• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

As I lost my tags for Gamegolf this has come along at the perfect time!

Installed and will try to remember to use on the weekend!

I am out at Heidelberg in Melbourne\Lower Plenty.

Cant get into settings as the app constantly crashes so not sure if only me or if others too, sent feedback each time through google store. But other than that for a beta looks good!

Thanks for installing. I can see those crashes and have been implementing a solution this morning. I'll have an updated version of the app ready soon.

• Short Putt Man likes this

#17 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:46 AM

I can't see many being too interested in what some amateur weekend hack is doing... Or, am I missing something?

Hi there. I don't really see users following people they do not know. Some example use cases are parents following their child's round or a group of golfing buddies sharing their round with their friends and family. If you're on holidays and play a nice course you may want to share that with your colleagues stuck back in the office :-)

We've got further use cases that will be supported in future but for now I'm just focused on getting a solid base in place.

#18 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2762 posts
  • LocationVic (Metro North)

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:05 PM

Thanks

I was also going to add if you got a large group playing as well (Bucks party etc) you might want to see how the groups ahead\behind have gone or have bets for long drive and so on and this could be handy alternative too the sticks etc.

• BumpunRun likes this

Cap: 17.9 Gamegolf

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

Goals: Get back to GA 15.9

#19 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:46 PM

Thanks

I was also going to add if you got a large group playing as well (Bucks party etc) you might want to see how the groups ahead\behind have gone or have bets for long drive and so on and this could be handy alternative too the sticks etc.

Yep and in a similar way corporate and charity golf days. Particularly if a charity day has celebrities playing it will be a good way to increase coverage of the event.

If you wouldn't mind updating the app through the play store and see if you experience the same issue. It should be resolved now.

#20 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2762 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:05 PM

Yep and in a similar way corporate and charity golf days. Particularly if a charity day has celebrities playing it will be a good way to increase coverage of the event.

If you wouldn't mind updating the app through the play store and see if you experience the same issue. It should be resolved now.

Updated and same issue. Tried clearing cache and data and logging back in again. Crashed on login, then opened and went through initial setup again of device and handicap etc.

Got in ok after that but on settings open it crashes again. Feedback has been submitted with logs so should have those :)

WITB:

Primary: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft | Great Big Bertha 3W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Great Big Bertha 5W on Fujukura 665 Reg Shaft | Cally X Forged 13's on Project X PXi 6.0 Steel shafts 3-PW | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 52* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 Slate S Grind 56* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal X Milled #1 |

Holiday:  X2 Hot Pro 8.5 on Aldila Tour Green Shaft Big Bertha 3W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Big Bertha 5W on Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50 Stiff Shaft | Wilson Staff FG Tour 3I on Project X 5.5 | Mizuno MP 54 4-PW on Project X 5.5 Stiff Shafts | Mack Daddy 2 56* bent to 54* | Mack Daddy 2 60* bent to 58* | Odyssey Metal-X #1 (2013) |

Spares: Big Bertha 1.5 Mini 12* on Fujikura 665 Reg Shaft 3w Length | Wilson Staff FG Tours Head only 4 -PW | True Temper XP 105 Stiff Shafts 4 - PW length | Mack Daddy 2 Slate 52* S Grind |

#21 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:55 PM

Ibe just updated and it crashes when i go into settings

#22 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 01:59 PM

Updated and same issue. Tried clearing cache and data and logging back in again. Crashed on login, then opened and went through initial setup again of device and handicap etc.

Got in ok after that but on settings open it crashes again. Feedback has been submitted with logs so should have those :)

Ibe just updated and it crashes when i go into settings

Thanks guys, I'm just pushing a new version to the store now. Thanks for your patience. I'll let you know when the new version is up.

#23 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:58 PM

Okay the new version is up. Would you mind updating in the play store when you get a chance.

#24 RobNewy

RobNewy

Captain Spud

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10575 posts
  • LocationEast Melbourne

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

Okay the new version is up. Would you mind updating in the play store when you get a chance.

