, but just using the app alone, its hard on the green when people are waiting to play there shot while i ponce about with my phone

#40 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:21 AM

So after the round, the only way i cam see my club info for that shot is via the Live round section?

A long press on tbe scorecard to show that info would be good as well

I will be using it again on saturday

#41 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:07 PM

I guess with the putting its a bit difficult to add a shot after your first putt.

I ended up just adding my shot as per normal, but for 2nd putts, i just added an extra shot on the scorecard side of things.
It will be quite easy to do with the gizmo and stickers, but just using the app alone, its hard on the green when people are waiting to play there shot while i ponce about with my phone

I agree. Marking more than one putt with the app is about the limit when playing with others. The Beagle device certainly solves this issue... you can get through the entire round without touching your phone. I'm pleased to hear that the separation of the shot tracking and score keeping was intuitive.

So after the round, the only way i cam see my club info for that shot is via the Live round section?

A long press on tbe scorecard to show that info would be good as well

I will be using it again on saturday

For now yes, but I'll pass that feedback onto the UX designer and see what else we can come up with.

• BumpunRun and RobNewy like this

#42 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 29 October 2017 - 01:51 PM

Used it again today.

I cant manually move the gps position. If i try to, it tells me to enable manual mode in the settings. Can't find that in the settings.

I hit one into the weewee today. Can't find how to add a penalty.
I
I kept forgetting to Tag my shot when i tee off. My fault as I'm stupid

Edited by RobNewy, 29 October 2017 - 01:52 PM.

#43 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

Used it again today.

I cant manually move the gps position. If i try to, it tells me to enable manual mode in the settings. Can't find that in the settings.

I hit one into the weewee today. Can't find how to add a penalty.
I
I kept forgetting to Tag my shot when i tee off. My fault as I'm stupid

Hey Rob good to hear. The penalty is right at the bottom of the club selection dialogue when taking a new shot.

ghqJMgr.png

Here is a gif showing how a long press on an existing shot marker allows you to move it to the desired location.

SomberFluidDoctorfish-size_restricted.gi

• RobNewy likes this

#44 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:46 PM

Hey Rob good to hear. The penalty is right at the bottom of the club selection dialogue when taking a new shot.
ghqJMgr.png

Here is a gif showing how a long press on an existing shot marker allows you to move it to the desired location.

SomberFluidDoctorfish-size_restricted.gi

That gif is from post round?

I was hoping to be able to move it during the round. Then i don't have to remember which shots i need to move when i finish my round

#45 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11061 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 30 October 2017 - 04:51 PM

Ithink i have just found the gps moving thing for during the round.

In the settings section there is a bit right down the bottom under Beta Testing.
Is that the one? Can't test until Sunday

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, gps, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users