Done. Im getting the spinny wheel of death for an extended period of time.

When i edit my details, it won't let me add an email address.

#25 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hrm, if you log out and back in again does it help? Could you please PM me the email address your using to login?

• RobNewy likes this

#26 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:31 PM

Ah, the joys of betta testing!

As for the live data, the large group makes sense. I can definitely see the charity / celebrity "pro" use working.

But, as for the "great course, mates in the office", isn't that what sending pics n vid all about? Oh, and skype... Bloody good fun calling up a mate at work while scoping an awesome surf lineup...

Heh, I asked the guys to break it and they've done a good job so far :-) If you're a techo and interested shoot me a PM and I'm happy to discuss the nitty gritty.

I'm looking to integrate at least photos into the live feed/chat feature. I found it difficult to anticipate which features/functionality would be of most use, but its built in a way that we can shift focus to what is most important to the user base as we progress.

• Madambo likes this

#27 hack2489

hack2489

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:59 AM

Heh, I asked the guys to break it and they've done a good job so far :-) If you're a techo and interested shoot me a PM and I'm happy to discuss the nitty gritty.

I'm looking to integrate at least photos into the live feed/chat feature. I found it difficult to anticipate which features/functionality would be of most use, but its built in a way that we can shift focus to what is most important to the user base as we progress.

Ah, yeah, I'm the least techo nitty gritty type, but like your concept, model, usp, and price point.

I'd suggest an edit to your FAQ, especially considering the club thrower's around here:

"Are Beagle and tags water resistant?
Beagle and the tags are sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. Please remove the device before retrieving balls from the lake!... Or throwing your club in there."

Don't worry. I'm sure one of them around here will test it.

#28 Short Putt Man

Short Putt Man

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

Sweet settings are working (Although why the default is imperial and not metric is something I would change).

Also when I chose 18 at the intial setup as handicap, in settings it had it as -7.

Ok so when changing the settings as above, I can't see a save option so assume it saves automatically when you select and option or when using the back arrow at the top? If yes to either then it isn't saving as I have gone back in a couple of times and reverts back to original settings it had as above.

Also Under settings if I go into Edit details and then save details at bottom, then use exit arrow across top in settings it crashes.

Only things I have found so far.

WITB:

#29 Commish

Commish

No Rhyme Nor Reason

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13546 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Sweet settings are working (Although why the default is imperial and not metric is something I would change).

Also when I chose 18 at the intial setup as handicap, in settings it had it as -7.

Ok so when changing the settings as above, I can't see a save option so assume it saves automatically when you select and option or when using the back arrow at the top? If yes to either then it isn't saving as I have gone back in a couple of times and reverts back to original settings it had as above.

Also Under settings if I go into Edit details and then save details at bottom, then use exit arrow across top in settings it crashes.

Only things I have found so far.

You should be on the payroll as assistant R&D crash test dummy..  And no, I don't mean you are a dummy..

• Short Putt Man and Brendan like this
The key to success is to learn to do something right, then do it right every time. Oh I wish.....
Three time winner of the treasured WBT.
2012 ISG National Champs 2nd Round winner @ Robina Woods
2013 ISG National Champs 1st Round winner @ 'The Dunes'
2014 ISG National Champs - Top 10 finish - Played like a girl - MUNT GOLFER
2015 ISG National Champs - Deservedly crowned the National N.A.G.A.
2016 ISG National Champs 4BBB champion with Francie
2017 ISG National Champs - I was there and the only thing that saved me was more BEER.
Hole in One - Rosnay GC, 157 metre Par 3 - 27th February 2015

http://www.golflink....k_no=2030804409

#30 Brendan

Brendan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:18 AM

I'd suggest an edit to your FAQ, especially considering the club thrower's around here:

"Are Beagle and tags water resistant?
Beagle and the tags are sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof. Please remove the device before retrieving balls from the lake!... Or throwing your club in there."

Don't worry. I'm sure one of them around here will test it.

Haha, we've all been there!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, gps, android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users